Mazda Contact on the Board

840 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Counterpoint
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a Mazda contact on the board? Preferably in Houston.
MEENag
AG
Not in Houston… but I bought a CX50 a few months ago from Metro Mazda of Mesquite. Inquired with several dealers in DFW area and one in Waco. Metro replied the quickest and were ~$2k cheaper than any of the others. They said they are the Mazda volume leader in Texas. Salesman was Jay, but dealt with his manager Shawn too… all over the phone in very short, easy conversations. Once I got to the dealer that evening, everything was as discussed and we were in and out in 1.5 hours, including a test drive.
combustion artist
AG
How is the cx50? Starting to consider it to replace my Audi q5
12th Man Ag
AG
MEENag said:

Not in Houston… but I bought a CX50 a few months ago from Metro Mazda of Mesquite. Inquired with several dealers in DFW area and one in Waco. Metro replied the quickest and were ~$2k cheaper than any of the others. They said they are the Mazda volume leader in Texas. Salesman was Jay, but dealt with his manager Shawn too… all over the phone in very short, easy conversations. Once I got to the dealer that evening, everything was as discussed and we were in and out in 1.5 hours, including a test drive.

Thank you. Probably going with the CX-50 too. Did you drive the CX-5 too as a comparison?
IntensivePurposes
AG
This is off topic, but why is there a guy named Shawn (Sean) at every car dealership in the state of Texas?
combustion artist
AG
Haven't driven one yet. Just like what I've read and like Mazda overall
MEENag
AG
My wife drove the CX5, CX30 and CX50. She did not note any significant differences. We chose the Cx50 based on looks and being less common… there are tons of CX5s in our area. The CX50 had to go to the dealer today because the AC wasn't cooling at all. A loose connection in the refrigerant line resulted in a leak. They fixed that and recharged it and sent us in our way. Hopefully this is not a sign of future issues (only 800 miles on it so far with teen driver). Otherwise it has been good. It certainly is sharp looking.
MEENag
AG
IntensivePurposes said:

This is off topic, but why is there a guy named Shawn (Sean) at every car dealership in the state of Texas?

Our Shawn was very car dealer bro, but made us a great deal and was honest. Your parenthesis are funny because I have a paper on my desk still from when I talked to them, on which I wrote "Sean(Shawn)".
Counterpoint
AG
Did any of you look at Douglass Mazda in Bryan? Just wondering how they compare. I know places around here have a bad rep because of Allen Honda, but I don't think I've heard anything (good or bad) about Douglass.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.