Paxlovid

3,503 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by 34blast
aglaes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tested positive for Covid yesterday. Had 1st vax but no boosters. This is actually the 2nd time. 1st time was very minor. This time has been like the worst cold I've ever had. Checked in with my doctor today and the prescribed Paxlovid. Any opinions on whether I go ahead and take it, or skip it?
agywife
Did you see this thread below? Depending on your age studies are out about various effectiveness and rebounding after the med.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3281765
aglaes
AG
I ended up not taking it, but recovered fairly quickly anyway.
Rex Racer
AG
Wife and I took it last year and felt better almost immediately. 54 and 52 years old.
PJYoung
AG
Yep it was weirdly effective for me stopping all symptoms quickly and then like a week later I was sick again for about 36 hours, fever, stuffed up, then fine.
austinag1997
AG
Checking oxygen levels with a finger pulseox is the best advice never given to me by any doctor. Having oxygen concentrators at home helps.
CrystalLakeAgbu
Glad that the recovery went well without medication.
Retired Principal
AG
Tested positive yesterday. Feeling better 24 hours after first dose. The body aches are just about gone and congestion has decreased. Need to keep it rolling. Son getting married this Sat.
34blast
Tested positive today, had chills and night sweats. DR prescribed steroid and Plaxlovid.

Saturday night terrible sore throat, had trouble sleeping, severe sinus drainage. I was convinced I had a minor virus or sinus infection. Ear pain and sinus pain Sunday and Monday, Monday night chills and sweats.

Was just going to take prescriptions, I was thinking worst case it probably just runs the same course as doing nothing

57 and healthy and I take no other medications. Probably 20 pounds overweight, but normal by todays standards. I did have pneumonia twice in the past, 40 and 46, so I"m always a bit paranoid about and viral or respiratory viruses / diseases
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.