Garcia

5,436 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by TxAg76
Dale Gribble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really wish we could have won that one for him. He's going to be remembered really positively by A&M fans but that shot could have made him an absolute legend if we'd paid it off with a win.
rondis23
AG
We all know what the kid represents. Garcia needs a freaking scholarship, Aggie Basketball award, SOMETHING named after him. He is A&M.
StinkyPinky
AG
Absolute selfless stud! He embodies what an Aggie is IMO
Texas A&M
I thought Buzz had whiffed on him when he transferred in. I was wrong.
sanaug
AG
He was a tremendous asset to the team this season. I hope he stays another year. Would be fun to see if he continues to develop his game next season.
Papa Joe
AG
Is Garcia a senior? Is this his last year?
SolidRockAg
he needs to shoot more 3s next year...he had the best percentage on the team....i know he expends a lot of energy on rebounding but dude can cut and pass....
phatty26
I thought he has a Covid year?
Serious Lee
if SHTF, i want an andy and dexter dennis in my bug out bag
Inca
AG
Andy has the option of coming back next year. His gf is on the softball team and I believe she is a sophomore. Let's hope they stay together and Andy returns next year!
txag72
AG
Quote:

he needs to shoot more 3s next year.
Hell, he needs to shoot more 2's.
frenchtoast
What a cool moment for Andy, even with the loss. We all know he's a stud, but it's nice for him to get the glory of a buzzer beater
AggieDruggist89
AG
Love him the most.

So you're saying he has one more year???
JaceAG12
He is a tough son of a B. That's for sure. I love the player that he's grown into. That shot last night to take it to OT was so perfect and something he will remember the rest of his life.

Can someone confirm if his freshman year is a Covid year? He's played 4 years?
Complete Idiot
My favorite player, love his approach.

My 13 year independently said he was his favorite too, and I loved that.

Hope he comes back to NIL riches.
StinkyPinky
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

he needs to shoot more 3s next year.
Hell, he needs to shoot more 2's.
This, I hated to see his hesitation after offensive rebounds. Would have live to see more confidence to take the shots.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I hope he comes back next year and gets NIL $$$.

He will make money playing after college - hopefully gets a shot with a NBA team that are looking for a rebounding machine that can occasionally score from under the basket and beyond the arc.

Agree that he has a nice looking shot - and, based on what we saw the last 7-8 games, may see both Garcia and Solo developing a reliable three-point shot that goes in at least 1/3 at higher volume of attempts.

Both could also become 75-80% free throw shooters.
Stone44
AG
Dennis Rodman with class and a great attitude. He could play for anyone. One of my all time Aggie favorites.
texAZtea
AG
Inca said:

Andy has the option of coming back next year. His gf is on the softball team and I believe she is a sophomore. Let's hope they stay together and Andy returns next year!
So we need to get his gf some NIL money too to double down on the motivation to stay...
bobinator
AG
I said last offseason he needs to shoot more threes and despite Hop's bizarre Shaq analogy it's still true this offseason. I know it's a small sample size but he was 40% on 4/10 last year and 45% on 9/20 this year.

I know his main contribution is offensively is rebounding, and any shot that Andy takes is a shot that he can't rebound, but on nights that we're struggling to score he needs to be an option.

Especially if we're going to be a small team. If we're going to be running out 6-7 and 6-8 guys at both forward positions, they need to be able to pull bigger guys out of the paint somehow.
DTP02
AG
bobinator said:

I said last offseason he needs to shoot more threes and despite Hop's bizarre Shaq analogy it's still true this offseason. I know it's a small sample size but he was 40% on 4/10 last year and 45% on 9/20 this year.

I know his main contribution is offensively is rebounding, and any shot that Andy takes is a shot that he can't rebound, but on nights that we're struggling to score he needs to be an option.

Especially if we're going to be a small team. If we're going to be running out 6-7 and 6-8 guys at both forward positions, they need to be able to pull bigger guys out of the paint somehow.

Yeah, we won't need to rebound as much if we can pull the other team's bigs out of the paint better, because our drives will go in at a higher percentage.

To me it's clearly a mental thing with Andy. He focuses so much on rebounding, he is so locked in on looking at everything thru that lens, that it takes a couple of beats for him to even consider shooting. We saw this throughout the season even on made 3s, where he'd find himself wide open at the arc and pause… pause… and then finally shoot.

The only three I think he took in rhythm as a catch and shoot all year, outside of the buzzer beater vs UH which was by necessity, was the one he uncharacteristically forced vs Nebraska.
halfastros81
AG
He has eligibility remaining.
Craigy
rondis23 said:

We all know what the kid represents. Garcia needs a freaking scholarship, Aggie Basketball award, SOMETHING named after him. He is A&M.
We was a limited role player with a huge motor and exceptional offensive rebounder. He is a very good player that could find a role on any team. All-time great no.
zgolfz85
AG
I totally forgot he had another year if he wants it. If he develops his offense even just a tad, I think he's a possible NBA role player for his defense and rebounds. Heck, look at tristan thompson's career...he was only 6'9"and I know Andy is a couple of inches shorter, but certainly plays bigger and has the physicality to guard 2-4 and even a small ball 5
PJYoung
AG
He was 9 for 20 on 3s this year. He can shoot but we need his rebounding.
bobinator
AG
PJYoung said:

He was 9 for 20 on 3s this year. He can shoot but we need his rebounding.
We've got all offseason to figure this out. We need Andy to teach his offensive rebounding powers to Solo so that Andy can shoot more threes.

And Solo needs to spend all offseason learning to shoot like a 6-7 shooter. Get that release up high and speed that thing up. He has the weirdest shot form I've ever seen and it's not like it goes in at such a rate that you're worried about screwing anything up with his shooting form.
wendyb
I am afraid another school will come after him with huge NIL money aTm can't match
I hope I am wrong
LB12Diamond
AG
No doubt about. He was also key in us dominating them on the boards.
PJYoung
AG
wendyb said:

I am afraid another school will come after him with huge NIL money aTm can't match
I hope I am wrong

That's how you TexAg!
ArkyAg
He is my favorite Aggie basketball player of all time.
JJxvi
AG
He's no Tomas Ress.
Complete Idiot
ArkyAg said:

He is my favorite Aggie basketball player of all time.

So how great was it when it was HIM that hit that end of regulation 3?

I loved it
NumeroUno
AG
Hope he is back next year. What he does with rebounding is an art. Really like watching him work!
94chem
Boots and Garcia are the two best rebounder, pound for pound, that I've ever seen at the college level, and we had them on the floor together.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Complete Idiot
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.