Bush-Wellborn intersection project - we need your input

2,309 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Gameday Traffic Guy
Gameday Traffic Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,
Have you heard about the improvement project at the intersection of George Bush Drive and Wellborn Road? The Texas Department of Transportation has funding to build wider streets under the railroad track and improve bicycle and pedestrian travel in the area. During the construction, some of the streets in the area will be closed travelers will be required to use other streets, sidewalks, and bike lanes.

The Texas A&M Transportation Institute is developing programs to help travelers during the construction. This survey is an important part of those programs. It asks you to describe the ways you use the intersection, the information you use, and the options you might choose. The survey will only take 10 minutes and the first time you use the new information, you will save more time than that!

Here's the link: https://tti.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8jewAGfa9bTq5rU

To learn more about the project, visit BWX-BCS.org.
Or see these stories:
WTAW - Bill Oliver
https://wtaw.com/update-on-building-the-new-interchange-at-wellborn-road-and-george-bush-drive/
KBTX Megan Calongne
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/18/drivers-invited-participate-survey-upcoming-college-station-road-work/

Thanks very much for your time!
HowdyAgs03
AG
Done.
maroon barchetta
During finals week?

Really?

You couldn't wait until after graduation?

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/25/expect-delays-next-week-wellborn-road-george-bush-drive/
LightningDammitt
AG
maroon barchetta said:

During finals week?

Really?

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/25/expect-delays-next-week-wellborn-road-george-bush-drive/

Lol.... they will still be working on this underpass construction come Fall 2024 Graduation.... maybe even spring 2025 Graduation....
scd88
AG
Done. Thanks for posting.
maroon barchetta
This is not the start if the project. This is preliminary investigative work.

Waiting a week would not be a problem.
LightningDammitt
AG
maroon barchetta said:

This is not the start if the project. This is preliminary investigative work.

Waiting a week would not be a problem.

Thanx... to clarify, I was commemting on the "underpass construction" project lingering on past fall 2024.
cypress-ag
AG
Why is there no final vision of this project available that is current?
woodometer
AG
At the pace this project has been progressing it will still be lingering in the fall 2034
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

During finals week?

Really?

New plan.
There will be boring this weekend, but it will not involve lane closures.
The lane closure work will begin May 12th - the day after final graduation ceremonies and while Aggie Baseball is out of town.
Remember - boring is not always boring.
maroon barchetta
This is good (and smart) news.

It is better when boring is actually boring.
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

This is good (and smart) news.

It is better when boring is actually boring.
I dig it!
chickencoupe16
AG
Knowing how much water pools on Wellborn between 2818 and Rock Prairie, I fully expect to need an amphibious vehicle to get through this intersection
maroon barchetta
chickencoupe16 said:

Knowing how much water pools on Wellborn between 2818 and Rock Prairie, I fully expect to need an amphibious vehicle to get through this intersection

Two rain days ago (not the storm this past Sunday, but the big storms the week before), a CSPD cruiser blocked the far right lane between Cain and Deacon so people wouldn't hit that deep water going 45mph.

The drainage in that area after that long project is disappointing.
chickencoupe16
AG
maroon barchetta said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Two rain days ago (not the storm this past Sunday, but the big storms the week before), a CSPD cruiser blocked the far right lane between Cain and Deacon so people wouldn't hit that deep water going 45mph.

The drainage in that area after that long project is disappointing.
I just can't understand how the road was built so poorly and how it has not yet been fixed. The far right lane is the worst but even the middle lane is bad. Only the left lane is safe which leads to mass hysteria of lane changes and braking in slippery conditions. On the other hand, my daughter does love the water spraying so that's something.
91_Aggie
AG
i didn't click on the survey, but i would like to see medians added to the Bezel on the A&M logo.

etmydst
AG
Is the project complete?
chickencoupe16
AG
etmydst said:

Is the project complete?

As far as I can tell. Hasn't been any major work in a month or more. There may be some small loose ends here or there but I can't think of any that I've noticed. And either way, the amount of pooling is insane and should have been addressed long ago even if only temporarily.
iisanaggie
AG
Anyone remember how long it has been since they "started" this project. I know they bought a lot of the property on the southeast corner several years ago. There were meetings about it during Karan Watson's tenure as Provost, and she hasn't been in that role since 2017. Back then, they made it sound like it was happening soon.
TAMU1990
AG
EvenPar
AG
It'll be completed before South College Ave.
TAMU1990
AG
A&M should make all temp shuttle stops permanent. There needs to be more bus routes for the students.
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
iisanaggie said:

Anyone remember how long it has been since they "started" this project. I know they bought a lot of the property on the southeast corner several years ago. There were meetings about it during Karan Watson's tenure as Provost, and she hasn't been in that role since 2017. Back then, they made it sound like it was happening soon.
TxDOT started the analysis in 1999, received environmental clearance in 2008, and got enough funding in 2022. TxDOT is still trying to decide how to build the best project, but we really need your input. So please fill out the survey!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.