Women's Tennis 2023/2024

270,139 Views | 3499 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Ag4eva95
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vandy beat Ohio State. Insane they've played eachother in the playoffs four years in a row.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Let us pray the weather holds and we don't have to play indoors at UNC. To beat UNC at UNC will take all girls en fuego! If any team can do it, this team can.

It's great to be a fighting Texas Aggie!
taylorswift13_
According to Instagram the men's team got kicked out of the women's match but we're still cheering from outside the venue
taylorswift13_
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6mTn84AXXn/?igsh=MWJnZGkxdmpxbXUzYw==
Anchorhold
Schools with both Men's and Women's teams in the Sweet 16 so far:

Stanford
TAMC
Tennessee
Virginia
bigfoot10s
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

According to Instagram the men's team got kicked out of the women's match but we're still cheering from outside the venue

They got back in though!!

Just returning the favor to the OU women from a few weeks ago in Norman!
Chruchie
AG
Tennessee beats duke 4-0.
Anchorhold
bigfoot10s
AG
Anchorhold said:

Parsa was there by the way. Really nice guy, he's good friends with Jordan
Aggie Tennis
AG
Those were some very good players for OU that were beaten decisively.

It's a shame that two of the best four teams are meeting in the round of 16.

But it's a bigger shame for UNC because we are winning that match!
aggiedrjdub
AG
tu is struggling with Georgia Tech right now
Anchorhold
Scoreboards flashing like a slot machines are definitely effecting these matches.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Scoreboards flashing like a slot machines are definitely effecting these matches.

Yes. GT line 6 just choked away a win. Up 6-4, 5-3 and lost 4 games in a row. Now in a 3rd. Line 2 for GT up 4-0 in the 3rd. Could come down to the last set on line 6.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Looks like tu will pull this out 4-3. Line 6 has just given up. Can't keep the ball in the court after being up 6-4, 5-3…has lost 7 games in a row.

To be fair, Given Roach is in a medical timeout for GT.
aggiedrjdub
AG
tu advances barf.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG

Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

tu is struggling with Georgia Tech right now

I'd love to play them right now. Wouldn't be close.
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Ok. Who can give us a great in depth analysis of this match? Lineups? Doesn't Mary have a better record against Fionna than Carson? I wish this was a later round match where I can watch in person at the NCAA's.
bigtimeag1977
Mary 0-2. Carson 0-1. So 0-3 overall.
Gap
AG
Pretty cool post match:

Chruchie
AG
the doubles point will be crucial for both teams. starting at the top, M&M beat crawley/tanguilig in the all-americans during the fall, expect it to be a tight match. #2 doubles will be fun, Scotty imo is the best doubles player in the country (right in front of mary barely), carson and lulu looked good this weekend, give them a few more practices and they can get even more creative and dangerous. #3 doubles after today is where i would say we have the advantage. Nicole and jennette were firing on all cylinders today and having a ton of fun. look for nicole to be the aggressor at the net.

Singles:
1. Carson vs. Scotty: both have big serves and not afraid to move forward. Scotty is playing really good tennis right now and should be respected. that said, if Carson plays like she did today, i give her the advantage.
2. Mary vs. Fiona: talent vs talent. both girls know each other well and the opponents playstyle from training over the summer together. Crowley strong groundstrokes, not afraid to pull the trigger when sees fit and moves excellent on the court. Mary will need to play her best. right now i give the edge to mary, although she wasn't playing her best tennis this weekend.
3. Nicole vs. Tanguilig: Tanguilig is technically sound. offers great groundstrokes paired with great hands at the net. however, when playing really good players she suffers from being over powered. I believe if nicole can sure up some errors and play even 90%of the level she did during the season she will have a big advantage.
4. Mia vs. Tran: probably the most even matched court. Mia having a great year, Tran experienced workhorse. Tran will make a TON of balls, BUT is NOT a pusher. she is fast and reads the court so well. 2 hand shot on both sides, with the backhand the stronger of the 2. Look for mia to try to get into forehand rallies and open up the court with it.
5. Lulu vs. Yarlagadda: Yarlagadda when at her best is a top 20 player in the country, with that said, she has not had a good year for where she's played. Is making more mistakes than previously, but still has experience and the weapons to challenge anyone. Lulu will have to be patient and willing to embrace the grind here. the longer this match is on court, the more lulu is probably favored.
6. Jennette vs. Evans: Don't know much about Evans, although she is the mid season addition as a freshman. thing to watch here is her nerves, does she feel the pressure of such a big match. how does jennette force her to feel that. Evans is a highly touted recruit not lacking in talent.

