Rangers to remain on Bally for 2024

7,159 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DallasAg 94
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why not dump YouTube and get Fubo instead?

While we can agree or disagree about whether or not it's BS(I think we all agree it is BS) at the end of the day there is a very simple solution for The Anchor that would solve his problem.
_lefraud_
AG
I'd gladly pay say, $600 a year to watch the Rangers via streaming service...and I doubt I'm in the minority.

We don't want programing, we want live sports. Nothing more, nothing less...just live sports.
Farmer1906
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I'd gladly pay say, $600 a year to watch the Rangers via streaming service...and I doubt I'm in the minority.

We don't want programing, we want live sports. Nothing more, nothing less...just live sports.
That is a little crazy.

Just get DirecTV and stream it. Bally, Space City, SECN, ESPN, MLBTV, etc can all be streamed on your phone, Roku, etc with the DTV App.
_lefraud_
AG
DirectTv is what, $100 a month minimum? I did away with that garbage in 2014 and haven't looked back.

It's silly that in 2024, I have one (terrible) option to watch my hometown team.
Farmer1906
AG
I agree its not ideal. You can do DTV Stream (non cable) or FUBO for ~$100-$115 a month. Baseball season is 6 months so it's close to your $600 amount.
BMX Bandit
The nba is dying. That's not the league you want to emulate.

And nothing you proposed solves that posters problem. If he wants to watch the Braves and he wants his kids to watch the Texas teams, that's going to take signing up for a platform that has all three. I don't think one exists.

Regardless of what MLB does does in the future, you're going to have to pay money to see all these games. That poster does not want to do that. Nothing wrong with that, it's his money. But it seems he's talking about a problem, but not wanting a solution.
The Anchor
AG
BMX Bandit said:

The nba is dying. That's not the league you want to emulate.

And nothing you proposed solves that posters problem. If he wants to watch the Braves and he wants his kids to watch the Texas teams, that's going to take signing up for a platform that has all three. I don't think one exists.

Regardless of what MLB does does in the future, you're going to have to pay money to see all these games. That poster does not want to do that. Nothing wrong with that, it's his money. But it seems he's talking about a problem, but not wanting a solution.

FWIW I wasn't complaining. I simply posted a possible fandom response to some of the MLB's TV deals. It's their choice and their money. After that I simply responded to direct questions.

I truly don't care what MLB team my boys root for as long as it isn't the Dodgers, Yankees, or Phillies.

agsalaska
AG
You never answered why you wont dump Youtubue and get FuBo
KT 90
AG
Just skimmed through most of this, but I do find it pretty odd that both the Rangers and the Astros are blacked out? Wth? Not sure why an area is "in region" or whatever they call it for both teams, when said teams are located 3+ hours apart. Seems like you should get one or the other at least.
The Anchor
AG
Because I don't want to. This isn't a high priority for me.

We don't usually sit down to watch games until mid to late June due to playing baseball and having fun outside. I'm not going to switch subscriptions for 2ish months of baseball.
CowtownAg06
AG
We all agree MLB's blackout rules are stupid. We all agree Bally is doing fans and team a disservice by not getting deals done with more providers (likely doing this for better terms in bankruptcy court). However, you are making this more difficult than it is. Switching from YTTV to FUBO for the summer and going back is really not hard. FUBO also have MLB network and YT does not. I don't like FUBOs interface and picture as much as YT but it's fine. I really hope YT adds an option for RSNs before April, but if they don't I'm switching again.

To the person that said the blackout maps are odd... you should see Iowa. I think 4 or 5 teams are blacked out there.
PatAg
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

We all agree MLB's blackout rules are stupid. We all agree Bally is doing fans and team a disservice by not getting deals done with more providers (likely doing this for better terms in bankruptcy court). However, you are making this more difficult than it is. Switching from YTTV to FUBO for the summer and going back is really not hard. FUBO also have MLB network and YT does not. I don't like FUBOs interface and picture as much as YT but it's fine. I really hope YT adds an option for RSNs before April, but if they don't I'm switching again.

To the person that said the blackout maps are odd... you should see Iowa. I think 4 or 5 teams are blacked out there.
People that do this are part of the reason Bally does not come to terms with other providers.
Farmer1906
AG
PatAg said:

CowtownAg06 said:

People that do this are part of the reason Bally does not come to terms with other providers.

