Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best BBQ in Lockhart?

4,529 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Tree Hugger
justnobody79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fancy sides are for the women and children, not that there is anything wrong with that
DatTallArchitect
AG
milner79 said:

gigem70 said:

Sides are a waist of time for me. I go to bbq joints for the meat.

This.

There once was a line of thinking in Lockhart that if you needed to sell sides, there must be something wrong with your meat offerings.

Alas, not terribly long after they moved to their new location, Kreuz succumbed and started selling sides just like all the others. First it was beans, the gateway side. Now, as far as I can tell, they have the full array of sides.

This is your one time to be unapologetically carnivore. Give me a sausage, a beer, some crackers and watch me make it disappear.

(And spaghetti at a place that purports to be a barbecue joint is just weird. Clearly, she ain't from around here ...)

Places that put out good brisket, sausage, etc are a lot more plentiful these days. Sides are what set a place apart from the others
milner79
I guess if I wanted carrot souffle or spaghetti, I'd go to Applebee's or Olive Garden.
DatTallArchitect
AG
milner79 said:

I guess if I wanted carrot souffle or spaghetti, I'd go to Applebee's or Olive Garden.
The good news for you is that good BBQ neat can be found all over. Those restaurants offering quality sides are also offering quality BBQ meat.

For the restaurants wanting to make top lists, they are going to also be providing quality sides as well as great brisket, sausage, etc.

I really don't get the gripe about having good sides, but you do you.
GreasenUSA
AG
Haven't seen anyone gripe about good sides. I believe we're just meat fanatics who want our stomach space to be 100% meat.
milner79
Oh, I will. And you do you. Bon appetit.
Matsui
AG
i love great meat and great sides.
Tree Hugger
AG
StinkyPinky said:

I can second this. I lived in Portland (suburb) for 6 years and was highly disappointed with the quality of BBQ. And people would swear by certain places which I would get my hopes up and would be miserable. Like you mentioned, several that supposedly were from Texas and were suppose to be genuine. Meh. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the food truck was Holy Trinity BBQ

Same story with TexMex.

I don't remember the name of the truck, but we also were in Junction City, not Portland.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.