Hip-Drop tackle? Kick Off formation

1,245 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by boy09
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, no horse collar, no hitting below the waist for QBs. No hitting a defense- less player….

But how does a player tackle from behind? Ride him high and let him carry you 5 yards?

And , have you seen the new kick-offs?

This is football right?
Langley
No it's a shadow of its former self
The Porkchop Express
Next year they will add that defenders can't use their hands.
Ornithopter
AG
I get not wanting a defender to fall on someone's legs intentionally. Makes sense
redag06
Many gms believe hip drop won't actually be called, but I'm sure it will be called in crucial moment benefitting the Paddie Mahomes
AG
Ornithopter said:

I get not wanting a defender to fall on someone's legs intentionally. Makes sense

And yet a cut block is still legal. Most dangerous block in football. Absolutely ruins guys' knees, but by all means...
PatAg
AG
Southlake said:

So, no horse collar, no hitting below the waist for QBs. No hitting a defense- less player….

But how does a player tackle from behind? Ride him high and let him carry you 5 yards?

This is football right?
hip drop tackles are not the only way to tackle someone from behind, and a lot of the tackles they want out of the game are more from the side than behind.
its not how you are taught to tackle
Southlake
PatAg said:

Southlake said:

This is football right?
hip drop tackles are not the only way to tackle someone from behind, and a lot of the tackles they want out of the game are more from the side than behind.
its not how you are taught to tackle
You are not really taught how to tackle from behind. Not much from the side either. Most tackle drills are head on or Oklahoma
DannyDuberstein
AG
Going to be impossible to enforce this consistently. The NFL sets its officiating which is already struggling up for failure with this rule
boy09
AG
I think the kickoff rule is cool and good. And the hip drop tackle rule is good and won't be as big of a deal as everyone is making it seem.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.