Rattlin' Bog

2,580 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Oscar Diggs
threeanout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remind me when this song became so popular at Olsen? I friggin' love it.
cj774
AG
This year. A few weekends ago?
tamc93
AG
Started Vanderbilt weekend.

There is an interview with Schott and Tubby about it and Schloss mentioned in the post games.
ag0207
AG
threeanout said:

You want me to make you hate it? Do you? Well here you go:

20ag07
2 weeks ago.
Quote:

Schloss: "That's one of those things when you're 54 years old, you just let em do what they want to do. That wasn't my idea. Jace and Schott came with that. I didn't even know what the song was. And my son said "uhhhhhhh" .He knew about it. But I'll just let them have their fun."

(All while seeming mildly annoyed at both the song becoming a thing, and having to answer a question about it.)
greg.w.h
AG
ag0207 said:

threeanout said:

You want me to make you hate it? Do you? Well here you go:

You're welcome!!!
travis.shepard
AG
I believe it started DURING the south carolina weekend, when we were playing there. They play it over the speaker at a certain time of the game, only once per game. Schott fell in love, he + Jace asked Schloss before Vandy series if they could play it, Schloss gave the gig 'em, and they went upstairs and set it up with the man in the box.

Now we all love the Rattlin' Bog
20ag07
Quote:

Schloss gave the gig 'em
Lol this is not how this went down. Schloss did not give any gig ems.

Schloss rolled his eyes, and said whatever makes you children happy, as long as we keep winning.

And then we kept on winning.
Duck Blind
AG
Amazing how it took off so quickly. Now all of Olsen is clapping to it, dancing, 203 is signing it, and us Olds have it on constant loop in our heads for 3 days after the games are overā€¦mine with the wrong words.
histag10
AG
It plays in my head constantly now, though this is the (drunken) version I hear in my head

trouble
AG
I love this version.

I keep singing it tapping it out on things and Mr trouble just laughs at me.
threeanout
AG
That made my night.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I can keep up trying to sing it until the line after egg in the bird speed wise then the last lines start to sound like gobblygook.
Turf96
Now you getting the wee bit a Irish in ya. Lol they speak English but half the time you have no clue what they just said. Those and the Scott's. Need an all English translator.
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

It plays in my head constantly now, though this is the (drunken) version I hear in my head

That song is the ultimate Irish sobriety test

As a theatre teacher and director I've also used it as a vocal warmup and it's so fun with the students
Oscar Diggs
AG
histag10 said:

This is the version playing in my head and occasionally singing out loud. I have noticed that singing Rattlin in falsetto using an irish accent tends to frighten people in the grocery aisles except the beer aisle where they just dance along.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.