Fallout TV Series (Amazon Prime)

49,275 Views | 543 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by BenTheGoodAg
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

no one cares
You obviously do.
BadMoonRisin
AG
aTmAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

no one cares
You obviously do.
Average Joe
AG
aTmAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

no. i cant. i get it, you dont like the show or the game for that matter.

**** off. no one owes you *****
I liked the show in general (especially at first). But that villain reveal took it down about 20 notches. It went from good to below average. I put it at about the level of walking dead. I still stuck it through about 80% of that show.

And I don't think anybody owes me ****. But I don't owe you fake glowing praise for a below average show either.
Seeing that 75% of your posts are in politics is the least surprising thing in this thread.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I tried to answer your questions the best way I knew how.

But they weren't really questions that needed answers, were they?
aTmAg
AG
Average Joe said:

aTmAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

no. i cant. i get it, you dont like the show or the game for that matter.

**** off. no one owes you *****
I liked the show in general (especially at first). But that villain reveal took it down about 20 notches. It went from good to below average. I put it at about the level of walking dead. I still stuck it through about 80% of that show.

And I don't think anybody owes me ****. But I don't owe you fake glowing praise for a below average show either.
Seeing that 75% of your posts are in politics is the least surprising thing in this thread.
It does make sense. As that is the only board on this site with hint of intelligence.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I don't know about y'all, but I think he makes some great points.

I mean, Vault Tec drills down into the earth and kills the planet. The writers were shameless and blatent in their metaphor for oil companies, who they obviously hate. /sarcasm

Just ignore this chump. He didn't get the message when his posts were deleted multiple times.
aTmAg
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

But they weren't really questions that needed answers, were they? I guess shame on me for falling for it
You did a poor job of answering. I don't need link to a long ass timeline to answer the following question:

"Did that hilariously terrible board room scene occur in the game too?"
BadMoonRisin
AG
No, dumbass, the show was a completely new and original story.

You would know that if you read the thread.

Im not sure what you're yelling about.
aTmAg
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I don't read have time to read 15 page threads about a mediocre show.

I merely saw a post responding to agracers post saying "[it] had nothing to do with Hollywood and everything to do with the game lore." So I asked the question.
BadMoonRisin
AG
aTmAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

I merely saw a post responding to agracers post saying "[it] had nothing to do with Hollywood and everything to do with the game lore." So I asked the question.
This pretty much sums it all up.

I dont care whether you like the show or not, you're annoying.
bluefire579
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

aTmAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

This pretty much sums it all up.

I dont care whether you like the show or not, you're annoying.
Not to mention the fact that in the time he's spent arguing about it, he could have read the thread...
BadMoonRisin
AG
He doesnt want to read the thread. He wants to be mad.

About what? I have no ****ing idea. Something, apparently.
aTmAg
AG
I got my answer:

The crappy villain that makes this show vastly worse is a product of the show. I should't necessarily write off the game because of how bad the TV writers were.

Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

But they weren't really questions that needed answers, were they?

With him, they never, ever are. He perceives the show's ideology as clashing with his own, therefor it's "bad"/poorly written, and he can't not let everyone know that. But because he's aTmAg, and simply making his opinion known isn't enough, he turns it into a question in order to bait posters into arguing with him, which is what really gets him off. And he'll do it until he's blue in the face, sometimes for days on end. This has been his pattern for years now, in which thread after thread is derailed/killed by his bullsh*t. None of this is news, though, as he'll freely admit to a version of it. He's said numerous times that he basically sees himself as someone who needs to bring a certain amount of "truth" to this board, call things out for what they are, put us in our place, etc. His ego knows no bounds, nor does his "knowledge" of every last subject under the sun.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wow. That seems exhausting. I don't get it.

Why?

If you dont like a show...dont post on a thread discussing the show?

That seems pretty reasonable for an adult to do, right?
BadMoonRisin
AG
aTmAg said:

I got my answer:

The crappy villain that makes this show vastly worse is a product of the show. I should't necessarily write off the game because of how bad the TV writers were.

Thanks!

What villain are you whining about? A lot of people like the show. Some dont. That's fine. Stop.
bangobango
AG
aTmAg said:

I got my answer:

Thanks!

How bored and lonely are you in real life?
G.I.Bro
A show where the protagonists are a naive fish out of water woman child and an actor turned undead bounty hunter can't have a mustache twirling bad guy, needs to be serious. Why are you all having fun?
PatAg
AG
bangobango said:

aTmAg said:

I got my answer:

Thanks!

How bored and lonely are you in real life?

He needs a new hobby
Jim01
AG
Binged it this week and loved it. Looked great, good story, good actors, and really did a good job at creating a world. Looking forward to season 2.

I haven't played any of the games so didn't have any expectations coming in.
Madmarttigan
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Why?

He tends to do this on any popular show where there is a lot of discussion, basically anything that gives him a better chance of pissing more people off and thus himself getting off ala Dennis Reynolds
BadMoonRisin
AG
Madmarttigan said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Why?

He tends to do this on any popular show where there is a lot of discussion, basically anything that gives him a better chance of pissing more people off and thus himself getting off ala Dennis Reynolds
Well why the **** am I doing this?

I dont know WHY YOU tell me WHY
agracer
AG
Breggy Popup said:

agracer said:

Never played the game but really likes the show. Loved the ending.

