Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

55,745 Views | 1079 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by The Porkchop Express
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I ask again what is your response for some pitchers being allowed to change gloves or wash their hands… no comment still
I thought it was implied... sorry... if a pitcher, regardless of team affiliation is illegally using sticky stuff... they should be ejected and punished per agreement between MLB and MLBPA.

Don't give me this "no comment still" crap. I said if a Rangers SP was caught that they should be suspended.

Literally on this next page: <-ETA>
https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3452474/replies/67574017
Quote:

As a Rangers fan if Max cheated with the Rangers... he should be suspended. Nobody claimed Nelson Cruz should not be suspended for PEDs.

Quote:

I never said that Blanco should never pitch again... I don't think anyone has said that. What is being said is... take responsibility. He has admitted to violating the rules. Confirmed by his manager. Take the "L" and accept it.

The problem people have with the Astros is this whole "I'm being singled out" theme that cheaters use to deflect responsibility. Just Own It. Instead, you'll try to mock everyone that calls you out.

If you cheat and get caught... Own it. Serve your time and move on.
John Armfield
Quote:

Don't confuse recognition with obsession. Recognizing you are cheating again isn't an obsession as much as statement of "where you are."
Funny you mention this when you have roid head Adolis Gracia currently on yalls team, and lets go back in the past.

Palmerio, Sierra, Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Pudge, etc,etc..

LOL Rangerette hypocrites.
Mr Gigem
AG
John Armfield said:

Quote:

Don't confuse recognition with obsession. Recognizing you are cheating again isn't an obsession as much as statement of "where you are."
Funny you mention this when you have roid head Adolis Gracia currently on yalls team, and lets go back in the past.

Palmerio, Sierra, Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Pudge, etc,etc..

LOL Rangerette hypocrites.

Can you show us where/when Adolis was busted for PEDs?
Silent For Too Long
Is there some indication that Blanco is refusing to serve his time?

He seems to legitimately not know he was doing anything wrong. What, precisely is he or is he not doing that's ruffling your precious little feathers so much?
DallasAg 94
Silent For Too Long said:

Hey chach, if you honestly think the Ranger's just won a ship without a win at all cost mindset, you are one delusional sob.

It's professional baseball. You don't win it all without pushing the boundaries. Stress testing the rules is an integral part of the sport and has been since the very beginning. Your little high horse is the epitome of delusional.
Cool. I'll put you on the "Altuve uses PEDs" list.
John Armfield
DallasAg 94 said:

Hey chach, if you honestly think the Ranger's just won a ship without a win at all cost mindset, you are one delusional sob.

It's professional baseball. You don't win it all without pushing the boundaries. Stress testing the rules is an integral part of the sport and has been since the very beginning. Your little high horse is the epitome of delusional.
LOL Altuve used Peds but Gracia doesn't lol most delusional fan base dorks in all of MLB
DallasAg 94
So, you are asking about a 6 year old video that shows a player doing something that isn't considered illegal at the time?!

I don't think a player slapping his wrist like that is what Blanco has been caught doing. I'm not going to play your straw man gotcha of "this or that."

Just own it.
Silent For Too Long
Pathetic is your fanbases circle jerking over an issue one of your players literally goy in trouble for doing less then a year ago.

Pathetic is getting swept by the Colrado Rockies.

Hth
Silent For Too Long
The guy with 2 of the worst takes in Texags history telling others to "just own it."

Wow.
DallasAg 94
John Armfield said:

DallasAg 94 said:

LOL Altuve used Peds but Gracia doesn't lol most delusional fan base dorks in all of MLB
I'm actually on record of saying Garcia probably uses. No delusion. If he gets caught... suspend him. But, you likely won't catch him because MLB has reached the point that they have TUE for some players for some things. We just don't get to know.

I want transparency in MLB so we can have consistency. If more fans would adopt my mindset, we'd clean up the sport.

If players know they'll get suspended for what Blanco did... fewer players will do it. Escalate they punishment until it makes it not worth the risk.

But, as we are today... a guy washing cars in the DR who gets $10K to come pitch in America where he can get Millions... is too enticing.

Blanco made $721K last year and will make a similar amount in 2024.

I don't know what he was making washing cars, but in the DR... per capita income is less than $10K (USD) per year. Would I do anything I could to be a MLB player and make more in one year than I could make in 70 years in DR?! You bet your sweet ass I would.
The Porkchop Express

The guy with 2 of the worst takes in Texags history telling others to "just own it."

Wow.
What were they?
Keep Jimbo and extend Fran?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
agent-maroon
AG

Pathetic is your fanbases circle jerking over an issue one of your players literally goy in trouble for doing less then a year ago.

Hth

Do you ever get tired of the asterisks attached to your successes? That no hitter Blanco threw just got tagged with another one
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
agent-maroon said:

Hth

Do you ever get tired of the asterisks attached to your successes? That no hitter Blanco threw just got tagged with another one
None of us play for the Astros.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Whats Up Brother
None us solicited pics from underage high school girls

South Platte
Right on schedule. This thread was fairly benign and contained measured exchanges for the first 6 weeks of the season but has gone south in a hurry.

agent-maroon
AG
Devastating. Surely, that retort is as close to a mortal wound as any I will face today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
Whats Up Brother said:

Neither did I, dumb ****. But keep trying.
DallasAg 94
The Porkchop Express said:

Wow.
What were they?
  • Odor was on a path to be one of the Top5 HR hitters at 2B of all time.
  • Altuve takes PEDs.

Both are accurate and solid takes.

