*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,291,293 Views | 26934 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I honestly forgot we could do that. Just changed it.

Again, though, these are unsubstantiated RUMORS. There's not a chance in hell a chunk of them are real/end up happening. It's just a fun, speculative list, based on months of chatter.
toucan82
The MCU thread is no place for fun
Quinn
AG
That is an absurd list of surprise appearances. Obviously they won't and couldn't all be happening. Will be interesting how they balances making it a movie with references (which has always been Deadpool's schtick) vs a never ending run of "Hey, that's so and so from that previous Marvel movie!"
BowSowy
AG
Was it DSMoM that also had all sorts of crazy rumors of cameos?
rhutton125
AG
It was. I'm going to avoid these Deadpool rumors as much as possible, given that before DS2 came out I already knew to expect Mordo (trailer), evil Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, Xavier and Reed Richards.
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
Tagline for the Farley movie: The tale of a fat guy, played by a fat guy, directed by a fat guy
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

No joke, this dude is becoming one of my favorite C-list (B-list maybe?) actors these days. He's been great in everything I've seen him in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Tagline for the Farley movie: The tale of a fat guy, played by a fat guy, directed by a fat guy

In a little coat
rhutton125
AG
I just know him from I Think You Should Leave as the guy who rags on his wife to fit in with his poker buddies, then has an extended flashback about how much his wife has supported him, and apologizes to everyone and leaves immediately to be with his wife.
fig96
AG
He's outstanding in Kingdom (the MMA show not the Asian royalty show).
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Is Mole the Mystery Role? - Paul Walter Hauser has been cast in Marvel's Fantastic Four movie in an unknown role, but given the actor's increasingly busy schedule, the possibilities would seem to be rather limited. I don't think he's playing Doctor Doom, as I was told that (small) role may not be cast until production is already underway. He could be voicing H.E.R.B.I.E. but if that were the case, I think Deadline's Matt Grobar would've called it a voice role, so I'm not buying that one. Plus, we know that character is in the movie thanks to the animated image that Marvel offered up as a Valentine's Day gift to fans, so why go to great lengths to keep the role secret? No, I think Marvel gave in to the popular fan casting and tapped Hauser for the role of Mole Man. Lending fuel to that fire? Today, a source told me that the script opens with the Fantastic Four defeating Mole Man, and that makes sense to me - a big action sequence to start the movie, so Hauser would only be needed on set for 2-3 weeks, after which he'd be free to pursue his many other projects. I imagine he'll shoot Fantastic Four after The Naked Gun but before he plays Chris Farley for New Line and director Josh Gad, though I'm unclear where Max Winkler's indie movie Fruitcake fits into his schedule. Hauser has three movies coming out this year - he provides the voice of Embarrassment in Pixar's Inside Out 2 and stars alongside Matt Damon and Casey Affleck in Doug Liman's crime movie The Instigators, which will hit select theaters on Aug. 2 before streaming on Apple TV+ on Aug. 9. Hauser also stars opposite Sydney Sweeney in the indie movie Americana. He's represented by CAA and Artists First.
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
Hell yeah. Now we're talking. Defeat Mole Man in the first 20 minutes and then move on to Galactus after, and then Doom post-credits.

Mole Man was the villain in FF #1, so I've always imagined (like using Vulture for Homecoming) that they'd start there.
Quinn
AG
I really did not like his character in The Afterparty S2, so I'll have to watch another one of his roles before FF.
i is smart
AG
TCTTS said:

cav14 said:

TCTTS said:

Wasn't this already speculated last year when Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, and the director of DP3 were all hanging out within Taylor Swift's luxury booth during a Chiefs game?

Yes, the rumor has been around for months now. It's not that it's just now being speculated, it's that it's adding more fuel to the fire.

