Wade - NBA or not????

2,452 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by czar_iv
dcg4403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, overall I feel Wade digressed this year. Disappointing for our original preseason goals but the Marble departure was immensely impactful.

But I see some good in Wade's degradation. Seems he has to come back for one more year of eligibility under Buzz. He has so much work to do in order to become a solid NBA player. Namely, his freaking decision making as kid is severe ADHD out there at times. He often lets his emotions drive his game time decisions. This is a glaring weakness in his play with immense upside still.

Hope he doesnt listen to outsiders informing him to go pro. Then he spends his career in Europe.....and D league for sure.

Wade? We love you but be smart....get another year of experience.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I don't really see it. He's short, not very quick, streaky shooter.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE him to come back next year; he's a baller at the college level. But I don't really see NBA.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Love the kid but he's too small.
texasaggie2015
AG
Not a chance.
halfastros81
AG
Pretty sure he'll be back next year.
PatAg
AG
There are countless examples of players that are good/great college players and their game just doesnt translate to the NBA.
That doesnt make them suddenly bad players, or bad college players. It just is what it is.
Wade has struggled with bigger guards his entire time here, most of his 'off' performances happen against those teams.
I think he comes back for another year, and then goes to play in Europe if he wants play professionally.
zgolfz85
AG
He needs another year to develop true NBA skills. I don't think he's too small, but definitely needs to develop some more strength and most importantly, needs to show he can be a floor general when his shot is not falling. He's shown flashes of it, but last night was a perfect example. He was ice cold from the field until we got near the end of regulation. He could've really transitioned to a drive the lane and pass out mentality, but he just didn't. He kept trying to shoot out of it instead of being a decoy and getting others scoring. He's a pretty good defender, but he can develop a bit more there too.
MarcAg
AG
There are only 6 NBA players under 6 feet tall this season.
StinkyPinky
AG
No, I'd imagine he'll play professionally overseas if he choses to. I could see him going to Europe or Australia to play.
Rocinante
Solo and Obasaki both have a better shot of making an nba appearance than wade. Not that they are better players than him- they aren't- but they have the physical characteristics to grow into.

It's hard to find a comp for Wade Taylor in the nba today.
PatAg
AG
zgolfz85 said:

He needs another year to develop true NBA skills. I don't think he's too small, but definitely needs to develop some more strength and most importantly, needs to show he can be a floor general when his shot is not falling. He's shown flashes of it, but last night was a perfect example. He was ice cold from the field until we got near the end of regulation. He could've really transitioned to a drive the lane and pass out mentality, but he just didn't. He kept trying to shoot out of it instead of being a decoy and getting others scoring. He's a pretty good defender, but he can develop a bit more there too.
He did still run the offense last night, and just by being on the floor he drew the top defender at all times which that alone makes it easier for Boots and Manny.
Part of the problem with your solution is that the bigger guards dont just shut his shooting down, they stop his dribble driving as well.
Also, our offense doesnt really have "drive and kick out for a shot" in it this year. Its drive, put it up, and crash the boards. Now I would agree that Buzz should have developed this aspect of the offense specifically to counter teams that could hamper Wade and others off the drive, but he didnt.
beatlesphan
AG
Andy's got a shot too. Particularly if he expands his spot up 3 pt ability
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
AG
PatAg said:

zgolfz85 said:

He did still run the offense last night, and just by being on the floor he drew the top defender at all times which that alone makes it easier for Boots and Manny.
Part of the problem with your solution is that the bigger guards dont just shut his shooting down, they stop his dribble driving as well.
Also, our offense doesnt really have "drive and kick out for a shot" in it this year. Its drive, put it up, and crash the boards. Now I would agree that Buzz should have developed this aspect of the offense specifically to counter teams that could hamper Wade and others off the drive, but he didnt.
I don't disagree there and I think that's a large reason for why Jace never really got confident. He should've been the guy for getting the drive and kick out and to a secondary extent Boots and Manny. Our 3 guards having that regular threat for a kick out could've made a world of difference once Manny came on. Until then, it was the Boots and Wade show for offense, because it had to be. Jace could've been an elite catch and shoot guy for us, but his chances were too few and far between to get the shooting rhythm necessary to get the high confidence level game to game.
Rocinante
zgolfz85 said:

Pretty good defender?
Muy
AG
Digressed? He made 1st Team All SEC
greg.w.h
AG
Wade can work hard and see. But he probably should return for his senior season and take advantage of quite a bit of name recognition he is developing plus the opportunity to lead the team deeper.
DE4D
AG
Even another year probably won't get him to NBA, unless he wants to start for the Moscow Mules he should play another year here
czar_iv
AG
Rocinante said:

Solo and Obasaki both have a better shot of making an nba appearance than wade. Not that they are better players than him- they aren't- but they have the physical characteristics to grow into.

It's hard to find a comp for Wade Taylor in the nba today.
What about Tim Hardaway? For some reason I always think of Hardaway when I see Wade play. Not sure if he is a player in today's NBA though
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
NoahAg
Hardaway is like 6'5" and a lot better at every aspect of the game. So I don't really see it.

Not sure what Wade has to gain by playing another year. Maybe get slightly more notice with overseas teams?
Love to have him back tho.
Zachary Klement
AG
He's listed as six foot, but I don't really buy that...CP3, FVV, Kyle Lowry, Jose Alvarado, and Davion Mitchell are all six feet tall and have been good to HOF-type players in the NBA currently.

This year, the guys under six foot are Markquis Nowell, Jacob Gilyard, Kennedy Chandler, Keifer Skyes, Jordan Walker, and McKinley Wright IV...no one that is really good or contributing at all.
SWAGBOT
AG
None of our current guys are NBA caliber. I wouldnt be surprised if Boots got to join a team for Summer League and then tried his luck in the G League. At the very least he'll sign with a squad in Europe.

Wade loves Buzz. I'm sure he'll be back next year.
Inca
AG
NoahAg said:

Hardaway is like 6'5" and a lot better at every aspect of the game. So I don't really see it.

Not sure what Wade has to gain by playing another year. Maybe get slightly more notice with overseas teams?

Pretty sure he meant Tim Hardaway Sr who was 6'. But he was also built much differently than Wade. Wade is slender. Boots is undersized/average in height but really strong. That's the way Tim Hardaway was too.
zgolfz85
AG
Inca said:

NoahAg said:

Pretty sure he meant Tim Hardaway Sr who was 6'. But he was also built much differently than Wade. Wade is slender. Boots is undersized/average in height but really strong. That's the way Tim Hardaway was too.
yep not THJ

the real Tim Hardaway had a much more physical game, but was actually just 175 at playing weight (same as Wade). Wade's size doesn't bother me -- he just needs to learn how to slow it down when he gets crazy
bigdog1
Not a chance. No good against a good defender. No defense. Turnover machine.
czar_iv
AG
Inca said:

NoahAg said:

Yes I was referring to Tim Hardaway Sr who was 6' at the most. He just has effective as shooting the 3 as penetrating and getting to the rim which is very similar to Wade.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.