Coach Gillispie just whipped my *** at pool

17,093 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by themoonpie
Drink Juice, Shelby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Wildcat-You have to understand that XL has had a man crush on him for years. When he left XL felt like a spurned lover. Kind of like a divorce.

then why is XL defending him?
gopitt
XL has been off the deep end on this guy for sometime.
When BCG first came to Aggieland I thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He turned around a non existent program almost overnight.
He was the aw shucks, good ol' boy, native Texan with an innate ability to instill discipline and a winning attitude. And he did it in a humble way.
Somewhere along the line he started reading his press clippings, getting into skirmishes with his superiors and subordinates, and not being the poster boy for a model coach at a major university. Success does that to people who don't know how to handle or accept it.
This same transformed personality followed him to Lexington where he again got into it with superiors and subordinates, hung out in the Lexington bars and basically was going to do what he damn well pleased. Only this time he didn't win.
Now he's an out of work coach, a loner with few if any friends, no wife or kids and all the time in the world on his hands. It has all the ingredients for disaster. I hope he can pull himself out of it and return to what he does best before his personal demons get the best of him.

[This message has been edited by gopitt (edited 8/7/2009 11:51a).]
McInnis 03
AG
Just saw this, my eyes went when I read the Gardner-Webb line.

That is freaking awesome, I thought he'd break the pool cue over your head.
XL2Win
quote:
When BCG first came to Aggieland I thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

quote:
I made no mention of his drinking during his A&M tenure because I was unaware of it until near the end of his regime. Go back to TexAgs at that time and you will find little or nothing about his bar hopping antics.

Well, this explains it all. I'm sure you missed the spirited discussions here about his DWI arrest and the sightings in the local bars. You must be living in a cave to have missed the very same DWI arrest mug shot that was posted after Byrne rapid-hired him.

Funny how that became important to you AFTER he left. Sounds like you're the jilted one.

[This message has been edited by XL2Win (edited 8/7/2009 5:11p).]
XL2Win
And for the record, I'm only trying to give a semblance of balance to the seemingly endless string of BCG threads where gopitt invariably comes on to righteously post about what a moral decadent BCG was/is, ignoring the plethora of evidence that was available and posted prior to BCG ever stepping foot on campus.

Like I said in this thread, as well as others, BCG is flawed. No doubt about it. He is not the perfect model for a coach where character is more important than winning. But I remember many, if not most of these same posters decrying (EVENTUALLY) Melvin Watkins' failure to win despite his character.

gopitt
Morally decadent? I'm saying the guy has a major problem or problems that are fairly obvious to most everyone (except XL & Dan Scott).
I have also said many times it is his right to do as he chooses. Unfortunately it has caused him many problems.
If he does not find employment soon it is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.
XL2Win
gopitt, you live in a dream world or you are seriously impaired in your reading comprehension skills. I've stated innumerable times that BCG is flawed. Unfortunately for you, just not to the extent that you would like to believe.
XL2Win
At least you finally admitted that you had your blinders about him when he was hired and we when he coached here. Like pulling teeth.
Wildcat
AG
WTF is wrong with you two?

Dude has been gone 2 years; we are happy with Turge; BCG is looking for a new gig; why is this even a contentious discussion?

Another 20 posts and I am calling for a grudge **** to put an end to it.
XL2Win
Wildcat, gopitt surfaces on every BCG thread (and contrary to claims that I start them) with a diatribe about what a moral scumbag BCG is along with the coaching image rant.

I have no problem at all with him thinking that but the hypocracy is overwhelming. By his own admission (finally) in this thread, he states that he ignored BCG's well documented drinking issues that surfaced at/immediately following the hire and all of the many "in the bar" stories and worse that were all over TexAgs for years. Now he's on every thread posting about BCG's moral morass followed by the standard moralistic rant. It's not the position that BCG's a moral train wreck ... it's the hypocrisy over the question "where was the outrage" when he was hired and when he coached here. Then he has the audacity to portray me as jilted when I've openly and repeatedly posted that BCG has bigtime personal issues. I don't start the BCG threads and I'm fine if we never see another one but I don't hide from them either.

[This message has been edited by XL2Win (edited 8/8/2009 6:51a).]
gopitt
Wildcat-You are happy with Turge. I am happy with Turge. The guy is a keeper. XL and a few others say the jury is still out. Part of his obsession with being jilted by his boy BCG.
Turge has done a very good job and this program is in good hands.
Dan Scott
AG
I think Coach Turgeob has done a decent job thus far. Nothing special and nothing terrible. This season will tell me everything I need to know about if I think Coach Turgeon can take us to the next level.

I'm one of those that wishes BCG would have stayed but only because I believe we were headed for greatness with him running the show. Coach Turgeon has not yet made me believe we are headed for greatness. Not just yet.
Whitesnake
Serious question for OP:

Are you ever going to wash those jeans again, or is it important to preserve the memory of seeing an unemployed former minor sports celebrity in public?

I'm surprised you didn't follow him into the Men's Room to try for a wiener shot. Oh wait, you did, didn't you?

If only we knew what kind of Ice Cream he buys.
rwtxag83
AG
Whitesnake,

Why are you giving him a hard time? Why do you care? It's his life. It was a big deal to him, and he came on here to share it. Why can't you just be happy that he had a good time and spent a few hours with somebody he really likes?

Jeez.
tamuz93
AG
Great story.
whoop1012
this thread seems to have some relevance today so I thought I would ttt
Diet Cokehead
AG
I love BCG.

Did he speed out of the parking lot that night Shank?
BCG Breath Test
Diggity
AG
we get it nerd
PJYoung
buzzardb267
AG
Looks like next time you will have to meet him at a church social....

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1951017&forum_id=7
mason12
AG
Man GoPitt and XL2win sure did like each other.
WC
Love it!
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

AnalogyAg

Time was when you'd show respect by not detailing the story, but that was a few years back. Now, a celeb gives you the time of day, and more, and you run to the internet to let it all hang out. Interesting read, but not cool at all in my book.

Yeah, I know, I'm an uncool old fart.

I must be an uncool old fart as well. I have stories way less tame than these about BCG, but I do not post em.
ffco
quote:
Man GoPitt and XL2win sure did like each other.

did they ever make nice
bobhoops
AG
First time I've seen this thread
Gator 2 AG
AG
Why is BG living in D-FW area while coaching at Texas Tech?

Never mind it's Lubbock; I know!

Lubbocks wet now so BG wouldn't have to go outside the city limits.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Gator 2 AG read the original date of this thread
themoonpie
remove this stupid post
themoonpie
this is dumb dumb dumb...remove it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.