New Landcruiser vs Lexus GX 550

15,048 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Choward4
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I watched that. His biggest issue wouldn't be a problem in the U.S., according to what he says. The hump is an issue for right-hand drive, but not left-hand drive. And I doubt most European owners would be driving long enough to make it an issue.
tk for tu juan
Add an aftermarket skid plate before hitting the sand dunes…

tk for tu juan
chris1515
AG
My rough estimate is that over 150,000 miles, you'll spend about $5,000 more on gas for the GX than you would for the LC. And if gas spikes above 3.50 a gallon that would go up more.

I'm anxious to see the details on a hybrid GX. I've seen its likely coming with the 2025 model year.
Speculation is it will be the same system as the LC. And since the GX is a heavier vehicle, I assume it will get lower mpg than the LC, but hopefully not by much.
tk for tu juan
Towing his trailer starts around 39:00

'03ag
tk for tu juan said:

Towing his trailer starts around 39:00

If anyone is unfamiliar with this guy, he has a popular family overlanding channel. Between their 5th gen 4runner and GX460 he's got over 100k miles of actual unpaved miles under his belt. A large chunk of those they've pulled some kind of adventure trailer.
AustinCountyAg
chris1515 said:

My rough estimate is that over 150,000 miles, you'll spend about $5,000 more on gas for the GX than you would for the LC. And if gas spikes above 3.50 a gallon that would go up more.

I'm anxious to see the details on a hybrid GX. I've seen its likely coming with the 2025 model year.
Speculation is it will be the same system as the LC. And since the GX is a heavier vehicle, I assume it will get lower mpg than the LC, but hopefully not by much.
this is what we are waiting on. my wife wants a new gx, but I dont want to deal with premium. I already have to have it in my truck and it gets annoying in terms of seeing the price at the pump every week. I'd rather not have to deal with it for both our vehicles.
agracer
AG
The GX front end isn't to bad, but jebus, the new Lexus front end for some of their models is just awful. They really need to work on that!

Ham Slice MRE
AG
Just got a quote for the LC first addition. $77k plus a $20k dealer markup.
AgRN16
AG
Ham Slice MRE said:

FTAco07
AG
Ham Slice MRE said:

Haha. Almost $15k more than a a well optioned GX 550 OT+
AgRN16
AG
FTAco07 said:

Ham Slice MRE said:

Haha. Almost $15k more than a a well optioned GX 550 OT+

Exactly. Ridiculous.
El Chupacabra
any one else got a quote on the 2024 LC? are they at dealerships yet?
Choward4
AG
Offered LC FE at sticker plus $495 tint package. Had port options and was $79k. Expected in June 1. Was at the port. Waiting on non First Edition and is $9-10k cheaper.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.