Physical 100 season 2

718 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by fig96
Ag_0112358132134
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was probably already a thread on this, so sorry if I missed it. But damn this show is just awesome to behold. No frills, no drama amongst contestants, no BS. Just pure, unadulterated, grueling physical competition.

The three rounds of the finale looked absolutely freaking brutal. I loved season 1 and had completely forgotten about it until I resubscribed to Netflix for the first time in a few months. Highly recommend to anybody who hasn't watched it.

The only downside is, even as somebody who is in pretty good shape, it made me feel utterly weak and inadequate as a human being. Almost like, I will never reach this level of insane physical ability, so why am I wasting my time working out? But seriously, great show.
aTmAg
AG
Are the challenges the same as before? Or did they mix it up?
Max Power
AG
Almost everything was new. The only challenge I remember being the same was when each of them had to be the last one holding the ball, which they used to eliminate 50% of the contestants.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I would love to see an American version. I have to think we get it eventually, it feels like the competition was way better this season.
aTmAg
AG
Max Power said:

Almost everything was new. The only challenge I remember being the same was when each of them had to be the last one holding the ball, which they used to eliminate 50% of the contestants.
Actually, that challenge is bad ass. So I'll allow it.
Fairview
AG
I was a fan of the first season and watched the second season as soon as it came out. Second season is good.

Thanos was a beast but gave me the dumb as a rock vibes. I also thought it was funny they had a few fat guys on this time.
Fairview
AG
aTmAg said:

Max Power said:

Actually, that challenge is bad ass. So I'll allow it.

They added a third arena choice for it this time too.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Season 2 had so many incredible Herculean individual moments for contestants. Gibson's moment knocked me out.

S2 also did a lot better I thought with the quests and tasks. Grueling, do-able, balanced better than S1, strategies incorporated, leadership as a big factor, team play significant, etc.

They'll probably try this in America, but no way will it be as emotionally successful. There's something so wholesome about Korean culture that really makes this thing go. Episode 1 of both seasons are gems in their own regard, seeing how everyone is positive and marvels at their opponents. US reality shows would race to the lowest of effort drama.

I could go without hearing "WHAO" 300 times per episode though
The Porkchop Express
Ag_0112358132134 said:

There was probably already a thread on this, so sorry if I missed it. But damn this show is just awesome to behold. No frills, no drama amongst contestants, no BS. Just pure, unadulterated, grueling physical competition.

The three rounds of the finale looked absolutely freaking brutal. I loved season 1 and had completely forgotten about it until I resubscribed to Netflix for the first time in a few months. Highly recommend to anybody who hasn't watched it.

The only downside is, even as somebody who is in pretty good shape, it made me feel utterly weak and inadequate as a human being. Almost like, I will never reach this level of insane physical ability, so why am I wasting my time working out? But seriously, great show.
Is this a real show or did you make it up in your head after you saw a similar show in the HEB parking lot?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Madmarttigan
AG
Thought season 2 was better but I still skip through most all of the downtime conversations and a lot of the slowness.

I know it's sexist but it's weird that they have women on the show and they end up getting humiliated on the show with a lot of the tasks. Feel like it should be two different shows it's just not even fair.

Also don't think people noticeably on steroids or some sort of PED should be allowed on the show like the Thanos guy and the bodybuilder woman who has as deep of a voice as me.
fig96
AG
Just finished s1 and started s2 yesterday, super interesting show. Amazed if there isn't an American adaptation in thee works.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.