First Timer Here.

3,264 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CrystalLakeAgbu
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Came down with Covid last Monday. Wife forced me to doc on Tuesday where tested positive and doc gave me Paxlovid. Immediately started feeling better Wednesday morning and fever/aches gone by that afternoon. I can NOT kick the exhaustion however. Any guidance on quickest way to get back to "normal"? Thanks.
jetch17
AG
Rest and treat it like any other time youve ever been sick in your life until you feel better.
FlyRod
Absolutely, rest rest rest, as "pushing it" is a major factor in long Covid.
Woods Ag
AG
My buddy got it twice and never missed a CrossFit workout.

Turned out fine.
WoMD
The exhaustion lasted well past the rest of the symptoms. No magic fix. Rest is the key to letting your body get over it until it's no longer an issue, which is literally the best way to get over every disease in the history of humanity. Not sure why this is even a question at this point.
TheMasterplan
WoMD said:

The exhaustion lasted well past the rest of the symptoms. No magic fix. Rest is the key to letting your body get over it until it's no longer an issue, which is literally the best way to get over every disease in the history of humanity. Not sure why this is even a question at this point.
Cheers for this btw - took me 3-4 weeks the first time. I took a big nap one afternoon a couple days ago after about 10 days into my 2nd time and immediately felt improvement. Just gotta keep resting, taking it easy. etc. to get over the tiredness.

Seems like the ones that "get over it quick" are the ones that have bad fever, bad chills, bad cough and lose taste/smell.
agcrock2005
AG
TheMasterplan said:

WoMD said:

Cheers for this btw - took me 3-4 weeks the first time. I took a big nap one afternoon a couple days ago after about 10 days into my 2nd time and immediately felt improvement. Just gotta keep resting, taking it easy. etc. to get over the tiredness.

Seems like the ones that "get over it quick" are the ones that have bad fever, bad chills, bad cough and lose taste/smell.
This is interesting. I'm "over it" now thankfully, but it was a rough go of it. I had bad fever for one day, and night sweats for a couple nights but that's it regarding the things you mentioned. I guess if that part had been worse then I might not have been on my ass for a couple weeks!
CrystalLakeAgbu
My wife has had it twice. The second time was basically a sniffle for a day. The first time was not much worse.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.