LA Times photo of Sloan

3,551 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by hlsr
dsj83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that sucks *period*
Gap
AG
Sloan would have made the 1st and missed the 2nd. Jones would have grabbed the rebound and scored and we wouldn't have even gone to OT.

What a great ending.
Gap
AG
Let the pictures speak for themself.
kjaneway
AG
I now feel worse, Gap.

Thanks.
PapaJohn14
AG
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW REF!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

jayhawk_sandwich
i know this must be here somewhere else.. but wtf. im used to this kind of bias. but wtf???

http://media.scout.com/media/image/53/532752.jpg
TooCold
S
Yeah, be real proud of that win. You had an 8 on 5 all night with the refs on your side you little beotch. I would like to meet you, I really would. Let's see if I can put the type of hacks on you that our guys were getting all night with ut your vajayjay bleeding and you crapping your pants. Bring it, you assface clown.

[This message has been edited by TooCold (edited 3/23/2008 12:24a).]
Lance Uppercut
AG
quote:
Yeah, be real proud of that win. You had an 8 on 5 all night with the refs on your side you little beotch.. I would liek to meet you, I really would. LEt;s see if I can put the type of hacls on you that our guys were getting all night with out your vajayjay bleeding and you Ccrapping your pants. Bring it you assface clown.

This is about the time you grab your friend and lead him out of the bar.
houstontexan
un****ing believable.

seriously.

un****ing believable.

seriously.....that's absolute ****ing horse****.
McNasty
AG
quote:
Good game but 8 on 5 wins championships

fify, west coast trash
jeffdjohnson
It was blatant. Absolutely blatant in live action. I threw my remote across the room and broke it. Looking at this picture and it is even worse than I imagined. **** these gutless refs. **** UCLA.
schlobesky
ESPN caption on that picture:

quote:
UCLA's Josh Shipp blocks a scoring attempt by Texas A&M's Donald Sloan in the final minute of their second round basketball game at the NCAA West Regional on Saturday, March 22, 2008 in Anaheim, Calif. (AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)

kyledr04
AG
The LA Times caption: "UCLA forward Josh Shipp appears to grab the arm of Texas A&M's Donald Sloan, who was trying to make the tying basket in the final seconds of Saturday's second-round NCAA West Regional game at Anaheim"
houstontexan
if that's a "block" then i seriously have a chance at d1.
Ranger222
AG
quote:
UCLA's Josh Shipp GRABS THE HAND OF AND IS A NO CALL RESULTING IN A COMPLETE FAIL BY THE OFFICIALS IN a scoring attempt by Texas A&M's Donald Sloan in the final minute of their second round basketball game at the NCAA West Regional on Saturday, March 22, 2008 in Anaheim, Calif. (AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)

FIFY ESPN
atxtiger
im Memphis fan that lives in Austin and am in Little Rock for our game tomorrow. I was in a sports bar her in the Rock with Memphis fans, Longhorn fans, Razorback fans, and a few Aggies. The roar that came over the the place when ya'll got completely and unequivically jobbed by the officials on your last possession was like nothing i heard before. if even your biggest rivals and the team you faced last year in the tourney see it, why cant the bought and paid for ncaa refs see it? i really feel for your team....especially the seniors. thats a horrible way to go out. of course, there is no way to say you would've won the game, but at least should've had the free throws to send it into over time. good luck to you guys in the future. turgeon is a hell of a coach and we'll do our best to take out the Long whorns in the elite 8 for you guys.
TooCold
TooCold
RAB83
AG
You gotta like the LA Times' caption for this one...

They wrote, "UCLA freshman center Kevin Love was often tangled up with Texas A&M players in his pursuit of rebounds Saturday during an NCAA West Regional second-round game in Anaheim."

Tangled?
mallen
AG
Too bad it had to end that way. That being said, Sloan still had to make the free throws, which is no guarantee. And then we would have had to beat them in overtime.
houstontexan
un****ing believable.

no call, huh? my ****ing ass.
Bea Arthur is SEXY

How about my caption:

"1 - Cut a hole in the ball
2 - Put your junk in that ball ..."
hlsr
AG
ESPN.com got it right...they have the video on the rh side of their website captioned with "UCLA holds on to beat Texas A&M". Literally in this case...we got hosed!

If the refs aren't going to call this b/c it's the last 10 seconds of the game...then why are they even out there? They're spectators at that point...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.