Trevor Bauer suspended for 324 games

15,128 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by alvtimes
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The whole "disliked by their teammates" is a BS excuse, especially for a starting pitcher. The pitchers, and position players barely cross paths throughout a day, and a starter can really space out his entire day to avoid everyone damn near if he chooses. That is way overused.
Oh, come on. These guys spend spring training and a round-a-bout 90 days on the road together, spend hundreds (thousands) of hours on the same planes and busses, share a clubhouse, and a starting pitcher is sitting in the dugout 4 out of every 5 games.

Even if "pretend he's not really on the team" was a viable option.....it absolutely is not....that would depend on Bauer keeping his mouth shut and sitting quietly in the corner. Which he has never really done.

As for anyone who might have "done worse", pro athletes across sports have shown they can ignore a lot of stuff that happens in the off-season or far away from the team, but they will jump all over you if bring drama or problems into the locker room or team bus.

Bauer has clashed with nearly every team he's been on since high school, at least. He literally graduated high school early because he couldn't find a way to get along with his teammates.
jkag89
Old video but give some insight on why teams might be shying away from him even if they are willing to over look the poor pub they would receive picking him up his waiver.
AustinCountyAg
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

The whole "disliked by their teammates" is a BS excuse, especially for a starting pitcher. The pitchers, and position players barely cross paths throughout a day, and a starter can really space out his entire day to avoid everyone damn near if he chooses. That is way overused.
Oh, come on. These guys spend spring training and a round-a-bout 90 days on the road together, spend hundreds (thousands) of hours on the same planes and busses, share a clubhouse, and a starting pitcher is sitting in the dugout 4 out of every 5 games.

Even if "pretend he's not really on the team" was a viable option.....it absolutely is not....that would depend on Bauer keeping his mouth shut and sitting quietly in the corner. Which he has never really done.

As for anyone who might have "done worse", pro athletes across sports have shown they can ignore a lot of stuff that happens in the off-season or far away from the team, but they will jump all over you if bring drama or problems into the locker room or team bus.

Bauer has clashed with nearly every team he's been on since high school, at least. He literally graduated high school early because he couldn't find a way to get along with his teammates.
you're way overselling the amount of time these guys spend together and their "closeness". Yes, some guys on the teams are tight and hang out a lot, but you don't have to be if you don't want to.

And a starting pitcher doesn't have to spend 4 out of every 5 days in the dugout. I know of several who've spend zero game days in the dugout and who get there workouts in during the games so don't have to be around teammates. I know of relief pitchers as well who as soon as they pitch in the game, go in the clubhouse and do what they need to do then leave ASAP often times gone before the game is over. These are outlier circumstances, but then again Bauer is an outlier type of personality.

AustinCountyAg
I'd like to also add that love him or hate him the dude is a lose cannon and whenever he takes the mound you want to watch. He's good for ratings and entertainment purposes.
toucan82
has he had a showcase or anything?
Tibbers
Maybe he could pitch for the Bombers?
TXAggie2011
AG
And I think you're underselling it based on my experience working around a clubhouse and based on the players, coaches and staff I've known over the years.

I'm not saying you have to be close to your teammates to get a job, it probably is oversold in some circumstances, to your point, but you can't be an outspoken ******bag who has had documented problems with teammates in high school, college and multiple professional stops and then go ask teams to pay you but otherwise essentially forget you're on the team.

He's going to have convince a team that's really in need a pitcher that he'll be less abrasive and that he's worth a chance because he's that good a pitcher. He's not going to get signed if he's telling teams to just ignore his antics and personality.
TXAggie2011
AG
jkag89 said:

Old video but give some insight on why teams might be shying away from him even if they are willing to over look the poor pub they would receive picking him up his waiver.

Even if you don't care if a guy just wants to show up and do his own thing and go sit in the corner…Trevor Bauer has never been that dude. He acts out and he's going to make his team have to see it and deal with it.
Ag_07
AG
I forgot about him throwing a tantrum and hurling the ball over the CF wall after he was pulled from a game in Cleveland.

That was actually kinda funny in an embarrassing way.
Farmer1906
AG

Aggie1205
AG
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2023/06/13/trevor-bauer-new-sexual-assault-allegation-arizona/70319689007/

New accusation from 2020. He is counter suing.
n_touch
Aggie1205 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2023/06/13/trevor-bauer-new-sexual-assault-allegation-arizona/70319689007/

New accusation from 2020. He is counter suing.
Let me preface by saying I am not in anyway defending Bauer but explain to me this.

