***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

56,340 Views | 764 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by aggie4231
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No idea
ReloadAg
AG
Super Lando!!!
Verne Lundquist
AG
Gladiator 96
AG
LANDOOOO!!!
boogieman
AG
Attaboy Lando!
La Fours
AG
Immediately dropped an f bomb on live tv. Love it. So happy for him.
TDub
AG
Max seems like a proud dad
La Fours
AG
What's with the weird music?
SydB92
AG
Making F1 Great Again
CW Griswold
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

But the level of criticism received by McLaren prompted the team to issue a statement explaining why the former president had been in their garage. The statement read: "McLaren is a non-political organisation however we recognise and respect the office of President of the United States.

"So when the request was made to visit our garage on race day we accepted alongside the president of the FIA and the CEO's of Liberty Media and Formula 1.

"We were honoured that McLaren Racing was chosen as the representative of F1 which gave us the opportunity to showcase the world class engineering that we bring to motorsport."

Eyeroll for the outrage

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/donald-trump-mclaren-garage-miami-32741959.amp
Peter Klaven
AG
My four year old built his first Lego F1 car last night....none other than the McLaren #4.

Less than 24 hours later, Lando has his first F1 win!
jorgerr96
forgive me Miami GP i wasnt aware of your game
La Fours
AG
With great power, comes great responsibility.
La Fours
AG
You should go figure out where Lando and the McLaren crew are partying tonight and party with them.
XpressAg09
AG
I love that Lando's win can't be dismissed by circumstance, or weather, or engine failure. An opportunity presented itself, Lando grabbed it, and held off the #1 for ~1/3 of the race.
La Fours
AG
Wow, Sainz hit with a 5 second penalty for causing a collision with Piastri. Dropping him from 4th to 5th, and Perez up to 4th.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.sainz-hit-with-five-second-time-penalty-after-collision-with-piastri-in.3D1JHk6lYz0GzKch77GcrZ.html
Peter Klaven
AG
The fact he was able to open a ~7 second gap on Max over the last 20+ laps of the race adds an interesting wrinkle to what the near future could hold.
La Fours
AG
Agreed.
Poot
The McLarens looked very strong out there today, indeed.

Lando caught a break with the safety car, but he really capitalized and dominated the rest of the race. Impressive.
The Marksman
AG
La Fours said:

Wow, Sainz hit with a 5 second penalty for causing a collision with Piastri. Dropping him from 4th to 5th, and Perez up to 4th.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.sainz-hit-with-five-second-time-penalty-after-collision-with-piastri-in.3D1JHk6lYz0GzKch77GcrZ.html
That's garbage in my opinion. Piastri was completely at fault there.
Peter Klaven
AG
I thought it was worth a separate post to acknowledge what an absolute bro K-Mag was this weekend. Not only did he take like 26 penalties to get Haas a sprint point, he then draws out the safety car today in taking out Sargeant and flips the momentum to Lando.

Tip of the cap to the veteran for his heroics this weekend. Bravo.
XpressAg09
AG
Politics aside, this guy's Trump impression is incredible and you'll enjoy this video. Other impressions are pretty good, too.

Gladiator 96
AG
Conor Moore is essentially a fixture in Formula One now. People always look forward to his videos after a race. His Sainz impression is by far his best out of everyone. There is even a clip from last year where they had CM and Sainz together onscreen with CM imitating Sainz to Sainz.

One of my favorites of his from last year was the Bahrain race where Stroll bumped into Alonso. CM had Alonso on the warpath to find out who bumped him.
jorgerr96
Finally back home and rested since I got in the 6 am flight.

Miami GP sunday was definitely a good one. Both F1 and F1 Academy were fun. The reality is that after several races attended, the ones you remember the most are the significant ones, such as Kimi's last Ferrari win at COTA 2018, Sainz first win Silverstone 2022, and now Lando's first win in Miami.

The track however, is different to other circuits I've been to. It's 100% a party scene. I was seated in the North Beach stands, and during F1 Academy practice they stopped playing the feed on the screen because they were now showing a Steve Aoki set lol. It's a very seen to be seen vibe. It's HOT. The bag policy is like an NFL stadium so hydropaks with pockets couldn't come in.

F1 Academy was the reason I came and probably come back next year. The garages were open, so on Friday I got to have most drivers sign the stuff I had. Sunday got super crowded, which is good because the Netflix show will do wonders for them. The racing was great but at this point it's annoying how Lovinfosse keeps crashing onto others, with both Tina and Aurelia missing out on points the whole weekend when they both had the pace.

One thing I found annoying is how everyone, even track presenters, seem to only care about Lia Block, but not of Chloe Chambers, who is an actual Formula Regional race winner and was on the podium in Miami. Even the presenter before Race 1 was like "Lia Block the only US driver on the grid" lol.

Gladiator 96
AG

F1 Driver of the day…
SydB92
AG
Just stumbled across this. You can see the base of the bollard destroyed Max's floor. The tire offset andfloor damage explains why Max could keep up with Lando.

La Fours
AG
Stumbled across this on X a few minutes ago.

jorgerr96

The F1 movie being made by Brad Pitt just got a budget ... of $300 million. Absolutely insane.

aggie4231
AG
Should have made them work under the same cost cap as F1 teams. Would be way more authentic
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.