DEI is getting a new name.

4,475 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by agsalaska
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like no one cares about "DEI" anymore. It is now I (Inclusion). It is last years news. My previous company even had a "VP of DEI" and he was a gay dude who scheduled virtual meetings and talked about his gayness all the time. Who cares? But he took home a big paycheck for playing victim.

DEI is getting a new name. Can it dump the political baggage?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/05/05/dei-affirmative-action-rebrand-evolution/?s=09

Quote:

Last year, Eli Lilly's annual shareholders letter referenced the acronym for diversity, equity and inclusion 48 times. This year, "DEI" is nowhere to be found.

In March, Starbucks got shareholder approval to replace "representation" goals with "talent" performance for executive bonus incentives. At Molson Coors, "People & Planet" metrics have displaced environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals, and the acronym DEI has disappeared altogether.

Rapier108
Whenever something the left does becomes toxic, they simply rename or rebrand it, and keep right on at it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MouthBQ98
AG
Orwellian language manipulation will be used to hide it a little more cleverly as it continues to exist.
TexAgs91
AG
Don't outlaw it by name. Outlaw the practices that it involves.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Logos Stick
Rapier108 said:

Whenever something the left does becomes toxic, they simply rename or rebrand it, and keep right on at it.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Rapier108 said:

Whack-A-Commie
agsalaska
AG
About six months ago I got road blocked by an HR director that had the term 'DEI ambassador' on her LinkedIn profile. I was cruising through the process and the lady that was going to be my boss, a 60ish year old black woman, liked me a lot. She has a great reputation in our world and we would have worked very well together. All I had to do was to clear HR and she admitted to me that a few years ago operations(retail) had to give control of the hiring to HR, even at Director/VP level.

Anyway no call, no response, no **** off, nothing from the HR lady. straight Stonewalled and I am 99% sure that if operations had their choice I would be there today.

I noticed the other day that the term 'DEI ambassador' was gone from her profile.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Jack Squat 83
AG
One of the benefits of a dumbed-down populace is simple moves like this are highly effective.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Cant wait for the LinkedIn Lunatics to continue their furious butt****ing over this stupid bull*****

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/goodbye-dei-hello-inclusion-6017212/

Look at these ******ed grifters languishing in the fact that their golden goose, birthed by St Floyd of Fentenyl, is dead, and all of the money that they bilked out of it has officially dried up.

I assume most of these people will start having Palestine flags in their profiles shortly -- on to the next money-making grift -- for equity of course.
Get Off My Lawn
Rapier108 said:

The good news is it's been stigmatized (which itself is a cultural win) and business world transitions can chaotic. Rebranding should result in reevaluation of tons of initiatives, and some may not make it through.

If we get a reduction in leftist preaching at work and CEOs slow down in hiring political officers & political operatives - that's at least better than the alternative unimpeded trajectory.
Maroon Dawn
AG
People have gotten wise to DEI meaning "hire less talented people based on their demographics loyalty to the DNC"

So now they have to hide it and rebrand it and keep hiring inferior political appointees
El Gallo Blanco
Rapier108 said:

Masters of propaganda. And they know how increasingly dumb their base of godless useful idiot deviants is. They are diabolical, but brilliant. Reapeat the lie just a few times and it now becomes the reality.
ttu_85
Jack Squat 83 said:

One of the benefits of a dumbed-down populace is simple moves like this are highly effective.
Yep especially if we dont call this poison out fast and often
doubledog
Environment is another term that has been used to replace the whole DEI thing.

I think it is all a ploy to keep someone's relative gainfully employed.
unimboti nkum
AG
Quote:

So instead of referring to DEI, Taylor switched to calling these efforts "IED," putting the focus on "inclusion" as DEI accrued cultural and political baggage.

lol
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
captkirk
AG
TexAgs91 said:

The practices ARE illegal. Time for some lawfare
BTHOB-98
Acid Rain > Earth Day > Global Warming > Global Cooling > Climate Change……

They just keep changing the name until they get to one that's is hard to argue about based on terminology. Of course there's climate change. The climate end up being A different temperature every year. That means that there's sustaining climate change it's gonna destroy the planet? Probably not.
AgDad121619
AG
infinity ag said:

Looks like no one cares about "DEI" anymore. It is now I (Inclusion). It is last years news. My previous company even had a "VP of DEI" and he was a gay dude who scheduled virtual meetings and talked about his gayness all the time. Who cares? But he took home a big paycheck for playing victim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/05/05/dei-affirmative-action-rebrand-evolution/?s=09

Quote:

Last year, Eli Lilly's annual shareholders letter referenced the acronym for diversity, equity and inclusion 48 times. This year, "DEI" is nowhere to be found.

