McCarthy needs to go

5,481 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by MountainAg99
Maroon Camouflage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First off, I consider the Cowboys "my team". Though not anything like A&M sports. Three years in a row with the same record and similar results. The cherry on top is the fact that he's getting whooped by his former team. Still a half to play but it'll be tougher than climbing Mount Everest naked. Anyways, go Texans I guess!!
Infection_Ag11
AG
Jerry will make a bunch of emotional decisions after this, that being one of them. Objectively firing a coach that won 37 games in 3 years is really stupid. The chances that you hire someone better are very, very, very low.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
It's not McCarthy. It's the cowboys. No other team chokes as hard in the playoffs. They will not get near another Superbowl until Jerry is dead or sells.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
McCarthy is a good coach. The Cowboys would be stupid to fire him.
beatlesphan
AG
Would like to see someone bring toughness and discipline to the team like Vrabel. I don't see JJ hiring someone like that though
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mncag
He absolutely needs to go he lost his game before kickoff with his conservative game plan.
they've been one of the best passing teams in the NFL and they come out trying to establish the run which they clearly struggled. Big mistake set up his team to choke and Dax know better and under pressure
mncag
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

GreasenUSA
AG
McCarthy is a complete bonehead on gameday much of the time. He did well overall this year with his playcalling, so I kept my mouth shut. But this is embarrassing today.

Go get Mike Vrabel, imo.
MookieBlaylock
AG
If only there was a thread for this....
Double Diamond
Jerry won't do it. Has no idea who to replace him with.
bonfarr
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

His game plan was obviously ***** For the first half he couldn't get CeeDee open, everything we did GB was all over. That's on McCarthy. GB is scheming to get people open in space and his team is ready to play. McCarthy has to go
Maroon Camouflage
I'm not saying he isn't a good coach. He is. But just can't win in the playoffs it seems. The game is looking better now but that hill we need to climb is still big. Hoping for the best! Need some big defensive plays.
Project Gemini
AG
He won a Super Bowl. It is a gross misstatement of fact to say as a coach he cannot win in the playoffs.
bonfarr
AG
Dallas needs safeties. Kearse is terrible. In zone coverage we don't have a safety within 10 yards of a WR
Maroon Camouflage
You're right. We can all agree Jerry is a **** owner, nowadays anyway. My main frustration is making the playoffs then getting embarrassed and losing to the same teams (49ers and Packers). Who could we get better though? Probably someone who will at least allow us a higher draft pick haha.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
If Jerry fires McCarthy he'll probably do something very Jerry like and replace him with Quinn

At this point imo you move on from McCarthy and Quinn and Dak.
W
AG
zero preparation for either side of the ball
zooguy96
Jerruh needs to hand off the football decisions to football people. Then, they'd win.

Also, get rid of Dak. He sucks.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
An L of an Ag
AG
He SHOULD go. Burn it all down!
Maroon Camouflage
He won with Aaron Rodgers in 2011. Jimbo won a national championship more recent than that. Packers got rid of him for a reason. Past success does not translate in the game of football for many coaches.
TexAgs23
This game is so frustrating. I'm scratching my head on the secondary. How many wide open receivers have we seen so far for Green Bay?
wehnerhigh20
AG
The problem is Jerry "We like our guys" Jones
ktownag08
AG
Most Packers fans were thrilled when he was fired FWIW...
mncag
He will be announced that he's gone on Tuesday
duck79
AG
My guess is that idiot hires Quinn, McDaniel or Carrol
MookieBlaylock
AG
Flight alert shows a flight from Floozie New England with Bill Belicheck on board
Kashchei
AG
duck79 said:

My guess is that idiot hires Quinn, McDaniel or Carrol

Ron Rivera. Jerry loves him some retreads.
Woods Ag
AG
Maybe it's the QB… just maybe..

Had best season of his career running McCarthy's offense but when it matters he reverts back to crumbling under pressure
RetvrnAg
Get rid of Dak…hire Harbaugh.
98Ag99Grad
AG
No one survives this. He gone
Daveintx
Same gm making personnel decisions nothing will matter
MookieBlaylock
AG
Woods Ag said:

Maybe it's the QB… just maybe..

Had best season of his career running McCarthy's offense but when it matters he reverts back to crumbling under pressure

It's true Dak def didn't bother to cover the TE
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Jerry will make a bunch of emotional decisions after this, that being one of them. Objectively firing a coach that won 37 games in 3 years is really stupid. The chances that you hire someone better are very, very, very low.

It's not an emotional decision at all. How can anyone say "I need to see more from McCarthy and Quinn".
Infection_Ag11
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

It's not an emotional decision at all. How can anyone say "I need to see more from McCarthy and Quinn".

NFL playoffs are about getting in over and over until you get lucky
jkag89
ktownag08 said:

Most Packers fans were thrilled when he was fired FWIW...
Yep, my Wisconsin relatives laughed and laughed when Jerry hired him. I'm sure I'll get a few text after this one is done.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.