Shel Winkley leaving KBTX

12,429 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Bad Poster
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good chance Shel will be at Kinderhill Brewery's last day today for those who want to say goodbye and wish him well in his new gig.
RafterAg223
AG
I liked the guy and his work on KBTX until he became very political about everything related to the weather. Anything that happened somehow was as a result of man made climate change and he started posting graphs and data from Climate Central as though they were bible. Climate Central is extremely politically charged and they admit as much on their website. When people started calling him on this stuff, he grew increasingly defensive and wouldn't even try and defend his position. He would simply block and ignore, thus shutting those people out from any information feed when actually serious weather events would occur. Certain individuals in this world should be apolitical in front of the public. I believe meteorologists are one of those.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
And...... it's time to move this to the politics board

[It is local news and we will allow posts that talk about the local weather channels. -Staff]
9dag
AG
I can't even watch him any more.

Please just get him out of here at let Max bring it.

It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
EBrazosAg
AG
Check his latest Instagram. My point would be a majority can be wrong any day or month. I need not reference from current elected or appointed officials to tell me the same.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
befitter
HRGuy said:

I can't even watch him any more.

Please just get him out of here at let Max bring it.

Exactly. I've had to turn the volume off with Shel so I don't have to listen to the nonsense...just give me the weather forecast and quit making up new ridiculous "climate stats" that don't exist. Looking forward to Max.
EBrazosAg
AG
Shel confirmed Climate Central without saying "Climate Central " on his last 6pm just now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
Now it makes sense why he talked about "climate" more and more
MiMi
S
I loved his reporting when serious weather was forecast. His live updates were welcome. But everything else just seemed liked a working interview for the gig he is transitioning to at Climate Central.
mason12
AG
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2022/02/weatherman-climate-change/621630/

This The Atlantic article is from 2022 highlighting Shel and his work using data from Climate Central.
maroon barchetta
Meanwhile, my childhood classmate that lives in Helsinki says he should have left the snow tires on longer because they are having unusually cold conditions for spring.
happyinBCS
his new guy Max is blocking a great golf game now, so I guess Shell trained him well.
legalbird
Max covering the storm now. Max, don't look at computer too much, and don't say um.

Gotta get the TV viewers excited.!!
Hornbeck
Dude, look at the camera every now and again.
TyHolden
AG
Max weather boner?
happyinBCS
Max is wayyyy worse than Shel
I thought that could never happen.
He blocked national programming for over 2 hours.
Insainaty
TyHolden
AG
happyinBCS said:

Insainaty
there's 2 tornadoes in the area according to radar.

Edit: 4 rotations
FlyRod
"Hate transference"… it happens fast.
techno-ag
AG
If he didn't, people would complain he doesn't cover storms and tornado warnings.
Tailgate88
AG
We have DirecTV and the ONLY time we watch KBTX is the 10:00 news. Otherwise, the CBS channel out of Waco is Hi-Def. Golf is nearly unwatchable in standard definition...

Hammerheadjim
AG
happyinBCS said:

Insainaty
LOL, what's so important to watch on CBS Sunday night? Severe weather trumps 60 minutes.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
maroon barchetta
Hammerheadjim said:

happyinBCS said:

Insainaty
LOL, what's so important to watch on CBS Sunday night? Severe weather trumps 60 minutes.

Maybe happyinBCS is secretly Elaine Benes.
Dufflepud
mason12 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Working from home for Climate Central is my guess…

https://www.climatecentral.org/meteorologist-shel-winkley

Interesting that he had an article with them already.

Holy Moses, this bunch is like a religious cult. They should wear robes and have CC armbands.
Bad Poster
Dufflepud said:

mason12 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Working from home for Climate Central is my guess…

https://www.climatecentral.org/meteorologist-shel-winkley

Interesting that he had an article with them already.

Holy Moses, this bunch is like a religious cult. They should wear robes and have CC armbands.

Looks like a demotion. To each their own.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.