So just don't watch your team? That'll show em.
The Anchor
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I am not making this difficult. I am not complaining. I am literally responding to questions after I said MLB shouldn't be blacking out teams if you pay for their service.

Goodness, some of you are making way too much of a deal out of this. I am moving on from this thread.
AustinAg2K
Does MLB.tv and a VPN not work anymore? That's what I ended up doing last year. I live in DFW, but want to watch the Astros. No cable provider in my area carries them. I looked at FUBO, but ultimately decided it was cheaper to go with MLB and a VPN. For the most part, this worked. Every once in a while I had to switch where I was connected, but that was pretty much it.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

PatAg said:

CowtownAg06 said:

So just don't watch your team? That'll show em.

Honestly, yeah. Money talks. It certainly would change things faster if people stopped paying for streaming services where you had to pay for the RSN.

I'm not delusional. I know why people don't and don't blame them. Fun to watch baseball and your team. It just doesn't give the owners any incentive to change.

Also some younger owners would help it change faster too.
Beat40
CowtownAg06 said:

YTTV has basically said FU to RSNs. I applaud them for it. Wish more networks would do the same.
Beat40
Boys, there is a ray of hope:

CowtownAg06
CowtownAg06
AG
For $200 you can get Dbacks and all MLBtv. I need both Ragners and Astros so would be interesting how that package would work.
NMAlamoAggie
AG
For all of you complaining about blackouts. I get blacked out of the Rangers, Astros, D-Backs, and Rockies where I live based on MLB.tvs absurd rules. It is extremely hard to watch Rangers games and I'm well over 500 miles from the stadium.
agsalaska
AG
Even in FuboTV?
NMAlamoAggie
AG
I'm going to check FUBO when it gets closer to Opening Day. My IP address shows me living in Artesia, NM when I am 75 miles from there. My zip code would only be blacked out of D-Backs and Rockies so I am hoping to win the argument with MLB.tv this year.
KT 90
AG
NMAlamoAggie said:

For all of you complaining about blackouts. I get blacked out of the Rangers, Astros, D-Backs, and Rockies where I live based on MLB.tvs absurd rules. It is extremely hard to watch Rangers games and I'm well over 500 miles from the stadium.
that's insane... you need to ***** about that. MLB probably won't care, but do it anyway
agsalaska
AG
Pulling for you
Leander - Ag
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Does MLB.tv and a VPN not work anymore? That's what I ended up doing last year. I live in DFW, but want to watch the Astros. No cable provider in my area carries them. I looked at FUBO, but ultimately decided it was cheaper to go with MLB and a VPN. For the most part, this worked. Every once in a while I had to switch where I was connected, but that was pretty much it.

What VPN did you use? As you know both teams are blacked out in Austin. They are idiots ….
45-70Ag
AG
I'll just go ahead and admit this because I really don't know how but I have no clue how to use or install a vpn.
Highway6
AG
I'm amazed at how a company operating in bankruptcy (Ballys) can call all the shots for MLB and the clubs for how games go to the consumer. They did not fulfill their end of the deal, yet they are allowed to dictate what MLB has to do. Something isn't right about this.
PatriotAg02
AG
i'm stuck with the occasional national game for now.
cr06gis
AG
Insanity

Seven Costanza
AG
The craziest one is Hawaii. The Mariners, A's, Giants, Dodgers, Padres, and Angels are all blacked out.
nai06
AG
Holy Hell, am I reading this right? Oklahoma is blacked out of Texas, Houston, KC, and St. Louis. As if living in Oklahoma wasn't bad enough already. At least Hawaii has scenic views and an ocean.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
So is fubo just another version of hulu?
The Anchor
AG
Update on this.

I purchased NordVPN. Then i downloaded it onto my TV. Today I got the Astros and Rangers games. I selected Canada.

Hope that helps someone here.
fc2112
Seven Costanza said:

The craziest one is Hawaii. The Mariners, A's, Giants, Dodgers, Padres, and Angels are all blacked out.
My brother is retired Marine and became a Padre fan while stationed at MCRD San Diego. He's retired to Oahu and has to pay for Fubo to watch them. Just mind boggling.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.