*** CIVIL WAR *** (Kirsten Dunst, dir. Alex Garland)

22,470 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Anchor
Nanomachines son
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rudyjax said:

Who do we root for?

fig96
AG
Leggo My Elko said:

A big budget, original story, political action movie not aimed at an international audience?

What is this the late 90's?
If there's no Harrison Ford cameo I'll be a bit disappointed.
AustinAg2K
Drug cartels take over the governments of California and Texas and secede to form a new nation where they can legally build their empires... Either that, or Elon decides he wants to be president and uses his companies in Texas and California to influence politics and create a new nation where he can be elected.

Also, is there any doubt that if Texas and California ever did decide to work together that we would dominate?
Raiderjay
Apache said:

The thread about this film will generate 20+ pages on content on F16.
Giddyup.
Civil War movie thread on F16

Sea Speed
AG
If you would have told people after that upside down spider man kiss that Kirsten Dunst would be married to that guy most people would have laughed in your face.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I just need know who all is included in this "Florida Alliance." Because if we've looped in all of the hillbillies from GA, AL, TN, and SC, and added them to the FL trash rednecks well hell, I ain't worried about a thing. We got it made in the shade.
InternetFan02
AG
first thought it's a bad reunion of Fargo Season 2 with those headliners and Ron Swanson as president but with Alex Garland directing it's intriguing. Swap in Natalie Portman and Oscar Isaac and it hits better
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed said:

If you would have told people after that upside down spider man kiss that Kirsten Dunst would be married to that guy most people would have laughed in your face.

And yet, five years later - in 2007 - they would both go on to commit murders. Spider-Man 3 murdered the franchise, while Landry murdered an actual guy.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Sea Speed said:

And yet, five years later - in 2007 - they would both go on to commit murders. Spider-Man 3 murdered the franchise, while Landry murdered an actual guy.
Multiple guys within a few years (Creepy Todd).
Sea Speed
AG
Damn Kirsten I didn't know you were holding like that.

TCTTS
AG
Where have you been the past *checks calendar* 20+ years?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

In all seriousness...

A) This looks awesome. A24 + Alex Garland going big-budget IMAX has all the makings of something memorable/audacious at the very least.

B) As a resident of California who's from and still spends a ton of time in Texas, I can assure you the two states have way more in common than those whose perception of California is shaped only via Disneyland and Fox News might think. Both have massive Hispanic populations, both have huge swaths of rural, gun-owning farmers and ranchers, both feature big tech sectors (complete with tech bro culture, at least in Austin), and personally, I've met more people from Texas out here than from any other state. Yes, politically, they couldn't be any farther apart, but outside of the Hollywood bubble, culturally, they honestly don't feel all that different (and heck, even Dallas/Austin can be just as pretentious as Hollywood at times).
They don't call Dallas the home of the $30,000 a year millionaires for nothing.
#FJB
Sea Speed
AG
Not staring at Kirsten dunst's rack, apparently
Madmarttigan
AG
I guess he missed the entire rain scene in Spider-Man
Formerly tv1113
Claude!
Sea Speed said:

Damn Kirsten I didn't know you were holding like that.

He looks kind of like Great Value brand Matt Damon.
TCTTS
AG
In his Breaking Bad days, his nickname was literally "Meth Damon."
Rudyjax
AG
You must be the first one to see the resemblance.

Not the casting director that cast him to play a younger Matt Damon in All the Pretty Horses.

Not people who call him Fat Damon.

G.I.Bro
I'll go ahead and say it, I've never thought Kirsten Dunst was that attractive
Sea Speed
AG
G.I.Bro said:

I agree with you. Probably why I never noticed what she was working with
Noblemen06
AG
TCTTS said:

Where have you been the past *checks calendar* 20+ years?
Wait...Is that the kid from Interview With The Vampire?!
TCTTS
AG
G.I.Bro said:

Beautiful in person, and incredibly kind and down-to-earth too. I did a photo shoot with her (and Bryce Dallas Howard) years and years ago, and in all my time working on shoots, she was one of the only celebrities who made it a point to remember my name...

Cliff.Booth
Kirsten: Hey, you over there.
TCTTS:.......Me?
Kirsten: Yes, you. What's your name?
TCTTS: I am known as *gulp* TCTTS.
Kirsten: Get your ass over to whatever coffee place is close by and get me an iced coffee.
TCTTS: Yes, ma'am.
Kirsten: Thank you, TCTTS. Now hurry your ass up.
TCTTS
AG
The only thing I had to do "for" her was move her car. We needed to open up one more parking space in a residential driveway, so I asked her for her keys, and once I was behind the wheel I realized it was my first time ever driving a Prius. Luckily her agent was walking by and showed me how to get it out of park.
Cliff.Booth
That's hilarious
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

The only thing I had to do "for" her was move her car. We needed to open up one more parking space in a residential driveway, so I asked her for her keys, and once I was behind the wheel I realized it was my first time ever driving a Prius. Luckily her agent was walking by and showed me how to get it out of park.

I had a Prius rental. I don't remember not knowing how to put it in drive. Now, I Turo'd a BMW last month. and couldn't figure how to put it in drive.
javajaws
AG
Cautiously optimistic given its A24. But Cali and Texas? That punchline better be good or they're gonna have egg on their face!
Rudyjax
AG
javajaws said:

Cautiously optimistic given its A24. But Cali and Texas? That punchline better be good or they're gonna have egg on their face!
If you think about it, we're 2 of the 3 states that could really operate as our own countries.
Zeke1995
AG
What's the third? Florida?
Rudyjax
AG
Zeke1995 said:

What's the third? Florida?

New York
Chipotlemonger
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Also, is there any doubt that if Texas and California ever did decide to work together that we would dominate?

As a Texan that is living in CA like TCTTS, I feel safe in saying that we would wipe the floor with the other side of this movie's civil war.

Is it wipe the floor of or wipe the floor with? Either way, y'all get my point.
Sea Speed
AG
I'm pretty sure they threw Texas and California together just to get the hype and the whole movie is probably going to be the feds vs a bunch of sovereign citizen mountain man types.
EclipseAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

With. Like a mop.
AustinAg2K
Chipotlemonger said:

AustinAg2K said:

As a Texan that is living in CA like TCTTS, I feel safe in saying that we would wipe the floor with the other side of this movie's civil war.

Florida would be the only state I would worry about. It wouldn't shock me if Florida created an army of allegators with lasers on their head or something.
Sea Speed
AG
The dude with the ghillied rifle in the trailer has blue and pink fingernail polish reminiscent of the trans flag. Not sure if a clue or a troll.
jeffk
AG
As long as they can shoot, I want them on my side.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.