New Big XII Members Dominate NCAA Skiing

989 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Texas velvet maestro
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ncaa.com/news/skiing/article/2024-03-09/colorado-wins-2024-ncaa-skiiing-championship

Unfortunately, my Utes, who won the past four National championships were edged out by Colorado this year.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
BillYeoman
UTExan said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/skiing/article/2024-03-09/colorado-wins-2024-ncaa-skiiing-championship

Unfortunately, my Utes, who won the past four National championships were edged out by Colorado this year.

Family vacations are now a college sport? Who knew….

Either way….welcome to the Big 12!
Texas velvet maestro
You're definitely competitive, . Not to be outdone, I think TxTech has a natty in, indoor skiing.
UTExan
BillYeoman said:

UTExan said:

Family vacations are now a college sport? Who knew….

Either way….welcome to the Big 12!

It's okay. None of the ski team is on probation/parole. To my knowledge. A very diverse group: Spain, Sweden, Norway, Canada, France, the US.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Big 12-0
Can't wait for Tech's Ski Team!

Chute 'Em!
UTExan
Er, this is not water skiing.
Big 12-0
UTExan said:

Er, this is not water skiing.

Tells you what I know about any type of skiing
Texas velvet maestro
in Lubbock the skiing involves sand, a rope, a trashcan lid and a truck, slaloming wind turbines.
AgDotCom
Texas velvet maestro said:

in Lubbock the skiing involves sand, a rope, a trashcan lid and a truck, slaloming wind turbines.
Got three citations for doing that in Port Aransas back in the day, and not one for drinking. Strange world back then.
Texas velvet maestro
AgDotCom said:

Got three citations for doing that in Port Aransas back in the day, and not one for drinking. Strange world back then.
the guy driving the truck probably got cited for an unsecured load.
AgDotCom

AgDotCom said:

The guy driving the truck was me, and I received all 3 citations. These were the offenses back then, not sure if they still exist today:

- Exhibition of Acceleration: $102.50
- Allowing attachment to the rear of the vehicle: $102.50 (I still halfway believe the officer made this one up).
- Driving in the sand dunes: $202.50 (Understandable, likely a violation today).

The funny thing was there were 4 guys riding in my truck, 1 guy being pulled on the sand, and 2 other guys following us in another truck with a bullhorn mounted on the roof calling the action like Howard Cosell.....all had cold longnecks in hand, even the guy on the trashcan lid, and not a peep from the cops about that. Drinking age back then was 18, but still.......

$400 in fines was a lot of money in 1977, especially for a high school senior when the rest your buddies involved were broke, too. And yeah, so I'm old. DGAF and someone has to fill in for the late, great Longhorn Dub anyway.
Texas velvet maestro
AgDotCom said:

AgDotCom said:

The guy driving the truck was me, and I received all 3 citations. These were the offenses back then, not sure if they still exist today:

- Exhibition of Acceleration: $102.50
- Allowing attachment to the rear of the vehicle: $102.50 (I still halfway believe the officer made this one up).
- Driving in the sand dunes: $202.50 (Understandable, likely a violation today).

The funny thing was there were 4 guys riding in my truck, 1 guy being pulled on the sand, and 2 other guys following us in another truck with a bullhorn mounted on the roof calling the action like Howard Cosell.....all had cold longnecks in hand, even the guy on the trashcan lid, and not a peep from the cops about that. Drinking age back then was 18, but still.......

$400 in fines was a lot of money in 1977, especially for a high school senior when the rest your buddies involved were broke, too. And yeah, so I'm old. DGAF and someone has to fill in for the late, great Longhorn Dub anyway.
yeah. $400 made a dent back then. But it was great being young and bulletproof. no phones or even seat belts.

legal to drink at 18. I don't think they even had an open container law in 77.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.