Where some see an invasion others see hope

12,570 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by AggieRain
PabloSerna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same argument used against MLK when he was arrested for breaking laws in Alabama and Mississippi.
Rongagin71
AG
No.
Rongagin71
AG
Let us see if this will post...
PabloSerna
AG
"We further strongly urge our own Negro community to withdraw support from these demonstrations, and to unite locally in working peacefully for a better Birmingham. When rights are consistently denied, a cause should be pressed in the courts and in negotiations among local leaders, and not in the streets. We appeal to both our white and Negro citizenry to observe the principles of law and order and common sense."

I think it does. Thankfully MLK saw it differently and this appeal led to his Letter from a Birmingham Jail.
Rongagin71
AG
Oh, you think if libs do it that taking over streets and blocking commerce should be okay?
But if cons do it, that's insurrection?

Look, everyone has the right to protest peacefully.
No one has the right to occupy other people's property
or cross other people's borders without permission.
PabloSerna
AG
I think this is a forest from the trees kind of thing. Let me explain.

MLK wrote back to those religious leaders and pointed out that there is man's law and God's law. Citing St. Augustine, "an unjust law is no law at all."

He goes on to ask how can we tell an unjust law from a just law? MLK points to St. Thomas Aquinas, when he notes that an unjust law is not rooted in the eternal law and natural law. MLK points out, rightly in my opinion, that any law that uplifts the "human personality" is just. So then the opposite would be true that any law that oppresses man is unjust.

Back then to the border.

Is it any wonder then that Jesus, Joseph, and Mary fled the country and into Egypt, without notifying authorities who we can assume were on the look out? Indeed, the Holy Family were refugees not unlike the many people fleeing Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuela, and Hati- among others. They were foreigners in a foreign land, seeking refuge.

What I hear on this and other forums is that we should shut down the border and deport anyone here illegally. I believe that is not the will of God. We should double our efforts to document as many people as reasonably possible safely and work hand in hand with the many charitable organizations that seek to feed, clothe, and house people seeking asylum.

This country was founded by immigrants all the way back to the pilgrims who fled to these shores seeking a new way of life. I still believe our country is a blessed country and is a lamp to the nations. (patriotic music in the background). Let freedom ring!
Rongagin71
AG
Prexys Moon said:

I see an invasion of young, military aged criminals who are a threat to everything meaningful and right about the united states. Enemies of our nation. the border does not need "hope". the border needs a wall and military intervention.
The argument for unlimited immigration was made and destroyed already in this thread.
Again:
There was a time when the "New World" was being colonized and settlers were needed to fight the indigenous and clear the land for farming.
There was a later time when the early U.S. still needed settlers, laborers, civil war fighters, and trained experts of all kinds.
A system of legal immigration was set up to check that undesirable such as criminals, diseased, or crazy did not get in (at least not in great numbers).
The U.S. still has that immigration system and it allows about a million legal immigrants per year, which is far more than any other country.
The politically motivated effort to import as many immigrants as possible is overwhelming our medical and welfare systems but making lots of money for the gangs and NGO's.
Nobody actually knows how many illegals have crossed the border just since Biden was elected, but over seven million is generally agreed. A growing threat of epidemic, lower IQ, and terrorist atrocity is agreed.
This is not God's doing, and you are guilty of blasphemy if you claim it is.
PabloSerna
AG
What is sad is that there are people who actually believe half of what you have written. Thankfully, there are others who, through the words Christ, understand the words, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

Rongagin71
AG
That is a biblical quote, so what do you think it has to do with illegal immigration?
nortex97
AG

Invasions have consequences, short and long term.
AggieRain
AG
PabloSerna said:

What is sad is that there are people who actually believe half of what you have written. Thankfully, there are others who, through the words Christ, understand the words, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

What is sad about it? Well over half of what was written is true...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.