Oilers Fans Unite!!

2,613 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SgtBarbarossa
Ag in Tiger Country
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a HUGE Oilers fan; I suffered the biggest case of butt-hurt when they left. I didn't care about the Texans UNTIL this year when they beat the Titans who had the nerve to wear the retro Oilers uniforms; since the Cowboys crapped the bed in epic fashion yesterday, I say all like-minded former Oilers fans get behind this Texans team- especially since it's the only Texas team left in the Playoffs (besides Detroit to a large extent, who has too many awesome Aggies on that team to ignore).

BTW: Dak repeatedly trying to force the ball to Lamb looked like Johnson this season only throwing to his brother; it was pathetic.

Also, this post is mainly cathartic; perhaps I'm just trying to cope with the abortion that Dallas dropped on the field yesterday & reconcile the pain of the Dallas disaster with the Texans' display of promise.
HarryRocket
You get one
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Haven't you been paying attention the Oilers fans are laughing at the cowboys loss yesterday and the cowboys fans are talking down to Houston as usual.
halfastros81
AG
I was an Oilers fan in spite of the ownership. The Adam's family ownership was average at best and the constant pressure for the County/city taxpayers to pony up to
Improve the stadium was exhausting. The ongoing spitefulness of the Adams family says a lot imo.

I don't hate the current Texan's ownership. They have showed a lot of incompetency but no hate or spite . Seems like they may have finally stumbled upon some good management and coaching.
The Porkchop Express
As excited as I am about the current Texans, I would trade 10 Texan Super Bowl titles for just 1 for my guys back in the late 70s or early 90s.
ac
Was an Oilers fan growing up and into young adulthood despite Bud Adams. There were always players & coaches that I really liked who could offset my disdain for Bud or some of the people he hired. But after the move, I switched to the Texans and developed a hatred towards the Titans due to their ownership.

Unlike many Texan fans, I have no real hate towards the Cowboys though. As a fan of the game, they've had past coaches & players that I've admired & respected. And since they play in the other conference, I don't think of them as a Texans rival. I'm certainly not going to gloat over their abysmal performance of yesterday. I sure couldn't have predicted it.
Kraft Punk
I'm too busy laughing at cowboys fans for the 23 straight year of blaming their coach & front office for their qb's garbage performance

Pretty glorious
Kenneth_2003
AG
1). Cowboys own more real estate in their haters hearts than their fans

2). I will never not have a deep oozing hatred for every member of the Adams family and wish them an eternity in hell.
AustinAg2K
I grew up an Oilers fan, but they skipped town when I was at A&M, and by the time the Texans showed up, I was longer living in Houston. I've been an NFL Nomad ever since, wandering aimlessly through the desert of the NFL season, randomly watching games I have no rooting interest in. It has been really hard to get into the Texans because they are typically terrible, which means their games won't be televised for me. Hopefully this young core means they'll be good for a while, and it'll make it easier to follow them.
The Porkchop Express
The only good thing about the Oilers leaving is that it got me interested in fantasy football to bridge the gap.
Complete Idiot
Any old Oiler die-hards watch this?

30 years on, I still find myself getting worked up about it if I stop and think about their departure and Adams locking down the Oilers name.
Southlake
The Oilers were The Oilers. Nobody else is The Oilers. Not the Titans. Not the Texans.

Luv Ya Blue cannot be replaced or represented or even misrepresented.

And, Renfro was in, dammit!
SgtBarbarossa
I grew up a Houston Oilers fan, then when they left for Tennessee I adopted the Dallas Cowboys. Then, after I was already invested in Dallas for several years (post 90s success) Houston got the Texans and I ended up being a fan of both. It didn't feel right jumping off the Cowboys bandwagon so quickly for another team (and I had already learned to hate the NFC East rivals) so I pull for both Texas teams and now it's been 20+ years.

I do look forward to the new uniforms possibly using an H-town blue, though

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.