Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,239,065 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tamc91
JB!98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reveille said:

JB!98 said:

Thank you Doc. Should she and I still isolate from each other?

No probably won't matter since you are both already infected
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Bighunter43
AG
Doc.....I'm a teacher (56)....just got Covid for the first time...it's spreading like wildfire in our school....did I read that right on your page that if positive, take 50,000 of Vitamin D3? I mean, the little pills are 2,000 each? Thanks for all you do!!
Reveille
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Doc.....I'm a teacher (56)....just got Covid for the first time...it's spreading like wildfire in our school....did I read that right on your page that if positive, take 50,000 of Vitamin D3? I mean, the little pills are 2,000 each? Thanks for all you do!!

Take at least 10,000iu per day while you are sick. Get pills that are more per pill. I prescribe the 50,000IU pill for patients. Have them take 1 today then another in 3 days. Then once per week after that.

Vitamin D is important and a large percent of the population is vitamin D deficient.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bighunter43
AG
Reveille said:

Bighunter43 said:

Take at least 10,000iu per day while you are sick. Get pills that are more per pill. I prescribe the 50,000IU pill for patients. Have them take 1 today then another in 3 days. Then once per week after that.

Vitamin D is important and a large percent of the population is vitamin D deficient.

Ok thank you!!
Granitestate
Doc:

Firstly I want to say thank you for everything you do and for sharing information here. People just don't say thank you enough anymore.

All the bloodwork and EKG came back normal so that is good. Cambridge ER doc suggested halter monitor and called their GP to tell them the recommendation. My (college age) kid called and they scheduled a telehealth interview in late February. I am trying to see if my cardiologist friends at Tufts could see them sooner.

I checked with cardiologist in the granite state who surprisingly said same thing as RI ER nurse, that they are seeing this increase in 20 something year old females with these symptoms, but can rule out cardiac event. It is almost like a panic attack that kicks the adrenal gland into super high gear and it can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to upwards of 12 hours to subside. Several elder females I checked with are experiencing less severe but similar symptoms.

It is easy to attribute this to psychological concerns over the pandemic and life in general, which most docs seem to be doing. That is easy. The harder part is to see if there is any correlation because reporting here in the US is not a requirement beyond the initial vaccine. My colleagues in CA, where there is better reporting, are looking into this. I will keep you updated.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Our 6 month old baby tested +. Is there anything we can be doing for him? Also he is wheezing while breathing. When he coughs, it sounds weird. Do we need to be worried about croup?
Coates
Croup they usually sound like a seal. Any fever?

I'd call your doctor or nurse line about the wheezing, does breathing look difficult?
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Coates said:

Croup they usually sound like a seal. Any fever?

I'd call your doctor or nurse line about the wheezing, does breathing look difficult?

Breathing doesn't look difficult, just sounds very wheezy. When he yawned it was like he lost his voice. Coughing sounds kinda like a bark.
Coates
Our kid had croup at 5 or 6 months, cough sounded like a seal bark. He was a couple months early so doctors wanted to keep him on a breathing treatment at the hospital a couple nights.

I think we did a humidifier in his room that seemed to help some.
Reveille
AG
JimbosHatBarelyFits said:

Our 6 month old baby tested +. Is there anything we can be doing for him? Also he is wheezing while breathing. When he coughs, it sounds weird. Do we need to be worried about croup?

Yes I would have checked for croup!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieDawg12
S
Hey Doc. My son (7) tested positive today. Anything you suggest other than just Motrin and Tylenol? Along with fluids?

Is it really suggested to take 25 2,000 iU vit d pills?
Reveille
AG
AggieDawg12 said:

Hey Doc. My son (7) tested positive today. Anything you suggest other than just Motrin and Tylenol? Along with fluids?

Is it really suggested to take 25 2,000 iU vit d pills?
Not at his age a flintstones multivitamin should be fine.
AggieDawg12
S
Thank you, Doc! Fever broke and seems to be doing well. Just been giving him fluids and vitamins.
Reveille
AG
Newest update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/3260138700935731/?sfnsn=mo
AgLA06
AG
Weird. It seems Facebook is requiring one to log in to read your post.
FlyRod
Doc,

I have been curious about the possible role of anti-inflammatory supplements since more and more data highlight the inflammatory effect of Covid, and the virus's role in long Covid. Do you feel any additional supplements other than your original list should be considered?
dunlay
AG
Doc,
Any info out there on "long Covid" that gives an indication on just how 'long' it will last, and whether the effects are permanent? Got some symptoms that fall in line with the articles discussing long Covid (brain fog/memory/concentration/headache), and just looking to see what could be the outlook. THX
"Democracy: 2 wolves and 1 sheep deciding one what to have for supper. Liberty: 2 wolves set on supper, and finding 1 well armed sheep."
Reveille
AG
FlyRod said:

Doc,

I have been curious about the possible role of anti-inflammatory supplements since more and more data highlight the inflammatory effect of Covid, and the virus's role in long Covid. Do you feel any additional supplements other than your original list should be considered?
I am sure there are likely to be other supplements that will be found to be helpful. I just haven't found any yet.
Reveille
AG
dunlay said:

Doc,
Any info out there on "long Covid" that gives an indication on just how 'long' it will last, and whether the effects are permanent? Got some symptoms that fall in line with the articles discussing long Covid (brain fog/memory/concentration/headache), and just looking to see what could be the outlook. THX
For the majority the effects will be temporary. However, I have seen a few patients that are still having symptoms almost a year and half later. So unfortunately it is likely there effects at this point will be permanent!
Reveille
AG
Today's update!

https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/3298278620455072/
tamc91
AG
Rev - it's been a while and I know many other Ags appreciated your level headed approch to pro-active pretreatment for the virus.

My family if 4 is still in that decreasing pool that has never had COVID (that we know of).. With 2 in college, a private music teacher, and someone who was in the office 80% of the time, this seems rare. We're also not overly cautious. I've had friends who have had it 2-3 times.

Are there any studies going on that you're aware of to figure out why some are prone to get it and others seem impervious? It seems a combo of blood type, vitamins, and other facfors contribute, but this far into the pandemic it seems we could get some good info on the risk factors.
First Page Refresh
Page 105 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.