Current recommendations for isolation

2,169 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by torrid
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Current recommendations for isolation are five days. From https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html

Quote:

If you test positive for COVID-19, stay home for at least 5 days and isolate from others in your home.

Does anyone still follow them?

I know one young woman who tested positive for Covid last Monday and returned to work that Thursday.
torrid
AG
If you have a fever, stay home.
Enzomatic
People still test? I'm pretty sure no one takes time off for work for the symptoms of the current COVID variant. Lots of employers actually are unhappy if you test when symptoms are mild. In many jobs where people don't have sick time available, they have no choice but go in to work, just as they do with all the other cold viruses. Isolation is no longer a thing.
01agtx
AG
Normal recommendations from other viruses are 24 hours fever free, so I would go with that.
torrid
AG
Posted without comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/13/health/covid-isolation-change-cdc/index.html

Quote:

Washington Post: CDC to ease Covid-19 isolation guidance

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to shift its Covid-19 isolation guidance this spring to say that people no longer need to isolate once they have been fever-free for 24 hours and their symptoms are mild or improving, according to the Washington Post.

The Post cited four unnamed agency officials and said the planned shift was discussed internally last week and in a briefing with state health officials.

Since 2021, the agency has said people should isolate for at least five days if they tested positive for Covid-19, and then continue to mask. The updated guidance would bring Covid-19 in line with guidance for other respiratory viruses, such as flu.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.