Arky lost 2 of 3 on road too

3,857 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Agryan00
Ag8086
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arky Lost 2 at Kentucky. Hard to win 2 or more on road in SEC against good teams. LSU down some but still good.
ChemEng94
AG
Winning on the road in the SEC is tough. And it is not like we got blown out in the 2 losses. It would have been nice to win the series, but LSU has good starting pitching. Since we got the critical win today, the weekend was a disappointment, but not a disaster.
Randy Rhodes
The team needed to face this adversity

They will be ready for @Ole Miss next weekend and then Arkansas
The Marksman
AG
No shame in this series loss at all, Ags are still comfortably a national seed
Justice Beaver
AG
Kentucky >>> LSU
wangus12
AG
I'll be interested to see what the rankings do. Arky lost their series to Kentucky. We lost our series to an unranked LSU. Tennessee won their series against Florida.

I see us dropping to 3rd.
TexAg91
AG
wangus12 said:

I'll be interested to see what the rankings do. Army lost their series to Kentucky. We lost our series to an unranked LSU. Tennessee won their series against Florida.

And Tennessee lost at home to RPI 210 Lipscomb on Tuesday.
W
AG
one impact of both A&M and Arkansas dropping series this weekend...

it puts the loser of the A&M-Arkansas series at risk of losing top 8 lock status

should the committee determine that five non-SEC teams are worthy of a national seed
twk
AG
Justice Beaver said:

Kentucky >>> LSU
In a 3 game series, definitely. If they are just playing one game, that's a bit different. LSU has two good starters, and one reliable guy in the pen. Once they get past that, they are very beatable, but you have to get past those guys first.
jkag89
W said:

it puts the loser of the A&M-Arkansas series at risk of losing top 8 lock status

should the committee determine that five non-SEC teams are worthy of a national seed
That's a big if as long both take care of business outside of this series (and avoid the brooms within it). What five teams do you believe have a realistic shot of overtaking any of the SEC teams that are currently penciled in the Top 8?
twk
AG
W said:

I don't think that's likely. We would probably both have to lose our respective series this weekend. There is no quota, and if you listen to the D1 podcast, filling out 5-8 has been pretty tough.
Killzone3abc
AG
Clemson
UT
UK
Arky
A&M
SchizoAg
AG
RPI still has A&M at #1, albeit by a smaller margin.
LB12Diamond
AG
Nah

Hogs and Ags will both be National seeds.
W
AG
it depends what the committee thinks of the other leagues

by the way...somehow the SEC doesn't have a rep or AD on the committee this year

not sure how that happened

the Coastal A.D. is the chairman

W
AG
by the way part 2...

Florida State's A.D. is on the committee

and so is East Carolina's A.D.

pencil them in for two top 8 seeds

Kansas State's associate A.D. is the Big 12 rep
Sharpshooter
AG
W said:

by the way part 2...

So, tu in?
Aggies2009
AG
SchizoAg said:

RPI still has A&M at #1, albeit by a smaller margin.

We were #5 RPI in 2015. ****ing Hyman.
Agryan00
Clemson lost to GT as well. Tenn probably bumps to 1 but they only have wins against UK and GA. Have not really played anyone but they have Vandy and SC coming.

Tenn
A&M
Arky
Clemson
E Carolina
twk
AG
Sharpshooter said:

W said:

by the way part 2...

So, tu in?
They are 50 in the RPI, but second in the Big XII. If we get them as a two, that means we should avoid having anyone in the top 40 in our regional.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Tennessee lost to Lipscomb this week… their 2-2 isn't much, if any, better than ours.
W
AG
hold on, apparently Florida's A.D. was added to the committee last week

according to D1

so the SEC does have a rep
wangus12
AG
TexAg91 said:

wangus12 said:

I'll be interested to see what the rankings do. Army lost their series to Kentucky. We lost our series to an unranked LSU. Tennessee won their series against Florida.

And Tennessee lost at home to RPI 210 Lipscomb on Tuesday.

Woops I missed that
bigdaddygriffin
All of the above is true, it was good to see adversity now, our team has honestly not had much this year. However, I still have concerns about our bullpen for a CWS serious run... Just my humble opinion
twk
AG
bigdaddygriffin said:

All of the above is true, it was good to see adversity now, our team has honestly not had much this year. However, I still have concerns about our bullpen for a CWS serious run... Just my humble opinion
The problem is not the bullpen; it's the starting pitching. We have enough in the bullpen if we get quality starts. When you need six or seven innings from the pen, you are asking for a lot.
Capitol Ag
AG
Justice Beaver said:

Kentucky >>> LSU

Feel better?
dixichkn
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Justice Beaver said:

Kentucky >>> LSU

Feel better?
For being right? Yeah probably
Baron de Bastrop
AG
So the top 3 RPI teams in the country from the SEC all went 2-2 this week. This week's poll gonna be a a bunched up guess of a mess.
OKCAGS
The top 5 teams are all really good . We have the best overall #'s and have had TWO - 2-2 weeks this season . Every other week has been 3-1 or 4-0 .
Sean98
AG
Justice Beaver said:

Kentucky >>> LSU
I mean I think this is right but I really can't be sure. Kentucky feasted on the bottom of the conference and swept Georgia in the first series of the year. They also lost a series to Kennesaw State. They did a lot of damage vs Aubie, Mizzou, Ole Miss, etc., the same teams that LSU has beaten recently. In the meat of their schedule the last 3 weeks they're 4-5.
Sq 17
If I am doing the math correctly ,
Ags got 7 games plus Hoover
If we have a winning record over that stretch including at least one win over pig I think we are lock for a national seed
If The Ags go 3-5 and we will be in position that the committee could give us the 9 seed

Agryan00
Sq 17 said:

If I am doing the math correctly ,
Ags got 7 games plus Hoover
If we have a winning record over that stretch including at least one win over pig I think we are lock for a national seed
If The Ags go 3-5 and we will be in position that the committee could give us the 9 seed

Clemson, Florida State, Kentucky, and North Carolina would all have to sweep the remainder of their season to catch us if we go 3-5. So I am not sure this holds.
Agryan00
W said:

hold on, apparently Florida's A.D. was added to the committee last week

according to D1

so the SEC does have a rep
Since we lost to them in Florida does this help with our committee status?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.