McCarthy needs to go

5,549 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by MountainAg99
dc509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He was a stupid hire in the first place. I have wanted to fire him after every season he has been the head coach. Maybe now we will move on.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Jerry will make a bunch of emotional decisions after this, that being one of them. Objectively firing a coach that won 37 games in 3 years is really stupid. The chances that you hire someone better are very, very, very low.

It's not an emotional decision at all. How can anyone say "I need to see more from McCarthy and Quinn".

NFL playoffs are about getting in over and over until you get lucky

If they retain him you'll be posting this again next year.
DukeMu
Sweet baby Jesus, please take Jerrah.
dc509
AG

Infection_Ag11 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Jerry will make a bunch of emotional decisions after this, that being one of them. Objectively firing a coach that won 37 games in 3 years is really stupid. The chances that you hire someone better are very, very, very low.

It's not an emotional decision at all. How can anyone say "I need to see more from McCarthy and Quinn".

Yes he will be.
Furlock Bones
AG
McCarthy is a regular season merchant. Pretty fitting that his former team is doing this to him.
Infection_Ag11
AG

Infection_Ag11 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Yeah, that's the point
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mts6175
AG
Don't know if I feel like it's a McCarthy issue. Key players on this team just choke when it counts.
Maroon Camouflage
Agree or disagree on the status of McCarthy, I think we can all agree Jerry Jones is the number one issue. Still stand by my McCarthy take, however.
SnowboardAg
AG
Honest question here - do you all really think Belichick would get along with Jerry Jones? I just can't see a relationship there, or more contentious than anything.
TyHolden
AG
Bellicheat is 71 and looks beaten down. He hasn't won anything since Brady. Why take that chance?
Raiderjay
TyHolden said:

Bellicheat is 71 and looks beaten down. He hasn't won anything since Brady. Why take that chance?

Jerry being Jerry thinks he has the team talent to win a superbowl and just needs the right leader
Little Rock Ag
AG
The one constant is Jerry Jones. It's his culture, from top-to-bottom. And, it's a culture where winning is secondary to dollars. Firing McCarthy does nothing to cut out the rotten core of the franchise.
StinkyPinky
AG
There is no way anyone can watch that game, that game plan, a team clearly not ready to play a playoff game, players mentally checked out, and NOT blame it on coaching. Sorry, this was 100% on the coaches. McCarthy, Quinn, the list goes on…
mncag
weak game plan from the start.

If you know you have problems running the ball and stopping the run why not go uptempo and put up points . They let Green Bay dictate flow of game then got behind and put to much pressure on Dak.
lots of issues, but the gameplan was putrid , its like they changed everything they had been doing for this game.

If your going with Dak, let DQ and MM go, you cant trust them.
Infection_Ag11
AG
mncag said:

weak game plan from the start.

If you know you have problems running the ball and stopping the run why not go uptempo and put up points . They let Green Bay dictate flow of game then got behind and put to much pressure on Dak.
lots of issues, but the gameplan was putrid , its like they changed everything they had been doing for this game.

If your going with Dak, let DQ and MM go, you cant trust them.

MM had random moments this year where he reverted to the Kellen Moore/Jason Garrett habit of predictably running on first down and running on 2nd and 10 after an incompletion. It didn't happen a lot but it definitely happened today.

This offense was at its best throwing in first down. Dak on first down had a stupid good QBR this year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
The Cowboys Achilles Heel is the run defense. Quinn is overrated, and he designed the defense to be a pass rush team first. Good teams neutralize the Cowboys defense by controlling the line of scrimmage and using mobile qbs to complete throws down field.

You do not promote a DC to head coach after today's performance. The Cowboys have to bring in a DC that can force 3rd and longs and not give up 5+ yards a carry.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
FireAg
AG
This roster with Belichick is what I think Jerry will pursue…

We can debate it as right or wrong all we want, but this is what I think the future holds…
MSCAg
AG
I think if there is a chance to get someone like Vrabel or Harbaugh, then you definitely make the call.

