2024 Transfer Portal News Thread

7,807 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by EliteZags
TopoTacos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's scheduled to also visit Austin, but they just added 3 transfers so that space may be filling up. Pope would be a solid addition, shot 37% from deep on 5 attempts/game and was 86% from the line.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Will we get a commit by Friday?

I'm starting to get concerned.

Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I feel the same way.

Seems like we are not getting many to even visit the Ags.

I am also concerned about our 2025 recruiting - with no news on that front.

The loss of the Boston College transfer guard to Mississippi State was a tough one to swallow after watching the highlights that someone posted.
LawHall88
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
LawHall88 said:

Good luck to him.

Might this indicate "good news" on the "incoming Portal Transfer guard" front... i.e. Pope?
LawHall88
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

LawHall88 said:

Good luck to him.

Might this indicate "good news" on the "incoming Portal Transfer guard" front... i.e. Pope?
This opens up a scholarship to use on somebody, we'll see who it is.

I'm not confident we'll get Pope, but hope I'm wrong.
LawHall88
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Breaks my heart.
The Marksman
AG
Well, let's go get Oweh then
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
The Marksman said:

Well, let's go get Oweh then

YES.

Back on the college basketball version of "Match.com"!

Looks like Oweh did visit us yesterday!

Could THAT be what made Lindsay jump into the transfer portal today???
aggiecjtj
Considering the two recent transfer commits combined with yesterdays two outgoing announcements, do the Ags still have two roster spots open?
LawHall88
AG
aggiecjtj said:

Considering the two recent transfer commits combined with yesterdays two outgoing announcements, do the Ags still have two roster spots open?

One scholarship spot is open currently.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Gotta get this kid! From Dallas where he was Texas High School 4A POTY last year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40056801/new-mexico-frosh-jt-toppin-enters-transfer-portal
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Hop said:

I know a few threads have already started, but several of you have asked for an official pinned three to useā€¦so here you go.

HOP - please contact Buzz and strongly suggest that he fly out to Albuquerque today to meet this kid. I'll take the day off and buy both of them lunch. :-)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40056801/new-mexico-frosh-jt-toppin-enters-transfer-portal
aggiez03
AG
From the ESPN article...

Arkansas now has 5 scholarship players, up from ZERO when Calipari was hired.

Quote:

Tennessee's Jonas Aidoo was one of the best big men in the SEC this past season, earning second-team all-conference honors after starting 36 games and averaging 11.4 points and 7.3 rebounds. He entered the portal a couple weeks ago and but the Razorbacks brought him on campus this past weekend and closed the deal.

Outlook: John Calipari now has five players on his Arkansas roster, with Aidoo joining Zvonimir Ivisic, Boogie Fland, Karter Knox and Billy Richmond. Aidoo is the first player who wasn't already at or lined up to go to Kentucky. He'll start immediately in Fayetteville, regardless of who else the Razorbacks sign. Baylor and North Carolina had also pursued Aidoo and they'll now have to look elsewhere for their big man.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39945519/2024-25-ncaa-mens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-tracker-updates-visits-commitments
EliteZags
AG
They have 3 quality transfers plus 3 blue chips
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.