Mail theft

1,784 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Stupe
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, it didn't make sense. The mail was incoming, not outgoing. Either way, have a secured way of receiving mail other than mail boxes.
Stupe
S
That post doesn't make sense.

Why would people take credit cards to the post office to mail off?
maroon barchetta
No kidding.

The postal carrier puts that stuff into your mailbox at home.
Tailgate88
AG
We paid off a car recently and were expecting the title in the mail. My USPS Informed Delivery showed me a picture of an envelope that said "IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED" from our lender. The envelope never made it in our mailbox. I ended up getting a lien release from the lender and am headed to the tax office to request a replacement title.
dallasiteinsa02
Tailgate88 said:

We paid off a car recently and were expecting the title in the mail. My USPS Informed Delivery showed me a picture of an envelope that said "IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED" from our lender. The envelope never made it in our mailbox. I ended up getting a lien release from the lender and am headed to the tax office to request a replacement title.

USPS will take no responsibility. They hide behind that the scan occurs in Houston and who knows if it ends up in BCS.

I wish some organization would run a sting operation.
maroon barchetta
My son is house and dog sitting for some people. He got home from class today and their mailbox was open and there was a rock inside the mailbox.

What does that mean?
EBrazosAg
AG
Low, slow and nimble meteors?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bucketrunner
FlyRod
Might want to invest in mailboxes with locks? Guessing the big box stores sell such things.
Moy
Was the rock on top of the mail? Is the mailbox on a county road? Our rural route postal carrier will place a rock from our gravel road on our mail when it's windy so if the door blows open the mail doesn't blow out.
maroon barchetta
There was no mail.

But that's a good point.
Stupe
S
When we lived on a rural route, the flag up and a rock in the mailbox meant that there was a package on the porch that was too big for the mailbox.

My parents didn't want it sitting on the road.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.