Could be a fun scene if she uses her powers to create a distraction for Wolverine and Deadpool to escape or something along those lines.
TCTTS
AG

jeffk
AG
MEPHISTO
BenFiasco14
AG
jeffk said:

MEPHISTO

Multiverse iron man
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Sex Panther
AG
Sauron
The Porkchop Express
Moff Gus Van Doom
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
i is smart said:

TCTTS said:

cav14 said:

TCTTS said:

Wasn't this already speculated last year when Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, and the director of DP3 were all hanging out within Taylor Swift's luxury booth during a Chiefs game?

Yes, the rumor has been around for months now. It's not that it's just now being speculated, it's that it's adding more fuel to the fire.

Could be a fun scene if she uses her powers to create a distraction for Wolverine and Deadpool to escape or something along those lines.
100% guarantee if she's in it, she drops an F bomb.
TCTTS
AG
Decay
AG
Now that's funny
dvldog
AG
Is there any point where a specific DP vs. WV thread can be started to post any and all spoilers so those of us that want to go into this movie as innocent/ignorant as possible can still follow this thread for other Marvel news?

ETA: not calling you out - just replied to the most recent post with any kind of spoiler (I am guessing on that piece b/c I didn't watch).
Decay
AG
dvldog said:

Is there any point where a specific DP vs. WV thread can be started to post any and all spoilers so those of us that want to go into this movie as innocent/ignorant as possible can still follow this thread for other Marvel news?

I don't think it's really going to hurt your experience to get a little spoilers. Or at least I hope
TCTTS
AG
I'll start an official thread here in a bit, as it's high time we have one. That said, it's literally only an 11-second clip with like four lines of dialogue.
dvldog
AG
I get it, but posts with every known cameo (earlier in the thread) takes a little bit of the fun away from seeing it and being surprised.

Maybe I'm being naive .

ETA: maybe "every known cameo" wasn't in this thread and some suggested article I saw. Saying that, there are plenty of big possible spoilers in the thread like screencaps of the entire trailer and tweets (x's?) of possible cameos.
CowtownAg06
AG
So I guess no one told McDonald's that Cap 4 got delayed. Friend's kid got Sam, I have no idea who this is.
Decay
AG
The fearsome RUTH
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I rewatched Logan last night. (Such a great movie).

However, it's been awhile since I rewatched any of the Wolverine movies and/or X-men.

Is there a timeline that lays out all of his story? TIA, sorry I came to Texas and not google.
jokershady
AG
checked IMDB and can't find Ruth anywhere but theres a few actresses without titles to their names....

for some reason I want to add "Powers" as her last name....

edit: of course it's a simpsons character i didn't realize i was referencing.....

TCTTS
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

I rewatched Logan last night. (Such a great movie).

However, it's been awhile since I rewatched any of the Wolverine movies and/or X-men.

Is there a timeline that lays out all of his story? TIA, sorry I came to Texas and not google.

I'll do the best I can. Parentheticals are the release years...

Takes place in 1962:
- X-Men: First Class (2011)

Takes place in 1973:
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) *

Takes place (mostly) in 1979:
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Takes place in 1983:
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Takes place in 1992:
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Take place in the mid-to-late 2000s (each are set four or five years after their respective release dates):
- X-Men (2000)
- X2 (2003)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Takes place in the "early 2010s"
- The Wolverine (2013)

Takes place in 2023:
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) *

Takes place in 2029:
- Logan (2017)

* Days of Future Past takes place in two time periods; AFTER the three main 2000s-set movies, and AFTER First Class. It's the movie that basically bridges the two "eras."

All that said, the whole thing gets super convoluted, and the timelines don't quite add up, so release date order (barring a couple of exceptions for the Wolverine movies) is probably the best way to go...

- 2000 - X-Men
- 2003 - X2
- 2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
- 2011 - X-Men: First Class
- 2014 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
- 2016 - X-Men: Apocalypse
- 2019 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- 2009 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- 2013 - The Wolverine
- 2017 - Logan
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Thanks. Days of future past ended with Logan having extreme amnesia and returning to a renewed world without the robot laser guys correct?
First Page Last Page
Page 767 of 770

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.