Police in Pittsburgh have given up

8,668 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Player To Be Named Later said:

Y'all blaming this solely on Dems/Libs are being just a bit disingenuous. Yes, the left has crapped on police, started the defund the police movement, crappy DAs, etc.

But even on conservative F16 I see a lot of trashing of police officers from conservatives.

This is a job that I'm surprised anyone wants to do anywhere. I'm sure glad I'm out, and so is my brother. Life is SO much better not doing it anymore.
And I think it's all by design. The left knows the police are not their friends. They know local police and sheriffs are the ones who would help stop a federal takeover. They have been vilifying the police since the day Barry Sotero took office.
will25u
whoop1995
AG
Weird because this guy says the law is changing to the bettter in Philadelphia or as he calls it killadelphiaā€¦ā€¦..

I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
UTExan
Well, as ABattBQ11 said in another thread, it doesn't take somebody very smart to be a cop.
And these days, the smart are staying out of police work because it just isn't worth it anymore.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
ā€œ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard piesā€
Mulberrywildman
AG
Yes Mr.Colbert troll bot poster, they (and you) have voted for such.
YouBet
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

JaxDad said:

No way I would live in a large blue city.

Isn't every large city blue?

Almost without fail. It's basically Cities 101. Larger you get; the more blue you get.
one safe place
I wouldn't go into the riff raff inner city areas of large democrat cities either. The cops should probably take confiscated weapons and those bought the buy-back efforts and leave them, along with ammo, in these areas and hope the residents wipe each other out to the point law enforcement can go back in.
TheCurl84
AG
I'm sorry but someone on this board recently INSISTED that crime is down across America's cities. He had STATS!!!!!
DamnGood86
AG
45-70Ag said:

Just how many times have the parties switched? Enough to blend into one, it appears.
TexAgs91
AG
Logos Stick said:

Blue cities are safer /libs
Do they say that?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
InfantryAg
AG
DamnGood86 said:

45-70Ag said:

Just how many times have the parties switched? Enough to blend into one, it appears.
If the republicans aren't continuously playing that on all platforms this fall, they are handing away one of the best possible adds ever. There's many other biden clips that should also be played, but crime and the border are top issues.

Playing this add (and many other biden clips) is essentially making him run against himself.
AggieVictor10
AG
YouBet said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

JaxDad said:

No way I would live in a large blue city.

Isn't every large city blue?

Almost without fail. It's basically Cities 101. Larger you get; the more blue you get.

The trashier they get, too.
The Dog Lord
AG
Glad San Antonio has been adding officers and trying out new strategies to reduce crime. Saw this recently and thought it was interesting.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/violent-crime-plan-san-antonio-19404499.php
Muy
AG
Let them all feel the wrath of their votes.
Ag_0112358132134
The Dog Lord said:

Glad San Antonio has been adding officers and trying out new strategies to reduce crime. Saw this recently and thought it was interesting.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/violent-crime-plan-san-antonio-19404499.php

I live in San Antonio. It is maybe the only blue city in the country that still maintains some traditional values like families and law & order. I'm sure it won't last, but at least it hasn't gone to **** yet.
OverSeas AG
AG
I think you are conflating some things.

The left wants the police to be defunded. The right wants the police to do their jobs correctly.

I am very supportive of every cop out there doing a hard job keeping families, and streets and cities safe. Putting their lives in danger for everyone else. I am also thankful.

I also get that under stress one doesn't always make the optimal choice or sometimes even the correct choice. I can be pretty forgiving about that too. Been there

But police that act like thugs, that bully, that use their badge to hide behind, that don't do their jobs - i have no sympathy or use for. They are a disgrace to themselves, their family, their brothers in blue, and to the society they serve.

That seems to me to be the difference in what I see on the board. The left hates cops, the right hates dirty cops.
BQ_90
AG
The left wants local police to be defunded. The goal is for federal police force
YouBet
AG
Good distinction.
OverSeas AG
AG
Yes i agree. And that fed police force will be full of the thugs not the good cops.
InfantryAg
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I think you are conflating some things.

The left wants the police to be defunded. The right wants the police to do their jobs correctly.

I am very supportive of every cop out there doing a hard job keeping families, and streets and cities safe. Putting their lives in danger for everyone else. I am also thankful.

I also get that under stress one doesn't always make the optimal choice or sometimes even the correct choice. I can be pretty forgiving about that too. Been there

But police that act like thugs, that bully, that use their badge to hide behind, that don't do their jobs - i have no sympathy or use for. They are a disgrace to themselves, their family, their brothers in blue, and to the society they serve.

That seems to me to be the difference in what I see on the board. The left hates cops, the right hates dirty cops.
Almost no one hates a bad cop more than a good cop. I watch plenty of cop videos where I just cringe and want to reach out to the agency and chastise them for piss poor training of their officers. Youtube makes it seem like the norm though.

There have been plenty of threads on this board where people on the right condemn cops based on a video showing only part of what happened or other misinformation. There are a handful of posters who will post on comment on their confirmation bias of hating cops.

There's also plenty of posts against cops actions based on ignorance. I don't mean that pejoratively, it's just the average citizen has attended police training or gone through the field training program. That's reasonable especially for use of force, because UoF rarely looks good. And police in general do a poor job of explaining what happens so it looks like they are not being held accountable.

This board used to be more of a place where someone with particular knowledge could explain something. It has become more of an echo chamber supporting those confirmations biases. It's becoming more like the youtube comments section.
InfantryAg
AG
BQ_90 said:

The left wants local police to be defunded. The goal is for federal police force
It's a nice talking point, but will never happen. There is no legal means for the fed govt to give local jurisdiction to a federal police force. There is no way they could train this police force. There is no way they could fund this police force.

Feds have territorial jurisdiction on FEDERAL property. They have subject matter jurisdiction for FEDERAL crimes. FBI/ ATF/ DHS etc agents can't enforce any state crimes right now. They can't investigate or make detentions for state crimes.

So somehow congress is going to pass a Constitutional Amendment and the states sign off on a federal police force to enforce 50+ different sets of state laws? Even if the feds and states wanted it, why? What would this federal police force do?
deddog
AG
InfantryAg said:

BQ_90 said:

It's a nice talking point, but will never happen. There is no legal means for the fed govt to give local jurisdiction to a federal police force. There is no way they could train this police force. There is no way they could fund this police force.

Feds have territorial jurisdiction on FEDERAL property. They have subject matter jurisdiction for FEDERAL crimes. FBI/ ATF/ DHS etc agents can't enforce any state crimes right now. They can't investigate or make detentions for state crimes.

So somehow congress is going to pass a Constitutional Amendment and the states sign off on a federal police force to enforce 50+ different sets of state laws? Even if the feds and states wanted it, why? What would this federal police force do?

Covid shows that a large percentage of the population will submit to whatever their government tells them.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Blue megacities set for death spiral as people abandon for small towns so that they can ruin those too.

Outstanding work America.

Really nice.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.