Boycott the playoff game on Peacock

12,579 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BMX Bandit
Mutual_Friend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If enough folks cave and order Peacock just to watch this single game we can expect more games, both regular season and playoffs, to be aired on exclusively subscription services. Let's stay strong and ignore this game in order to send the NFL a message!
jr15aggie
AG
I certainly won't be subscribing unless my team is playing. I'm hoping that a lot of other fans feel the same.

But a lot of people said the same thing when games started airing on ESPN and NFL network (back when those were add on channels for cable/satellite subscribers).

The reality is, we'll probably see more and more of this.
Seven Costanza
AG
I hope it fails miserably, but at least the game will be airing on NBC in the local markets of the those teams.
TyHolden
AG
I'm already not buying gas on Friday.....
taylorswift13_
milner79
Really tired of hearing them pimp this streaming crap on the Sunday night game. Vote with your wallets, folks. Make this a big fail!
jr15aggie
AG
Ugh..... I'd really like to see that Miami / KC match up. They should have given Peacock the lame ass Philly/ Tampa game.
TexAgs1992
Considering it's a Saturday night on a three day weekend, I've got a lot more interesting things I can find to do than download The Cock for this game.
taylorswift13_
The NFL and NBC are using my fans to pick up paying subscriptions
AggieNattie
May not be lame anymore after today.
Cynic
I don't sign up for anything just for one game. They are banking on people signing up then forgetting to cancel.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Will not be boycotting PeeCock
LB12Diamond
AG
milner79 said:

Really tired of hearing them pimp this streaming crap on the Sunday night game. Vote with your wallets, folks. Make this a big fail!

I lost count of how many times Tirico pimped it. So I'm hoping it does not work.
_lefraud_
AG
I fully support this decision. "Cable" companies and their $100 packages are the ones to thank for this.
taylorswift13_
Or we all pay for the game, then start a movement! #CancelYourSubscription
MookieBlaylock
AG
can't stand Kelce and Mahomes- aint no way i am paying to watch that
Txhuntr
AG
Normally I'd agree with this sentiment, but peacock got me through the 1st 4-5 weeks of the season with the NBC affiliate being blacked out directv. Long live peacock to keep these money grubbing local affiliates from raising my tv bill.
ac04
already have peacock for premier league. definitely not boycotting an NFL playoff game.
W
AG
I accept that I won't be able to watch Miami-KC on Saturday

and that's okay...Browns-Texans will take care of Saturday on its own
Danny Vermin
I already have peacock as twisted metal is awesome but I'll only be watching if the Stars are not playing.
GoAgs92
AG
I don't have peacock anyhow and can "find" the game to watch so I'm in on the boycott.

I have been boycotting ESPN since the LHN..ha
Iowaggie
AG
We have Peacock, and I also think this is inevitable, like games on NFL Network or ESPN or Amazon.

It is still cheaper to get Peacock for a month instead of a Bill Byrne PPV Aggie Football special from back in the day.

dabo man
AG
No way in hell I'm paying for Peacock (or any streaming service).

I used my Firestick + Kodi (w/Endzone addon) + VPN and was able to watch the Thursday night NFL games that way this season. Going to try that Sunday night and hope for the best.

Played with the idea of telling YTTV that I'd moved to Miami and VPNing there. NBC affiliates are showing the game in Miami and KC.
swc93
AG
Anyone remember when Sling got busted airing local
games out of market
The Marksman
AG
Expected wind chill of -30 for this game. Absolutely insane.
Matsui
AG
Any free peacock trial options out there?
Danny Vermin
You get it free if you have GolfPass.
Pantera
AG
My parents live out in the boonies and it's not cost effective or realistic to get streaming with their internet access, so they are just screwed moving forward on things like this.
Matsui
AG
appears to be you can sign up for a free 2 weeks with instacart and that includes peacock then cancel
https://espnswfl.com/2024/01/11/you-can-get-a-peacock-free-trial-to-watch-the-dolphins-chiefs-game/
Carlo4
AG
Heard on the radio it's $6.

Some of you are incredibly cheap.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Why you concerned enough to insult another man on how he chooses to spend his hard earned money?
Ag_07
AG
It's not the $6 that the hang up. A lot of people don't want to pay every month for another streaming service in addition to the 5 they already have.

It's another app t download, another pw to remember, another monthly bill.

With that said I already have Peacock so I'm not worried. Just saying it's not just the $6 that pisses people off.
AtlAg05
AG
Carlo4 said:

Heard on the radio it's $6.

Some of you are incredibly cheap.

I'll take that as a compliment!
Danny Vermin
You know he's right. Most on here will spend 6 bucks a day on ****ty coffee from starbucks. Like I said earlier in this thread, they have other good stuff like twisted metal.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I've had peacock for a while due to a lot of show my wife and I enjoy. NASCAR also airs races in the fall on peacock. Imo it's worth it just as much as a Netflix or Amazon
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.