Beyond that, it would be stupid to fire MC for another past prime coach like Belicheck or Carrol.

Wouldn't mind looking at an up and coming coordinator.
94chem
Vince Young was 31-19 as a starter.

McCarthy can't keep his job just because he piles up regular season wins.

Name one signature win he had this season.
At SF - fail
At Buffalo - fail
At Miami - fail
At Philly - fail

DET at home - miraculous escape
Philly at home - doesn't count

Sure, he can bludgeon haples teams with journeyman QB's. So what.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ozamataz Buckshank 01 said:

The Cowboys Achilles Heel is the run defense. Quinn is overrated, and he designed the defense to be a pass rush team first. Good teams neutralize the Cowboys defense by controlling the line of scrimmage and using mobile qbs to complete throws down field.

You do not promote a DC to head coach after today's performance. The Cowboys have to bring in a DC that can force 3rd and longs and not give up 5+ yards a carry.

I posted it yesterday, and a few weeks ago as well. If the Cowboys didn't have Micah Parsons how good would their D be?

I'd say they'd be very very mediocre possibly even leaning bad.

It's time to move on from McCarthy and Quinn. I don't know who they should hire as that's not my job to know that.
MaxPower
Project Gemini said:

He won a Super Bowl. It is a gross misstatement of fact to say as a coach he cannot win in the playoffs.
Many would argue winning one Super Bowl with 13 years of prime Aaron Rodgers is underachieving.
MookieBlaylock
AG
94chem said:

At SF - fail
At Buffalo - fail
At Miami - fail
At Philly - fail

only in your make believe world does the Det and philly games not count
Project Gemini
AG
Perhaps, but the point still stands that the original post is absolutely a false statement. He has won in the playoffs plenty of times, its just that none of them have been with the Cowboys. Which is not unique to Mike McCarthy for the last few decades.
94chem
MookieBlaylock said:

94chem said:

At SF - fail
At Buffalo - fail
At Miami - fail
At Philly - fail

only in your make believe world does the Det and philly games not count
Only in your make-believe world does reading partial posts count. Or perhaps you believe DET was a signature win.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
45-70Ag
AG
It doesn't matter who the coach is, Jerry isn't serious about winning. He intentionally stands in the way of it and refuses to change how he does things.

As long as he's in control and there isn't a GM in place who knows what they're doing, the cowboys will continue to be what they are……..an overhyped team that doesn't deserve the attention it generates.
ac
Are the Cowboys going to join the list of teams that want to interview Bobby Slowik? Some websites have mentioned him as a potential replacement for McCarthy.
Yellerjacket
ABATTBQ11 said:

It's not McCarthy. It's the cowboys. No other team chokes as hard in the playoffs. They will not get near another Superbowl until Jerry is dead or sells.
This is the first year in a while they have choked. The last two years weren't chokes. They just didn't have the best team. Period. Just like if they would have gone to the NFC championship this year. Losing to the 9ers in SF would not have been a choke. It would have been expected.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yes beating Detroit counts and is a signature win whatever the hell that means

mncag
I still say McCarthy is not to be trusted in the playoffs. that was one of the biggest choke jobs I've seen and being a Cowboy fan since the '70s
birdman
Beating Philly and Detroit were both good wins. When you say otherwise, you look silly.

Losing to Packers would have been a disappointing game. Being completely unprepared on offense and defense was embarrassing. Not making proper adjustments during the game on either side of ball was inept.
45-70Ag
AG
45-70Ag
AG
SnowboardAg
AG
Yet he deserves Mahomes pay. Haha…I would trade him off.
ac04
baffling game plan and preparation yesterday. negligent.
MountainAg99
AG
FireAg said:

This roster with Belichick is what I think Jerry will pursue…

We can debate it as right or wrong all we want, but this is what I think the future holds…

Aligned with you FireAg. I think Jerry will let the games play out today and then make a decision no later than Wednesday.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.