Denver Broncos

2,808 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Broncos
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(sigh)

I think I'm so close to jumping off the McDaniels bandwagon and barring a great end of the season, I think Bowlen should start looking elsewhere.

I don't forsee the Broncos closing out the year strong. Who do you think the Broncos have a realistic shot at bringing in? What kills me the most is this doofus ran Cutler and Marshall out of town. Clearly the next guy Bowlen will go after will be a proven guy, Cowher, Gruden??
toucan82
FREE TEBOW!!!!!!!!!
Wrec86 Ag
I'm here man, Broncos are bad this year.... McDaniels had a chance with Nolan as his DC, but that didn't work. It's only a matter of time now- He took a franchise that was a consistent contender and got rid of two out of the three best players and put them at the bottom of the division/conference.
aggielax48
AG
I won't rehash my rant from last week, but it makes me sick to see a promising young team being turned upside down. The defense has regressed without Nolan and just getting older. The offense can move the ball but can't score points. They are now 3-13 in their last 16.

They have four games left. I see 2-2 at the best. @ ARI, @ OAK, HOU, SD

At what point do you actually give Tebow legit minutes? He's only played in 6 games with one throw and six rushes. I'm not saying replace Orton, but you drafted Tebow to be your future starter, at least give him time.
MSCAg
AG
The Belichick coaching tree sure isn't looking that great.

Rommeo
Weis
McDanials
tamulax33
AG
I don't think ORTON is the problem in Denver.

He has done very well this year. 3487yds 20tds 6ints (and 93 yds rushing). That ranks 4th in yards, tied for 9th in tds and only Brady, Cassel, Vick and Big Ben have thrown less INTS. As far as sacks .. i think he is right in the middle of the pack with 33.

I think it has more to do with a bad defense, poor rushing and bad coaching.

Rushing:
Denver barely has over 1,000yds rushing as a team... there are at least 8 rbs who have more than that by themselves. And Denver only 8 rushing tds ( tebow has 3)... even the colts have more rushing tds (10) than them.

Defense:
Denver only has 18 sacks and only Cincy has less with 14. And they are a league worst in INTS.. with only 6 for the entire year.

[This message has been edited by tamulax33 (edited 12/6/2010 11:04a).]
Doug Christie
cutler and marshall were malcontents and have not exactly blown people away in chicago and miami, respectively (cutler's starting to have some success in chicago, but I still don't think you can look at that team and say they're doing it because of cutler...at best, orton for cutler has been about a draw).

the problem is mainly defense and their waste of draft picks. they've used 3 high picks on offensive players the past two years, and only one of them has had much of an impact (moreno...and even then, he's been injured for good portions of the season). as I said on another thread, mcdaniels should have had enough confidence in his ability as an OC to create an offense that could compete with less than elite players (like he's basically done in denver with orton, lloyd, etc.). and when they have gone defense in the draft, they've largely whiffed...alphonso smith was jettisoned a year after being drafted (and having given up a 2010 1st round pick to do so). Robert Ayers hasn't done much.

ultimately, it's the personnel moves outside the BIG moves people continually point to that have really been the problem.

all that said, given the labor situation, and given than shanahan's still getting paid, I sort of doubt Bowlen makes the move now. I think it's more likely there's a new GM, and McDaniels gets his hands tied a little bit.
aggielax48
AG
I really don't think we'll see McDaniels go anywhere this season. I think there would be a slim chance if there wasn't a lockout but with it, you'd be starting with a new coach with little offseason prep.

I definitely agree with the poor personnel management. The biggest problem I have with the trades of the big players, was that you then drafted to replace them, leaving the defense out to dry again. So where is the production out of all these offensive draft picks? Where's the ingenuity from the wonderboy offensive guru?
Doug Christie
quote:
So where is the production out of all these offensive draft picks? Where's the ingenuity from the wonderboy offensive guru?

it's actually been with guys like orton, lloyd, gaffney, royal, etc. I could see taking Tebow, if you believe he's the guy, but they really should have the confidence that he could put out a decent offense with the guys they had (or could acquire on the cheap).
W
AG
add Eric Mangini and Nick Saban (NFL years) to the mediocre Belichick coaching tree
The Pilot
AG
FIRED!
toucan82
Chewy
AG
Shocked at the news. Not so much that it happened but when.

Wow.
Sooner Born
AGnNoCo
AG
about TIME!
The D
AG
****, I love the production i was getting in garbage time with lloyd.
aggielax48
AG
YES!! YES!! YES!!!
W
AG
the Tim Tebow era may be over before it even begins
Iowaggie
AG
The Broncos have an opportunity to bring back Wade Phillips!!
ac
Maybe they'll want Kubiak back as HC after the Texans fire him. At the very least, he can get a job there as OC.
ORAggieFan
They set him up to fail with that much say in personnel. Giving a 32 year old a head coaching job is a stretch, do it with an experienced front office working closely with him. This set them back many years.
the enigma
^
l
l
IDK that it set us back "many years". With the offensive talent we have and a solid, not great, defense, if we get the right coach we could be back to challenging for the AFC west in no time
MSCAg
AG
Wow, I thought he might get another year. They need to let the GM go too. He was part of all that talent purge as well.
CrottyKid
AG
Does this indicate that a big name is already ready to sign a deal?
Sooner Born
To me it indicates two things...

1) He wasn't respected in the locker room...at all
2) There is more to spygate II than has been reported
Broncos
A lot of talk about bringing in Elway to the front office and either Troy Calhoun or Jim Harbaugh at HC.
The Pilot
AG
Apparently Calhoun is out.
Stat Monitor Repairman

PoppaB05
AG
What are we doing?!?

Releasing Justin Simmons.

What a dumpster fire
MookieBlaylock
AG
they are taking this wal-mart clearance strategy seriously
Broncos
Just preparing to win the 2029 Super Bowl.
PoppaB05
AG
Bo Nix

What is wrong with us?
aggielax48
Broncos
Let's gooooo!

Nix going to bring us back to relevancy.
BTKAG97
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Bo Nix
Sports radio has been saying it will prob be Nix for a couple weeks now.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.