There was the rolls eyes moment when all the big corps were meeting at Valtec and the "these companies make America great" line was uttered ….Hollywood just can't help themselves!

Had nothing to do with Hollywood and everything to do with the game lore.
So your saying somewhere in the Wiki page or at some point in one of the games the phrase "Make America Great" was stated in some form of fashion BEFORE Trump coined MAGA?

Edit: Apologies, I did not mean to aTmAg this thread. I just thought it was an eye roll moment but otherwise enjoyed the show. As far as the villains, the threat of war could increase sale. They don't have to drop the bomb necessarily to market and sell their products. Look at toilet paperless when covid started. It wasn't even a symptom and suddenly everyone was afraid of the runs.
Sea Speed
AG
I thought people bought tp because they thought there was going to be a shortage because factory closures and they were expecting to not be able to leave their house for 2 weeks. I didn't think the runs played in to it. Maybe I read that completely wrong.
rhutton125
AG
In my mind, the villains weren't after more money. They were after ensuring their survival, and more power/control. They can remake the world as they feel is best, or something.
DallasTeleAg
Lol... i stay offline for one day, to treat my mom for an early Mother's Day, and come back to this.

Wow... that was some digging for something ***** about.
DallasTeleAg
And, the answer is we don't know who really started dropping the bombs. I also don't think it happens in the show how we are led to believe. If the mother knew the bombs were about to be dropped, don't you think she would have been sure to have her daughter already in a vault when it started? Obviously, there's still a lot of story to be told.

And in this universe, there are only mega-corporations left. These few mega corporations basically own everything and brand everything. Vault Tec is one of these and, based on the many social and scientific experiments across all the vaults, they are most definitely a moustache twirling super villain organization.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Clinton-Gore's slogan was Make America Great Again as was Ronald Reagans
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Generally speaking, I prefer episodic just because it gives me a reason to space out something I enjoy. But I've also found myself enjoying the weekly discussion less and less, especially when it's telling a story that's already been told in another medium. I've gotten tired of the people making "predictions" and acting like they aren't just spoiling **** for everyone else.

While true, the nice thing about this season was it was a fresh story with fresh characters and fresh places that blended into the universe very well. Doubt it would get spoiled much more than a normal show in the week to week stuff. I remember the GoT final season ending being spoiled for some, but as long as you didn't actively go seek it out it was avoidable.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am reading through the whole thread and posted this reply. Almost caught up.

Anyways. This show was freaking awesome, just finished it the other night.
dreyOO
I was blessed that my wife loved this show. Amazing. Just read thru the thread so thanks to the nerds that explained a lot of my questions. I didn't realize that is was basically 2070 when they showed the original bombs going off. I thought it was the actual 50s but couldn't figure it out. Never played the games.

Btw, if ever there was a way to make this show more interactive with the remote control, I'd love it. Something like rewatching it and clicking around to find Easter eggs or hidden trivia in the background.

And the music and 50s style (even the little cartoons) really make this work for me. Don't know why, but it's a weird blend of comfort/nostalgia mixed with some really dark sci-fi. Just fantastic for this newb
Vince Blake
I am loving these YouTube videos out there of pieces of the game overlaid with scenes from the show. Like Lucy failing speech checks or The Ghoul using VATS to target and shoot people.
Eliminatus
AG
Vince Blake said:

I am loving these YouTube videos out there of pieces of the game overlaid with scenes from the show. Like Lucy failing speech checks or The Ghoul using VATS to target and shoot people.
Saw one where The Ghoul is gaining health by eating those tomatoes. It's so brilliant yet subtle and I am pissed I missed that. For anyone who has played the newer games (or most Bethesda RPGs), it really showcases the scarfing down of random food and drink to heal during a tough fight. If this was done on purpose (which I fully choose to believe) it is such an homage to the gamer community, up there with the Golden Rule. Sometimes when you step on a land mine or have a rocket hit you in the chest, you just need to devour 15 rad roach meats, 3 iguanas on a stick, 12 mutfruit, and 5 bottles of dirty water to get back to fighting shape. Or if you fancy, some Aged mirelurk queen steak and clean water.
bluefire579
AG
Eliminatus said:

Vince Blake said:

Saw one where The Ghoul is gaining health by eating those tomatoes. It's so brilliant yet subtle and I am pissed I missed that. For anyone who has played the newer games (or most Bethesda RPGs), it really showcases the scarfing down of random food and drink to heal during a tough fight. If this was done on purpose (which I fully choose to believe) it is such an homage to the gamer community, up there with the Golden Rule. Sometimes when you step on a land mine or have a rocket hit you in the chest, you just need to devour 15 rad roach meats, 3 iguanas on a stick, 12 mutfruit, and 5 bottles of dirty water to get back to fighting shape. Or if you fancy, some Aged mirelurk queen steak and clean water.
And then follow it all up with a Rad Away
agracer
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Clinton-Gore's slogan was Make America Great Again as was Ronald Reagans
I had to look at the Wiki to confirm because, like about 90% of the people under the age of 50, had no idea Reagan and Clinton used the phrase. It's most commonly associated with Trump and drives the TDS crowd nuts.

It was a slap at Trump and associated 'evil' big corps and it was a rolls eyes moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.