2023 NCAA Tournament (Other Games)

5,721 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by MookieBlaylock
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is Clemson's first College Cup and BYU's second.
7 of the 60 tournament games have gone to overtime. 2 of them went to a shootout.
The home team advanced 47 out of 51 games.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
so your saying the teams that have a great regular season and don't tie terrible teams, go far

Diego
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

so your saying the teams that have a great regular season and don't tie terrible teams, go far

Gotta score more than zero goals in a game to have a chance to win
CDub06
AG
Diego said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Gotta score more than zero goals in a game to have a chance to win
Nah. You don't even need a shot.

"LOS ANGELES - Despite being outshot 21-0, Texas A&M managed to pull off the upset over seventh-seeded UCLA on penalty kicks (3-1) after playing to a 0-0 tie Saturday evening in a third-round NCAA match at UCLA's Drake Stadium. Texas A&M (20-4-1) moves on to the NCAA quarterfinals and will take on second-seeded North Carolina."
MookieBlaylock
AG
Nov. 23, 2002

21 years ago same problems....
mullokmotx
AG
FSU up 2-0 on Clemson in the semi with 37 minutes to go.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Clemson coach made 3 substitutions with 3 minutes left so those players could get to play in a College cup game.
FSU wins 2-0.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Wow. Stanford with 2 goals in the first 4 minutes against BYU.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
BYU outshoots Stanford 20-3 but 2 of Stanford's shots go in.
mullokag
DuncanField91
AG
Ags with the closest game against FSU. Just saying we had the best chance of beating them…
MookieBlaylock
AG
Transitive national Champs!
MookieBlaylock
AG
If FSU blows this, it's gonna add to the bad day

HiddenAg2
Went back and watched some of the games I missed. That BYU comeback over UNC is probably the greatest comeback ever in NCAA tournament history. I've never seen a meltdown like that, especially from a team like UNC. It was incredible. How do you lose a 3-0 lead with 25 minutes left in the game? Will surely be Anson's worst moment of his career. Also, that was the first field storming by fans I think I've ever seen after a game.

A&M did give FSU their toughest game of the tournament, so that's nice. However, I'm concerned about next season with the recent departures of Hayes and Boeckman. Hope we hit the portal hard in the offseason and that the incoming freshmen class is better than advertised.
mullokmotx
AG
FSU halfway to the natty. Dudley got tripped in the box and made the PK, and then Jody Brown scored 26 seconds later to make it 2 nil at the half.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Wow. FSU gave up their first goal of the tournament after 6 minutes in the second half, but score on 2 breakaways in the next 10 minutes. 4-1.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
mullokmotx said:

Wow. FSU gave up their first goal of the tournament after 6 minutes in the second half, but score on 2 breakaways in the next 10 minutes. 4-1.

Yeah they good

Is the coach they fired last year still available?
mullokmotx
AG
Dudley accidently elbows a Stanford player in the mouth and the Stanford player looked like she was holding a couple of teeth in her hand.
mullokag
Mir San Mir
AG
Dudley should have two yellow cards (red) by now. Talented player but plays like a thug.
mullokmotx
AG
Stanford had given up 10 goals in 24 games and gave up 5 tonight. FSU averaged 4 goals a game in the tournament in games against teams not named Texas A&M.
I believe Mark Krikorian resigned from FSU in a contract dispute. He had some nerve asking for more money and a longer contract after winning 3 national championships. I think he is now with the Washington Spirit of the NWSL.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
I agree. Refs spend a lot of time talking to her. Should be less talking and more writing in the book.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
There was no way FSU was losing that game tonight

Their 2nd goal was a master class

HiddenAg2
mullokmotx said:

I believe Mark Krikorian resigned from FSU in a contract dispute. He had some nerve asking for more money and a longer contract after winning 3 national championships. I think he is now with the Washington Spirit of the NWSL.
If A&M were ever to make a change, my first call would be to Mark and ask him what it would take to come coach in college again.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The call needs to be made prior to the change- and made yesterday
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.