Initial basketball portal rankings 2024

1,505 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More than 650 players have entered the portal since May 18.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/longformarticle/college-basketball-transfer-portal-rankings-top-college-basketball-transfers-maxime-raynaud-cliff-omoruyi-kanaan-carlyle-andrej-stojakovic-brandon-garrison-dug-mcdaniel-229264717/#2393723

ds00
Hard to know where to start
sanaug
AG
Wow, now I see why Buzz was talking about having to go ahead and get started working the portal even while the tournament was in progress.
TxAg76
AG
I'm wondering if BCG's health may never let him back into a HC role?
If so, let JJones take over at Tarleton?

And then hire BCG in recruiting and talent evaluation?
Certainly knows the kind of player we'd need.
rlb28
AG
TxAg76 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39663362/tarleton-state-men-basketball-coach-billy-gillispie-finalizing-2-year-extension

Quote:

Billy Gillispie is finalizing a two-year deal to remain the men's basketball coach at Tarleton State, sources told ESPN.

The deal still requires board approval.

Gillispie, who has been the coach at Tarleton State since 2020-21, has not coached since Nov. 14 due to what the school referred to as "medical circumstances."

He has been medically cleared to return since Feb. 1, but has chosen to stay off the sidelines during games out of respect for acting coach Joseph Jones. Gillispie, 64, has been involved with the program behind the scenes in an advisory role, which he'll remain in for the rest of the season.

TxAg76
AG
rlb28 said:

TxAg76 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39663362/tarleton-state-men-basketball-coach-billy-gillispie-finalizing-2-year-extension

Quote:

Billy Gillispie is finalizing a two-year deal to remain the men's basketball coach at Tarleton State, sources told ESPN.

The deal still requires board approval.

Gillispie, who has been the coach at Tarleton State since 2020-21, has not coached since Nov. 14 due to what the school referred to as "medical circumstances."

He has been medically cleared to return since Feb. 1, but has chosen to stay off the sidelines during games out of respect for acting coach Joseph Jones. Gillispie, 64, has been involved with the program behind the scenes in an advisory role, which he'll remain in for the rest of the season.

Right on, and good for him and better health
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico - so follow the local team , and just saw Jamal Mashburn Jr., a graduating senior who was a three-year starter for the Lobos and has one year of eligibility left, put his name in the transfer portal. He averaged over 14 points per game this year and, while only 31.7% on three-point shooting this year, was 38.2% as a junior and 34.2% as a sophomore.

The Lobo we SHOULD try to the poach is the Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year, JT Toppin, 6'9" Power Forward from Dallas - who was the Texas 4A High School POTY last year.

For the UNM Lobos, he was a double double machine, averaging 12.4 points per game on 62.3% shooting and 9.1 rebounds per game over this (his freshman) season against excellent competition.

I should note that Toppin has NOT placed his name in the portal, but perhaps with the right inducement ($$$) might want to come to College Station to potentially replace Marble (if he doesn't come back next year) and develop into our Henry Coleman replacement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.