Pathfinder vs Telluride

1,829 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by bevokilla
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife's old 2-row SUV has crapped out and we're looking at moving to the 3-row SUV with kids in the future. She's pretty set on either a Telluride or a Pathfinder.

Probably going to get a gently used one that's only a year or two old with low mileage. She really likes the Telluride but we've heard about issues with reliability. Haven't really heard about issues with the Pathfinder.

Any recommendations or things we should look for?
dodger02
AG
What reliability issues?
wangus12
AG
Seen some complaints about Kia and transmission issues (might be old news at this point). Have a friend who is the regional manager for National Tire and Battery/Midas that said Tellurides like to leak oil from the housing and that the part is always on backorder.
dubi
AG
Hyundai Palisade = Telluride
Mas89
AG
Lexus gx 460. Let her drive one.
Mookie
AG
Pathfinder will have greater depreciation relative to new if you are going the used route ie better value
drumboy
AG
If you're thinking of having kids then just go with a Suburban or minivan.
The Pilot
AG
Mas89 said:

Have you driven a fully loaded telluride? I haven't driven a gx 460 but Kia and Hyundai have loaded these with a ton of features that hit a HR with the ladies. We have a palisade.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
We have been happy with 2022 Pathfinder so far! I love the interior and features, and knock on wood it has been reliable. I recognize it is not as "luxurious" as other brands but ticks all the boxes and is worth a test drive. We also have a Toyota Highlander and I prefer the interior of the Pathfinder personally.

One thing is that the Pathfinder 3rd row is totally boxed in whereas the Highlander has a pass-through between rear seat captains chairs. In case that is an issue for yall. We only use the 3rd row occasionally and my son likes being in his "cave."
SteveA
AG
Gx460 doesn't drive that great.
Choward4
AG
GX460 drives better than most SUVs out there built to be a SUV (not a Macan type). In fact one of the gripes of the new GX550 is that it lost some of the specialness feeling of the 460. Also will be bullet proof and value will always be higher than completion.
Mas89
AG
No but I've ridden in the neighbors several times. It is nice inside but lately it's been in the shop several times for various issues.
We have been happy with two different gx's since 2016. Glad to have the Awd the few times it has been needed in ice/ snow. Reliability is more important to us than the latest tech. Great dealership service and the loaner car always provided by the service department make it a deal or us.
EMY92
AG
Mas89 said:

Isn't that $20-30,000 more than the models the OP listed?
Scruffy
AG
Having driven a lit of rentals. I'd go with the Nissan over the Kia.
jja79
AG
Bought a Telluride new 3 years ago and can't be more satisfied with it.
Mas89
AG
I have no idea on Kia / Nissan cost. Seems like the new 23 gx was around 63. Luxury edition 71 iirc.
Sold our 16 gx with 102k miles for 25 last year which was almost half what we had purchased it for.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Look at a Grand Highlander from Toyota if serious about third row, but don't want a full size Tahoe or Minivan. It'll have the best third row of the mid size suv and be extremely reliable.
fixer
Pathfinder and Highlander. Everything else is a compromise.
FIDO*98*
AG
wangus12 said:

My wife's old 2-row SUV has crapped out and we're looking at moving to the 3-row SUV with kids in the future.

Any recommendations or things we should look for?

Do the smart thing
bonfarr
AG
Subaru Ascent for the win, AWD and the wife loves her Onyx Edition..
Guitarsoup
AG
If your choice is Nissan vs something else, don't pick the Nissan unless your credit score is <500
bevokilla
AG
Kia or Hyundai over Nissan. If you go Pathfinder, do not under any circumstances get one from 2020 or earlier as they come with the CVT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.