Calipari to Arkansas

17,486 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by greg.w.h
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hop said:

frenchtoast said:

Do me next, Hop!

You must be more condescending to get the treatment.

Hey, Hop, how do you envision the dominoes falling re: the cascade of potential coaching changes? Top 3 for UK's job?

I think Oats would kill it there. He's done well at Bama, who doesn't even care about BB.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
rangerdanger
AG
Hot take: Drew is tired of playing second fiddle to Chip and Joanna and high tails it to Kentucky where he can be the undisputed king.
missinAggieland
AG
Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

45-70Ag said:

If I'm Scott drew, no way I touch that job. He's got a good thing. Going at Baylor, recruits well, nice facilities, good team in a tough conference and is well liked.

Kentucky is where you go to get chewed up and spit out.

He's been at Baylor for 20 years and won a national title. He's financially set for life, and realistically he's going to coach another 10 years (I think Hop said at age 65 you're washed up? )

If there was actually a perfect time to take that job, I'd say it would be now.

And I think our allegiance to BCG has led us to have a viewpoint on Kentucky that's not really reflected by their history.

Calipari was there for 15 years.
Tubby Smith for 10.
Pitino for 8.
Hall for 13.
Rupp for half a century.

Sutton left due to a scandal.

So actually in the last 100 years of Kentucky Basketball coaches, Billy Gillispie is the only guy that you could actually say got "chewed up and spit out".

You are brutal. You are the one that pushed this washed up narrative when you contradicted yourself. Calipari under-performed with the greatest college basketball brand with infinite resources and the best talent. Over the last three seasons, he has performed at the same level of a coach you've been begging for three months to be fired at A&M. Yet, you think he's a great coach who will resurrect himself in Fayetteville.

He's been a good collector of talent, but he has not shown to be a good coach in this portal era.

Arkansas very well may have just signed the basketball equivalent Jimbo-deal.

Many have pointed to it. But unless Calipari is willing to change his approach, it will be the same if not worse at Arkansas. They took a big risk in hiring someone who has been less than impressive in the last 5 years.
Aggie Therapist
AG
He's no Kelvin Sampson but…
sincereag
Cal has no choice but to change his approach at Arkansas. He literally has no players left on their roster.
Hop
Staff
AG
zooguy96 said:

Hop said:

frenchtoast said:

Do me next, Hop!

You must be more condescending to get the treatment.

Hey, Hop, how do you envision the dominoes falling re: the cascade of potential coaching changes? Top 3 for UK's job?

I think Oats would kill it there. He's done well at Bama, who doesn't even care about BB.

If you follow UK media, it appears they wanted Hurley, Donovan, and Oats. All three have publicly said they were staying put after the rumors started. The buzz out there tonight is they've offered Scott Drew…and he has not refuted those reports publicly.
Sq 17
Kentucky Basketball like tu football can't just hire whoever they want anymore
Iowaggie
AG
This is the big name that got Cal to Kentucky.

They lured him there with partial ownership, free t-shirts and free moving blankets.

Bunk Moreland

Terk
DeangeloVickers
AG
The Collective
AG
Yes!
BudFox7
Does hop work for Texags? If so, incredible they allow an employee to get on here and be an ass. Dude is insufferably arrogant.
Hop
Staff
AG
BudFox7 said:

Does hop work for Texags? If so, incredible they allow an employee to get on here and be an ass. Dude is insufferably arrogant.

I'm gonna make you rich, Bud Fox.

As to your comments, I can be arrogant to condescending posters who come after me, which most people on here tend to do when they are in that situation. Just because I'm staff doesn't mean I'm expected to take cheap shots from other posters. I'm an Aggie and a human with emotions just like the rest of you. I usually adhere to the Golden Rule.
Rest in by peace, Stemp
bobinator
AG
I'm sad I missed all of this.
scd88
AG
BudFox7 said:

Hop has also taken way more unprovoked **** from posters than any other staff member.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BudFox7 said:

Apparently you've never been exposed to Billy Liucci's posts.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

I'm sad I missed all of this.

Do you ever work?
SeattleAg05
AG
Geeze, I missed the alert! Here for the fireworks. Can we start over? lol.

I appreciate what you do Hop. Love the basketball content
bobinator
AG
I WAS working for once, that's why I missed it!
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

I WAS working for once, that's why I missed it!

Damn, tough job that you have to occasionally work…but certainly not all the time base on your mid-day posting activity here…but grateful for my business that you are so more power to you.
greg.w.h
AG
I had to take a week off from work to recover from a partial colectomy I had at the end of March this week. I thought I would die of boredom and it's only Thursday!!! (All went well…feeling pretty good after usual discomfort.)

Public notice: 45 is the new 50 for getting your colonoscopy especially if you have risk factors. I missed by about six months getting my ten year second colonoscopy. The tumor was mostly non-symptomatic. But caught it before detectable spread. Still have a visit with an oncologist next week.

Things most of us don't want to think about…
SeattleAg05
AG
Wow, glad you caught it and sorry you're having to deal with that. Appreciate the SA. I'm busy trying not to acknowledge that I'm not 22 any more.
greg.w.h
AG
SeattleAg05 said:

Wow, glad you caught it and sorry you're having to deal with that. Appreciate the SA. I'm busy trying not to acknowledge that I'm not 22 any more.
Thanks. Had a cousin about 6 years younger die because he didn't catch an abdominal tumor in time same time I was being diagnosed. Damn shame.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.