Did Boilers Makers Tank - UCON covers 6.5

1,390 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by AustinAggie87
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spread -6.5
Edey was at times awful
No 3 point shooting
Airball from the free throw line by a guy 7.4
TexasAGGIEinAR
Purdue got the absolute hell beat outta them. Covering a spread with close to 10 points to spare doesn't even sniff a tanking. They just got abused by a better team.

And Edey was awful at times?! He had 37 & 10, shot 60% from the field and 70% from the line. I'd probably airball a FT too if I had to score 62% of my teams points.

You must've lost a lot of money on this one and looking for answers.
carl spacklers hat
WHY would Purdue tank the national championship game?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Aston04
AG
NowhereMan said:

Spread -6.5
Edey was at times awful
No 3 point shooting
Airball from the free throw line by a guy 7.4

Edey also airballed a free throw the previous game.
Sq 17
People have said basketball in a football stadium can affect depth perception leading to an occasional airball
TopoTacos
AG
Purdue lost in large part because UConn could reasonably match Edey with single coverage. Clingan was big enough and talented enough to not need a double team, which in turn didn't give Purdue the wide open perimeter threes they've seen all season.

UConn has won two straight NCAA tourneys with every game a double digit victory, anyone thinking Purdue was going to easily cover a 6.5 handicap hasn't been paying attention.

All that said, Edey STILL had a great argument to be named tournament Most Outstanding Player, he was every bit the two-time Naismith winner.
Tobias Funke
AG
OP just continues to put his astoundingly low basketball IQ on display
Rocinante
You know one team or the other doesn't cover every game right?
Divining Rod
my prediction was UCONN by 15, and thats what they won by. went just about like i thought it would.

Purdue hasnt played many (any?) games against an almost equal big man, and UCONN's others starters are much more versatile amd explosive. i figured it would be. a slow grind towards dominance. that it was.
JJxvi
AG
They scored more than 51 points, which as everyone knows, is a hard and fast benchmark that can tell you about a team and any opponents theyve beaten.
frenchtoast
Divining Rod said:

my prediction was UCONN by 15, and thats what they won by. went just about like i thought it would.

Purdue hasnt played many (any?) games against an almost equal big man, and UCONN's others starters are much more versatile amd explosive. i figured it would be. a slow grind towards dominance. that it was.

That was my prediction too
AustinAggie87
AG
UConn was 12-0 ATS in last two NCAAs

Did all opponents tank?

Probably not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.