Day 1 he holds a knife to your throat, yet you did not feel that threatened enough to not meet him again alone and have sex with him? Im just not understanding how these encounters happen and then they agree to another round with him.
coconutED
AG
n_touch said:

Day 1 he holds a knife to your throat, yet you did not feel that threatened enough to not meet him again alone and have sex with him? I'm just not understanding how these encounters happen and then they agree to another round with him.
No money to be made walking away at the first sign of trouble. Let the abuse continue in order to build a case, then sue for $$$ when the time is right.
AustinAg2K
Seems like Trevor knows how to pick out real winners.
WoMD
AustinAg2K said:

Seems like Trevor knows how to pick out real winners.

The reverse is also true.

At this point, none of this bothers me at all, nor is it surprising. It's basically an example of garbage associating with garbage. Better that they stick with their own than **** up respectable peoples lives.
hawk1689
AG
I still think this is an injustice. They guy likes rough sex and his partners are mad because they didn't get the golden parachute. MLB has no business getting involved in his business.
Farmer1906
AG
cone
AG
that dude got railroaded
AggieEP
I still think he's a bit of a sketch human which is what has attracted these kind of girls to him. They sense that he's likely to put him in compromising situations and they are ready to pounce on him when he does.

For as smart as he tries to make himself out to be, he's a real idiot for being in this situation. Out of all of the thousands of professional athletes, he's the only one this has happened to, and it likely has cost him 100 million dollars.

That said, he should still be able to pitch in the MLB if Marcell Ozuna is allowed to play for the Braves.
RED AG 98
AG
If this turns out to be true -- if she did seek him out and try to frame it as depicted here -- this chick should be criminally prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Not only did she attempt to defraud Bauer, she has made it more difficult for other women in this actual situation.

I'm no Bauer fan but being an a-hole fool is not a crime (yet)...
Farmer1906
AG

She's the worst.
Jbob04
AG
Hope he sues MLB
HarryRocket
Some of you are weird with the hes a sketch dude so like it's kinda fair thing. Trash attracts trash and so on

Just not a good take. This is ****ed up. Him being weird and a dick doenst change that

AggieEP
I mean.... in this case he was asking for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2821508-trevor-bauer-on-his-rules-for-relationships-i-sleep-with-other-people.amp.html

He made it clear he was just after tail, and not surprisingly he found the worst kind of tail.

I think he should still be in MLB, but... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This isn't one of those, "it could happen to anyone" situations, it happened to Bauer because he created the conditions in his life for it to happen. The girl here appears to be real slime, but he let that slime into his life knowing what he had to lose.
Philip J Fry
AG
That's pretty close to blaming the woman for being raped because of the clothes she wears.
bigjag19
AG
Jeter should teach classes.
AustinCountyAg
bigjag19 said:

on how to pay hush money and keep the ****s he banged private?
AustinCountyAg
AggieEP said:

I still think he's a bit of a sketch human which is what has attracted these kind of girls to him. They sense that he's likely to put him in compromising situations and they are ready to pounce on him when he does.

For as smart as he tries to make himself out to be, he's a real idiot for being in this situation. Out of all of the thousands of professional athletes, he's the only one this has happened to, and it likely has cost him 100 million dollars.

That said, he should still be able to pitch in the MLB if Marcell Ozuna is allowed to play for the Braves.
It happened to him because he didn't pay up to the chick. This kind of crap is happening to A LOT of pro athletes. He just been the only one with balls to not give in to the ransom they wanted.
Lake08
Never let a hoe sleep over. Get her the f out! Call a car service or Uber.
nukeaggie2000
AG
what about former Astro Jacob Nix?
Carlo4
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

bigjag19 said:

Jeter aimed high (for what we thought was high at the time). Mariah Carey. Minka Kelly, ScarJo, Tyra Banks, Gabrielle Union, Jessica Biel/Alba, Adriana Lima. I'm sure I'm missing a few more supermodels.

This guy showed his pecker to any trailer park trash showing bewbs. Big difference.
cone
AG
yeah jeetz
AustinCountyAg
Carlo4 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

bigjag19 said:

Jeter aimed high (for what we thought was high at the time). Mariah Carey. Minka Kelly, ScarJo, Tyra Banks, Gabrielle Union, Jessica Biel/Alba, Adriana Lima. I'm sure I'm missing a few more supermodels.