At 28, Odor is 22nd in All-Time HRs by a 2B... 178 in 1154 GP.
15. Altuve (34) is at 216 in 1709G
10. Lou Whitaker is at 244 in 2390G

By age 25 ('15) Altuve had amassed a whopping 36 HRs, while Odor was at 136 by the same age is somehow a disqualifying recognition... I guess.

I have no problem with my statements... and by saying "Altuve was better" only makes the 2nd point.
The Porkchop Express
DallasAg 94 said:

Wow.
What were they?
  • Odor was on a path to be one of the Top5 HR hitters at 2B of all time.
  • Altuve takes PEDs.

Both are accurate and solid takes.

At 28, Odor is 22nd in All-Time HRs by a 2B... 178 in 1154 GP.
15. Altuve (34) is at 216 in 1709G
10. Lou Whitaker is at 244 in 2390G

By age 25 ('15) Altuve had amassed a whopping 36 HRs, while Odor was at 136 by the same age is somehow a disqualifying recognition... I guess.

I have not problem... and by saying "Altuve was better" only makes the 2nd point.

Personally I don't give a **** if Altuve is taking horse tranquilizers and freebasing heroin. As long as he hits like mofo, I'm good to go.

Back in the 2010s I realized I don't care if my teams guys use or not when I noticed that Brian Cushing off steroids was a way ****tier player than Brian Cushing on streroids.
cc10106
agent-maroon said:

Hth

Only by the same kind of folks still claiming Framber cheated in the 2022 World Series i.e. those not to be taken seriously.
DallasAg 94
I decided with Maurice Clarrett that I'd rather by terminally mediocre than to cheat and win.

We took different paths, I suppose. I was content not winning a MNC nor a WS. Winning just isn't that important. That is why a 3game sweep at the hands of the Rockies doesn't bother me the way some of your kinfolks think it would.
Whats Up Brother

Whats Up Brother said:

Okay, "Trent"
The Porkchop Express
DallasAg 94 said:

I decided with Maurice Clarrett that I'd rather by terminally mediocre than to cheat and win.

We took different paths, I suppose. I was content not winning a MNC nor a WS. Winning just isn't that important. That is why a 3game sweep at the hands of the Rockies doesn't bother me the way some of your kinfolks think it would.
If you could prove to me that every other team doesn't break the rules at all, then I would be bothered by the Astros incidents in 2017.

Covering sports at the high school and college level for 12 years makes me laugh at that statement though. Every team in every sport on every level is looking for advantages it can use to win. And they only give a **** about the fact that it might be cheating after they get caught. I can give 100 examples without breaking a sweat of this happening at the HS and college level.

It's like the famous book says, It's only cheating if you get caught.
Silent For Too Long
It literally keeps up at night what losers in Arlington think about my local sports teams accomplishments.
agent-maroon
AG
Guess that attitude helps you rationalize it all, but y'all are "getting caught" way more than most
RO519
AG
Not posing a strawman, just a simple yes or no question. Do you think rosin applied to the forearm (not illegal) as shown in the video could get rosin on the glove?

I've seen plenty of pitchers apply rosin like that. Just looking at what appears to be a pretty clear example of how rosin could have gotten on his glove.
Silent For Too Long
Whats Up Brother said:

Whats Up Brother said:

Okay, "Trent"

Getting personal on a **** talking thread.

****ing classless losers in the DFW.
Marvin
AG
cc10106 said:

agent-maroon said:

Hth

Only by the same kind of folks still claiming Framber cheated in the 2022 World Series i.e. those not to be taken seriously.

Pretty sure Blanco has been checked routinely by umps every game, just like every other pitcher.

But that window licker wouldn't recognize a fact if it slapped him across his empty head.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The Porkchop Express
agent-maroon said:

Guess that attitude helps you rationalize it all, but y'all are "getting caught" way more than most

Thanks!
agent-maroon
AG
Marvin said:

cc10106 said:

agent-maroon said:

Hth

Pretty sure Blanco has been checked routinely by umps every game, just like every other pitcher.

But that window licker wouldn't recognize a fact if it slapped him across his empty head.

"Pretty sure" is not a fact, hence the use of an asterisk. A 10 game suspension for using a sticky substance is a fact.

HTH
Whats Up Brother
Quit wasting your breath. You're arguing with a guy who was so emotional after an Astros loss, that he ran to TexAgs to claim a Rangers fan shoved his wife down some stairs
agent-maroon
AG
Whats Up Brother said:

Quit wasting your breath. You're arguing with a guy who was so emotional after an Astros loss, that he ran to TexAgs to claim a Rangers fan shoved his wife down some stairs

Oh I know all about the wife shoving. Not to worry, he can't even see this since he put me on ignore earlier today.
Silent For Too Long
agent-maroon said:

Marvin said:

cc10106 said:

agent-maroon said:

Hth

"Pretty sure" is not a fact, hence the use of an asterisk. A 10 game suspension for using a sticky substance is a fact.

HTH

But you are implying it had anything to do with his no-no with zero evidence to back it up.

Riiiiiight.
Marvin
AG
Whats Up Brother said:

Down some stairs? Nope. Bumped and hurt her arm? Yep.

You guys sure like to twist and ignore facts, don't you?

Marvin
AG

agent-maroon said:

Marvin said:

cc10106 said:

agent-maroon said:

Hth

HTH

But you are implying it had anything to do with his no-no with zero evidence to back it up.

Riiiiiight.

Just saw her response since I have her on ignore. I didn't say Blanco wasn't using something last night or any other night, but he has been checked every game just like every other pitcher does. Apparently, if he was using rosin on his non-throwing hand, it wasn't enough to warrant ejection.

But again, that poster is just interested in flaming and not discussing facts. Best to put her on ignore.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.