Inflation Rises "More Than Expected" in March

4,915 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by oh no
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MemphisAg1 said:

You're lumping everybody in the same generation into the same bucket. Many of them opposed those things.

Makes sense.

Not.
Agreed
Many people of my generation will never come close to receiving enough social security to pay back just what I and my employers paid into the program.

I would be happy if they just cut me a check for what I paid in and what my employers paid in, Hell, forget what the employer paid in, give that to the companies.

Now I understand why my grandfather refused to accept Roosevelt dimes in change.

The attacks on Boomers is getting old and tiresome.
Athanasius
AG
One of the most influential leaders in the staffing industry gave us an update yesterday and used a phrase we had expected a while ago, but had not heard yet:

"Looks like the lead up to 2008"

agwrestler
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

The ONLY way out is more production. If there is more available on purchase Vs the available money supply, prices will stop inflating. Deregulation could help this considerably.

Fix the money supply side of that ratio first. Shut off power to the printers at the Fed Reserve and fire up all incinerators.

Basically reversing the intended effect of
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
Ags4DaWin
Logos Stick said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

MemphisAg1 said:

You're lumping everybody in the same generation into the same bucket. Many of them opposed those things.

Makes sense.

Not.
Yep, here we go again. I blame lousy ass politicians for not listening and stupid people (Boomers and plenty of others) that did not vote them out.

No generation would have done anything different regarding entitlements. Swap Gen Y or X for Boomers. Same outcome. The blaming boomer crap is dumb.

Bill Clinton said something one time I'll never forget. He said you never give the middle class anything that you might want to take back because there is no take backs with them. That's who votes. That's why entitlements are what they are. People already retired or within 10 years of retiring are not gonna vote to cut their own throats. That's anyone 55 or above, which is a huge chunk of the population. Doesn't matter which generation it is.

Which is why the only way to get it fixed is to tell the boomers-

Either we cut government spending or you ain't getting your SS because we can't do both.

The largest holder of US treasuries is SS because it never got privatized. The government has been raiding the SS surplus for decades.

Once SS has to start cashing them in to make ends meet, the government goes bankrupt unless other cuts are made elsewhere or unless they raise taxes to 60% on workers.

Raise taxes to that level and there will be such an absolute revolt that SS on the whole gets done away with.
G Martin 87
AG
Raise taxes to 60% and we reach the tipping point where producers stop working and join the takers.
scd88
AG
Nobody complains about $3.15+ gas prices anymore. It's been so long since they've been over $3.00 that we are all "trained" to the new number.
deddog
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Owlagdad said:

Quick trip to Olive Garden:at granddaughters request for good report card. $60 for two build your own pastas and a childs plate. Drank water..
We talking pasta and sauce and Italian sausages that are half size they used to be. .
Never again.

Food truck gyro, fries, and baklava = $18
Chopped beef BBQ sandwich, Cole slaw, chips, and drink = $18
Wendy's for 2 = $21

It's unsustainable. More local businesses will be failing.

You know what would make this more affordable? Raising the minimum wage.

I would post a smiley next to the post. But there are 81 million stupid enough to believe this.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.
Yep, here we go again. I blame lousy ass politicians for not listening and stupid people (Boomers and plenty of others) that did not vote them out.

No generation would have done anything different regarding entitlements. Swap Gen Y or X for Boomers. Same outcome. The blaming boomer crap is dumb.

Bill Clinton said something one time I'll never forget. He said you never give the middle class anything that you might want to take back because there is no take backs with them. That's who votes. That's why entitlements are what they are. People already retired or within 10 years of retiring are not gonna vote to cut their own throats. That's anyone 55 or above, which is a huge chunk of the population. Doesn't matter which generation it is.

Either we cut government spending or you ain't getting your SS because we can't do both.

Why not slash welfare programs instead? At least the boomers that you despise and look down on have actually contributed something in most every case and are still contributing. I'm a tail end boomer and would gladly settle for just a portion of what comes if I could have the promise that they cut spending and slash the holy **** out of welfare programs. There needs to be a microscope on all those pork bills and we wouldn't be having these conversations. That is not a boomer problem but a crooked politician problem that is happening because we have career politicians instead of boomer type people that serve their 2, 4, or 6 years like the founders envisioned.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
YouBet
AG
KidDoc said:

oh no said:

this seems impossible. our government passed the inflation reduction act a while ago.
This bill has become the most ironically named bill since the Affordable Care Act!

And it's never brought up as if it never happened.
YouBet
AG

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

Why not slash welfare programs instead? At least the boomers that you despise and look down on have actually contributed something in most every case and are still contributing. I'm a tail end boomer and would gladly settle for just a portion of what comes if I could have the promise that they cut spending and slash the holy **** out of welfare programs. There needs to be a microscope on all those pork bills and we wouldn't be having these conversations. That is not a boomer problem but a crooked politician problem that is happening because we have career politicians instead of boomer type people that serve their 2, 4, or 6 years like the founders envisioned.

Because it's not realistic and will never happen. Cutting spending will never happen. Ever.
samurai_science
YouBet said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

Because it's not realistic and will never happen. Cutting spending will never happen. Ever.
Its going to happen, but it will be forced
YouBet
AG
samurai_science said:

YouBet said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

After the country fails and we have a period of chaos and anarchy. Won't happen before.
samurai_science
YouBet said:

samurai_science said:

YouBet said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

After the country fails and we have a period of chaos and anarchy. Won't happen before.
Thats what I said, it will be forced
agwrestler
AG
samurai_science said:

YouBet said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

Back to the topic... How does deficit spending cause inflation?
Ags4DaWin
agwrestler said:

samurai_science said:

YouBet said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Logos Stick said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Makes sense.

Not.

Back to the topic... How does deficit spending cause inflation?

Government borrows money. Because the value of the dollar is not pegged to any tangible asset and the money itself is printed by the federal reserve, the money they borrow is mostly money printed by the fed reserve bank who buys treasuries through various means.

This means the overall money supply goes up.

Government spending does not create any assets worth anything that anyone would buy so the asset supply stays the same.

When the number of valued assets in the world stays the same and the money supply goes up inflation happens because there is more money chasing the same fixed number of assets.

It's basic economics.
oh no
AG
YouBet said:

KidDoc said:

oh no said:

this seems impossible. our government passed the inflation reduction act a while ago.
This bill has become the most ironically named bill since the Affordable Care Act!

And it's never brought up as if it never happened.
the senile empty suit even went off script and called his inflation reduction act the biggest climate bill ever and not one word from our "free press" to inform the people they were duped by government.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.