Texas Tech: Lord of the QB Super Bowl Rings?

2,428 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GoAgs92
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With a Red Raider QB seeking his third Guns Up Super Bowl ring, I wondered about each Texas university QB ring count in this millennium.

Texas Tech has two QBs who wear the rings: Kliff Kingsbury (2003) and Patrick Mahomes (2020, 2023) for a total of three with a possibility of a Fearless Champion fourth this evening.

Does any other Texas university QB come close in the modern era?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Big 12-0 said:

With a Red Raider QB seeking his third Guns Up Super Bowl ring, I wondered about each Texas university QB ring count in this millennium.

Texas Tech has two QBs who wear the rings: Kliff Kingsbury (2003) and Patrick Mahomes (2020, 2023) for a total of three with a possibility of a Fearless Champion fourth this evening.

No other Texas school has a starting QB in the Super Bowl history, Gary Kubiak from A&M did play in the super bowl as a backup to John Elway, and he won a super bowl as a head coach
TXAGBQ76
AG
Cool.
TAMU has:
-14 players with Super Bowl rings
- 62 players who have played in a Super Bowl
- 44 active NFL players
I think we are good!
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Cool.
TAMU has:
-14 players with Super Bowl rings
- 62 players who have played in a Super Bowl
- 44 active NFL players
I think we are good!

Cool.
No quarterback SB rings though.
Texas Tech is Too Super Duper Good!
Texas velvet maestro
One large thin crust pepperoni and one large Brooklyn-style, pepperoni black olive.

ETA?
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! Typical moving the goal posts. But I bet it, it's absolutely all you've got.
I'm happy with what we've got- including our one QB.
Enjoy your moral victory little guy!
Big 12-0
The ETA for the Tech Super Bowl ring is 9:17pm!

Stay tuned…
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

LOL! Typical moving the goal posts. But I bet it, it's absolutely all you've got.
I'm happy with what we've got- including our one QB.
Enjoy your moral victory little guy!

QB Super Bowl Rings: Goalposts in place
A&M Super Bowl participation trophies: Move goalposts to 20 yard line.
TXAGBQ76
AG
So your boy's Super Bowl rings are participations trophies? Who knew?
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

So your boy's Super Bowl rings are participations trophies? Who knew?

Nope, you're moving goalposts again. This what I was referring to:
" -62 players who have played in a Super Bowl
- 44 active NFL players "
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! I'll cut you some slack since you went to tech.

1. Math is obviously hard for you, but 14 Super Bowl rings > 2 Super Bowl rings (or even 3)
2. In any organization, depth is critical. I wasn't moving the goalposts, just showing the complete breadth my team has had. I get you don't like that, because you are two trick pony.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

LOL! I'll cut you some slack since you went to tech.

1. Math is obviously hard for you, but 14 Super Bowl rings > 2 Super Bowl rings (or even 3)
2. In any organization, depth is critical. I wasn't moving the goalposts, just showing the complete breadth my team has had. I get you don't like that, because you are two trick pony.

LOL! If I went to A&M I'd ask for a refund since comprehension wasn't part of my education.

I set the "goalposts" (your term) by asking about Texas university QB Super Bowl rings. You moved said "goalposts" talking about OVERALL SB rings and current NFL roster players.

Did A&M have any QB win a Super Bowl ring? Please answer without moving the "goalposts."
TXAGBQ76
AG
Sure, Gary Kubiak- duh! Super indeed!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wow, how brave of you to admit you have issues with comprehension, golf clap for you.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Sure, Gary Kubiak- duh! Super indeed!

OK, I'll allow it though it wasn't as a player.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOl! As if I needed your validation.
Big 12-0
And the Victory Bells Will Ring Out!

That's another Red Raider QB ring.

The tortillas have flown.

Thanks for tuning in.
TTUArmy
Big 12-0
Big 12-0 said:

The ETA for the Tech Super Bowl ring is 9:17pm!

Stay tuned…

A bit late with the OT, but a Red Raider rules the world again!
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

LOl! As if I needed your validation.

Our validation was televised on international television.

Mahomes has moved the "goalposts" on what a NFL QB can do.
Raiderjay
And he won with a play called "corndog"…..

