Hefner

5,312 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Method Man
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was going to put in some stats of our only 3 point shooters (excluding Radford). Basically, if you take a look, Hefner is shooting 41.8% from 3. Taylor and Carter are the only others with measurable 3 pointers and they are 25 and 21% from 3 respectively. Taylor has 87 and 52 attempts respectively, Hefner has 55.

Now you would normally look at that and say WHY is anyone but Hefner even shooting these things? And you'd be very right. In retrospect, even if Hefner just shot 35% or so, we would have been MUCH better off.

You can disrespect the rest of Hefner's game, but I think you would have a hard time at this point of the season saying he needs less, not more, playing time, even with Radford coming back. If you do lessen his minutes, you better keep those fingers very crossed for the stats to revert to.......the norm??

txag72
Method Man
He needs to shot his FTs from the 3 point line.
Redfishag93
Hefner needs to continue getting minutes. Carter needs to get less
jigsaw87
AG
I use to be a pretty big critic of Hefner, but he's improved. He is still a step late on defense and seems to miss the front end of his free throws, but offensively his movement on the court creates more opportunities for everyone.
Method Man
Agreed. He's our third most reliable offensive player with boots and marble out. Not a good place to be.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's a mess when he tries to start dribbling and "attacking" but he could be more effective if he just stuck to being a spot up shooter on offense.
txag72
AG
Nah, at this point we need any sort of non conventional approach we can get.
halfastros81
AG
He's a mixed bag in pretty much all respects but he shouldn't be handling the ball much for sure. Keep hitting 3's at a 40+ % clip and he's going to get playing time tho as he should. Finding a way to do that consistently 5x per game would serve the team well imo.
txag72
AG
I don't know. I absolutely cringe any time I see any of the bigs kicking the ball back out once they have the ball inside, Hefner or otherwise. Just shoot the damn thing inside the arch. And, if Hefner can get it inside, just do it.
jac4
AG
His +/- against FAU was -22 apparently.
rlb28
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

He's a mess when he tries to start dribbling and "attacking" but he could be more effective if he just stuck to being a spot up shooter on offense.

If he wouldn't try to get so deep into the lane. His pump fake is good and he gets around defenders. Hit the 10-12 footer and quit trying to get a layup over big post players. It's getting blocked or he's trying some fancy double-clutch that doesn't go in.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, he's another one, like Garcia, that should have the green light from the midrange if they're open and there's ten or less on the shot clock.

But been saying for a few weeks now that he's at least finally become a reliable shooter. He's finally the player announcers have acted like he was the last two years.
txag72
AG
Quote:

If he wouldn't try to get so deep into the lane.
Along with 6 others.
Johnsy3
AG

1. Happy birthday, Hef
2. Why does coach tweet in Wingdings?
AgEfan
I don't know if you have seen Buzz answer a question, but he is very long winded. Hard for him to fit things in a tweet. He probably gives the guy that runs his twitter account a 8000 word message and says hey Tweet this for me.
Agdad081216
Is Hef 53?
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Know Your Enemy
AG
Nice to see people finally paying attention to the basketball program after 5 years of Buzz.
MarcAg
AG
Agdad081216 said:

Is Hef 53?
No. Buzz puts the number of fouls you committed this year as your age
Agdad081216
Lmao.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Mikeyshooter
AG
Redfishag93 said:

Hefner needs to continue getting minutes. Carter needs to get less

Proposition Joe
MarcAg said:

Agdad081216 said:

Is Hef 53?
No. Buzz puts the number of fouls you committed this year as your age

And if it's over 40 you get a pair of socks.
PJYoung
AG
txag72 said:

Basically, if you take a look, Hefner is shooting 41.8% from 3.
Wow.

After this post Hefner proceeded to shoot 9 of 57 from three for a smooth 16% average.

https://12thman.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/hayden-hefner/12110
txag72
AG
I'll never post a positive post again.
greg.w.h
AG
Ragging on players the coach puts in is passive aggressiveness against the coach:
SWAGBOT
AG
Hef forced everyone to get better because they realized he wasnt going to do anything himself!
Tobias Funke
AG
PJYoung said:

txag72 said:

Basically, if you take a look, Hefner is shooting 41.8% from 3.
Wow.

After this post Hefner proceeded to shoot 9 of 57 from three for a smooth 16% average.

https://12thman.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/hayden-hefner/12110

Good lord
Method Man
Hefner will be here next season. Bricking 3s and stepping on the sidelines. He's an Aggie and he deserves our support!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.