In March, Starbucks got shareholder approval to replace "representation" goals with "talent" performance for executive bonus incentives. At Molson Coors, "People & Planet" metrics have displaced environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals, and the acronym DEI has disappeared altogether.

my company has same "position" and all he has ever shared in any meeting I have been forced to attend, he talks about his "husband " and his experience as a gay man. He is paid $600-$700k for the riveting commentary. Clown world we live in
Muy
AG
Rapier108 said:

Yep. That combined with situational ethics ("well, it's MY truth!") is the enemy within.
Central Committee
AG
I work for a woke public company.

Earlier this year the company dropped 'Equity' and replaced it with 'Opportunity.' A step in the right direction but I wonder if it has changed the actions of management and HR.

Part of the problem remains the public's understanding that the leftists have replaced 'equality' with 'equity'. Too many are not paying attention and way to many of the people that do pay attention don't understand the fundamental difference between the two.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
jrico2727
AG
Who would have guessed that DEI was trans
Fightin_Aggie
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Pretty sure it's already illegal to discriminate based on skin color, sex and religion

Yet they do it anyway!
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
AgDad121619
AG
This is nothing more than a way to hide their agenda. You can bet the mission hasn't changed - definitions just change to hide their actions
No Spin Ag
TexAgs91 said:

Good idea, but you have to get people working in all he areas of those companies to be the change you want to see in them. That takes dedication and time, but if done, the changes can happen.
MooreTrucker
AG
agsalaska said:

About six months ago I got road blocked by an HR director that had the term 'DEI ambassador' on her LinkedIn profile. I was cruising through the process and the lady that was going to be my boss, a 60ish year old black woman, liked me a lot. She has a great reputation in our world and we would have worked very well together. All I had to do was to clear HR and she admitted to me that a few years ago operations(retail) had to give control of the hiring to HR, even at Director/VP level.

Anyway no call, no response, no **** off, nothing from the HR lady. straight Stonewalled and I am 99% sure that if operations had their choice I would be there today.

I noticed the other day that the term 'DEI ambassador' was gone from her profile.
Any idea which protected group member got that job instead of you?
infinity ag
AgDad121619 said:

infinity ag said:

Quote:

my company has same "position" and all he has ever shared in any meeting I have been forced to attend, he talks about his "husband " and his experience as a gay man. He is paid $600-$700k for the riveting commentary. Clown world we live in

Would be hilarious if we both were talking about the same guy in the same company!
The company I was at had a lot of gay men and trans folks in high positions. Turned out my skip level manager was also gay.

Now I don't care if one is gay or not, not my problem or business. But keep that sheet at home. Don't bring it into the workplace. I don't talk about whom I am having sex with and I don't need to know who others are having sex with.

About 10 years ago, I was at a different company and there was an openly gay fellow with exaggerated gay behaviors. He was very in-you-face with his gayness. On Pride Month, he wanted to decorate the entire office with garish gay colors "so spread love and tolerance". Thankfully I left before all that happened.
APHIS AG
You take a piece of crap, you sterilize it, deodorize it, chocolate cover it, and gold plate it.

What you have is a clean, nice smelling, sweet, expensive, piece of crap.
GeorgiAg
AG
DEI

Didn't Earn It

They lost control of the acronym
agsalaska
AG
No but I will eventually find out. I have been hanging pretty low since then working on a bunch of real estate stuff. I was pretty pissed. I have a buddy who would know but I haven't talked to him lately.

It's probably a good thing. Retail is a dying industry, at least for senior managers. I wanted to do it and the pay would have rocked, but I don't really need the money and it is a highly stressful job.

I have some long term worries for some brands that we all really like.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.