Congrats Mahomes!
ttu_85
Raiderjay said:

Congrats Mahomes!
Yep. Pat gets it done. BTW has anyone seen Johnny F'nnnnnnn football or Vince Young lately
Deus Vult
Big 12-0 said:

Since I don't follow Tech's football program, can you explain something? Mahomes is a good NFL QB, so why when he was at Tech was he completely unable to help Tech have even a pulse? Was it that the QB coaching at Tech was so bad that he didn't get better till he went to the NFL, or was the coaching so bad that the whole team was a cluster, or just that every other player on the field should have really been playing in Div 3?
ttu_85
Deus Vult said:

Big 12-0 said:

Since I don't follow Tech's football program, can you explain something? Mahomes is a good NFL QB, so why when he was at Tech was he completely unable to help Tech have even a pulse? Was it that the QB coaching at Tech was so bad that he didn't get better till he went to the NFL, or was the coaching so bad that the whole team was a cluster, or just that every other player on the field should have really been playing in Div 3?
You stated your first sentence honesty as evident by the remainder of this idiotic post.

It was a fact Kingsbury was hired by the Cardinals for his QB coaching. The problem was his QB there had a terrible attitude and is still a loser to this day. What university did he play football? He was a loser there too. Some just cant be coached.
Texas velvet maestro
ttu_85 said:

Raiderjay said:

Congrats Mahomes!
Yep. Pat gets it done. BTW has anyone seen Johnny F'nnnnnnn football or Vince Young lately
johnny m won a heisman at A&M and VY won a National Championship at UT. and mahomes gtfo of Tech.
maroon barchetta
Kliff got the Tceh head coaching job because Johnny made him look great. He should write Johnny a nice check.
ttu_85
Texas velvet maestro said:

ttu_85 said:

Raiderjay said:

Congrats Mahomes!
johnny m won a heisman at A&M and VY won a National Championship at UT. and mahomes gtfo of Tech.
Whats up Maestro. The Poli board is boring today. Clearly a slow news day, so I thought I'd drop by here and roll a couple of grenades and cause trouble for old time sake.

Funny what you said about Pat. Did you see that ESPN special with Cousins, the Falcon- cant recall the name, and Mahomes. Mahomes was in Tech workout clothes half the time pimping his school. And he is always seen out and about attending Tech events. Dude is loyal.

Seen Vince lately ?

BTW funny to see you in here yanking on **** dong.
Texas velvet maestro
ttu_85 said:

ttu_85 said:

Raiderjay said:

Congrats Mahomes!
Whats up Maestro. The Poli board is boring today. Clearly a slow news day, so I thought I'd drop by here and roll a couple of grenades and cause trouble for old time sake.

Funny what you said about Pat. Did you see that ESPN special with Cousins, the Falcon- cant recall the name, and Mahomes. Mahomes was in Tech workout clothes half the time pimping his school. And he is always seen out and about attending Tech events. Dude is loyal.

Seen Vince lately ?

taptap tap 85. people type extra when they've been burned by truth.
ttu_85

ttu_85 said:

ttu_85 said:

Raiderjay said:

Congrats Mahomes!

Seen Vince lately ?

taptap tap 85. people type extra when they've been burned by truth.
Come on man, I was looking for something funny and cleaver. I know you have it in you.
Texas velvet maestro
ttu_85 said:

Come on man, I was looking for something funny and cleaver. I know you have it in you.
like beaver cleaver?
Big 12-0
Rarefied air.

That's the only way I could describe Lubbock, Texas today. There was an extra spark of electricity wherever I went in town. I felt like I was a part of something bigger and stronger than myself.

A community.

A community of tortilla flingers that rule the football world.

I could get used to this.

Stay tuned…
maroon barchetta
That was the stench of the feed lots.
Big 12-0

ttu_85 said:

like beaver cleaver?

I will have you know that Beaver Cleaver is MY WIFE!
Big 12-0
maroon barchetta said:

That was the stench of the feed lots.

I love the stench of feed lots after winning a Super Bowl. Smells like… victory.
MooreTrucker
AG
ttu_85 said:

Deus Vult said:

Big 12-0 said:

You stated your first sentence honesty as evident by the remainder of this idiotic post.

It was a fact Kingsbury was hired by the Cardinals for his QB coaching. The problem was his QB there had a terrible attitude and is still a loser to this day. What university did he play football? He was a loser there too. Some just cant be coached.
Kliff is a great OC and QB coach but sucks as a HC, which is what he was at Tech. Mahomes set records for QB play but the team as a whole sucked.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.