This guy showed his pecker to any trailer park trash showing bewbs. Big difference.
those are the ones you know about. I can promise you he was sticking it in plenty of trash back then. Also a completely different day and age in terms of keeping thing out of the media, etc with no social media/text messaging/etc.

Jeter was no angel.
annie88
AG
Another woman who lied. Shocker.

Lots of people owe Bauer an apology, and this woman should be in jail and have to return the $300,000 of insurance money she got for God knows what.

Um…what the hell did she get insurance money for. And whoever that insurance company is, they need to sue her ass get the money back and push for jail time.

In what turned out to be an outstanding resolution for Lindsey, neither Lindsey nor anyone on her behalf paid anything to Bauer. Not a single dollar," Freedman said. "Even better, Lindsey received $300,000 from her insurance company. Based on that payment, Lindsey agreed to settle the lawsuit. Now that the lawsuit is over, Lindsey looks forward to helping others.

Trevor Bauer Speaks Out After Settling Lawsuits Tied to Sexual Assault Allegations

A legal battle that lasted over two years has come to an end after Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill agreed to settle their lawsuits without any payment.

Former Cy Young winner Trevor Bauer and his accuser, Lindsey Hill, have settled their respective defamation lawsuits, their lawyers announced Monday. Neither side paid the other any money during the years-long legal battle.

"Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill have settled all outstanding litigation. Both of their respective claims have been withdrawn with prejudice, effective today," Bauer's attorneys, Shawn Holley and Jon Fetterolf, said in a statement sent to TMZ. "Mr. Bauer did not make and never has made any payments to Ms. Hill, including to resolve their litigation. With this matter now at rest, Mr. Bauer can focus completely on baseball."

Bauer chimed in with his own thoughts on the resolution in a social media video on Monday, which also featured screenshots of messages and court documents from throughout the case.

Hill's attorney, Bryan Freedman, also spoke to TMZ about the settlements.

"In what turned out to be an outstanding resolution for Lindsey, neither Lindsey nor anyone on her behalf paid anything to Bauer. Not a single dollar," Freedman said. "Even better, Lindsey received $300,000 from her insurance company. Based on that payment, Lindsey agreed to settle the lawsuit. Now that the lawsuit is over, Lindsey looks forward to helping others."

Hill accused of Bauer of sexual assault and received a temporary restraining order against the pitcher back in June 2021. The restraining order was removed that August, and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced it would not file criminal charges against Bauer in February, but MLB commissioner Rob Manfred still handed down a record-breaking 324-game suspension in April.

Bauer launched defamation lawsuits against not only Hill, but also Deadspin, The Athletic and journalists Chris Baud and Molly Knight. Hill wound up countersuing Bauer.

An arbitrator ultimately reduced Bauer's suspension to 194 games last December. Regardless, the Los Angeles Dodgers designated Bauer for assignment and released him in January.

While Bauer had been reinstated, he did not sign with an MLB team for the 2023 season. Instead, Bauer inked a one-year deal with Yokohama DeNA BayStars in Nippon Professional Baseball, where he went 11-4 with a 2.59 ERA this season.

Bauer was one of the best pitchers in baseball before his 2021 campaign got cut short by his suspension.

The No. 3 overall pick in the 2011 MLB Draft made his big league debut with the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2012, only to get traded to the Cleveland Indians the following offseason. Bauer was a mainstay in Cleveland's rotation for six years, including during the club's trip to the World Series in 2016.

Bauer was named an All-Star in 2018, then got dealt to the Cincinnati Reds ahead of the 2019 trade deadline. After winning NL Cy Young during the COVID-shortened 2020 season, Bauer signed a three-year, $102 million contract with the Dodgers.

From 2018 to 2021, Bauer boasted a 3.07 ERA, 1.095 WHIP and 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings, which ranked ninth, ninth and eighth among qualified starting pitchers in that span.

Bauer, 32, will be a free agent this winter.

-Sam Connon
amercer
AG
Well if you are going to beat the **** out of a chick (or lots of them) while you are banging them, you need to get the paperwork signed ahead of time….

If that is your thing, just keep a lawyer in the room with you at all times. Or maybe, just find another kink that doesn't leave so much evidence
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.