Last thing that should be mentioned is where this is played. Our girls are STELLAR at home, and good all the time outdoors. but this is one of the most storied programs lately and we're going to their house. i don't think it'll be Georgia level crowd involvement but it will be a factor nonetheless.
Ag4eva95
I think the thing that worries me is indoor vs outdoors. We've been fairly unlucky with having to play a round or two indoors the last few years, which has greatly hurt us.
Anchorhold
Partly cloudy skies. High 76F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. 24% chance of precipitation. Sunset at 8:10 pm.
Anchorhold
Proposed lineups should be posted this afternoon. Any challenges are due by 4:00 pm tomorrow. This year's challenges are non-anonymous, so if another coach that thinks they fair better against us or carolina could do it, but it would be provided to the coaching staff. I'm not sure how anonymous they actually were in the past.

https://web2.ncaa.org/tennis/current-year/WTE/1/schools

(I am not suggesting, just sharing information).
aggiedrjdub
AG
Weaver doesn't strike me as someone that would protest a lineup unless there's an egregious stacking. I think the lineup we have gives us our best chance, but UNC will be a very tough out. Will take a hyper focused effort, but these girls can do it.
Chruchie
AG
Mark is very even keeled and easy going. however, if he can protest a lineup to make a more favorable matchup within reason for our girls he will do that.
Chruchie
AG
UNC's initial lineup. i don't know if they changed anything and just took out rabman for singles against wisconsin or that is a switch. doubles remains the same.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Our lineup has Mary at 1 and Carson at 2 now. Doubles is the same.
Anchorhold
That's the same lineup they had last week. Yarlagadda and Forbes didn't play against Navy so freshmen Rabman and Evans did. The singles lineup against wisconsin was 5 seniors and 1 junior.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Those matchups at 1 and 2 could very well decide this match. UNC is the only school that can match us at the top.

That SEC tournament final at Georgia was tough, but being in that environment will help us here. We were rattled, but now we know what to expect.

Can't wait.
Anchorhold
Aggie Tennis said:

Carson lost to Crawley 6-2, 6-4 today.

Carson - wouldn't it be great to get revenge in the NCAA title match with a win over UNC? You have a decade for pro tennis after bringing home the team title.

Anchorhold
Post-match interview audio from Coach Weaver and Jeanette.

https://texags.com/s/59216/sunday-sweep-of-18-oklahoma-sends-13-am-to-super-regionals/10
Anchorhold
aggiedrjdub said:

Anchorhold said:

The portal officially opens today and we still have one open scholarship for next year (or Carson's fourth year of eligibility).

Eleana Yu was ranked right behind Lulu for preseason freshmen is not listed on Stanford's playoff roster.

Is Yu injured?

She just entered the portal. She was in the stands in street clothes at Stanford's match on Saturday.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Anchorhold said:

The portal officially opens today and we still have one open scholarship for next year (or Carson's fourth year of eligibility).

Eleana Yu was ranked right behind Lulu for preseason freshmen is not listed on Stanford's playoff roster.

Is Yu injured?

She just entered the portal. She was in the stands in street clothes at Stanford's match on Saturday.

I see that. Interesting.

Ag4eva95
Apparently Mary is back at #1 this weekend, Carson #2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.