Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

766,647 Views | 8527 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by nortex97
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My thought is to normalize selling and buying coins if only to help break your mental stigma of being afraid to transact with them. And if you can sell and buy and score some dips, more power to you.
jeremy
AG
Bought my bitcoin back at $55,700. Basically made $10 after fees. Got scared so I got back in. Don't want it rising on me and I miss the boat. Totally followed the indicators on selling it but I went with my gut buying back in. Time will tell if I was wise or foolish.
wareagle044
An I the only loser on here obsessed with XRP?
Drawkcab
Anyone use the exchange Mercatox? I have some ERC-20 tokens (Bomb) that not many exchanges support. Mercatox seems to be my best shot at exchanging them for ETH or something and then ultimately USD. However, my bomb wallet (and ETH too) show "not_available" on Mercatox. Customer service says "deposit address is generated by eth network. Please kindly wait until the eth network is stable".

Does this even make sense? My ETH wallet at Coinbase and elsewhere are working.
Decay
AG
wareagle044 said:

I thought the fed was taking them down?
wareagle044
Decay said:

wareagle044 said:

I thought the fed was taking them down?

Pre-trial hearing on Monday. The new SEC chair may elect not to pursue. We shall see. It was #3 coin behind ETH before SEC filed in December. It's something to watch.
jeremy
AG
wareagle044 said:

Yes, I think its tradeable but I wouldn't necessarily hold it forever. It has massive dips and rises you can take advantage of.
wareagle044
jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

Yes, I think its tradeable but I wouldn't necessarily hold it forever. It has massive dips and rises you can take advantage of.

It has real-use case of it replaces SWIFT in the banking industry for money transfers
Decay
AG
wareagle044 said:

jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

It has real-use case of it replaces SWIFT in the banking industry for money transfers

What does SWIFT even do that any coin-capable bank can't? XLM seems like the natural solution to replace wire xfers.
wareagle044
Decay said:

wareagle044 said:

jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

What does SWIFT even do that any coin-capable bank can't? XLM seems like the natural solution to replace wire xfers.

I like XLM as well and it's a good piece of my crypto-folio. It'll probably be $1 at the end of the year. I think XRP was a little further along before the SEC case. It just depends on how XRP recovers or doesn't afterward. The SEC case against Ripple as a company is rather weak. It's a good opportunity for the rest of crypto as there's also the potential to set precedent

Kampfers
AG
wareagle044 said:

Kampfers said:

jeremy said:

Vet is showing signs of running right now. You'll have to watch and see how it goes. I cannot guess how high, but my screener tells me when its going to go up and its pretty accurate.

I really like VET due to the potential for business applications. I don't own a ton of it but I have some just in case it blows up.

Which exchange are you using to get it?
I haven't actually bought it off an exchange, I sometimes run a ETH miner at nights and set the payout to whatever coin I fancy at the time. So I picked up around a thousand VET that way.

I believe you can trade for it on KuCoin though
TxAG#2011
wareagle044 said:

jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

Now that banks can utilize stable coins that use case is kind of obsolete
Canyon99
jeremy said:

Bought my bitcoin back at $55,700. Basically made $10 after fees. Got scared so I got back in. Don't want it rising on me and I miss the boat. Totally followed the indicators on selling it but I went with my gut buying back in. Time will tell if I was wise or foolish.

Very few people have the ability to perfectly time the markets (crypto included). Just DCA and you should be fine.
HtownAg92
AG
Kampfers said:

wareagle044 said:

Kampfers said:

jeremy said:

Vet is showing signs of running right now. You'll have to watch and see how it goes. I cannot guess how high, but my screener tells me when its going to go up and its pretty accurate.

I really like VET due to the potential for business applications. I don't own a ton of it but I have some just in case it blows up.

I haven't actually bought it off an exchange, I sometimes run a ETH miner at nights and set the payout to whatever coin I fancy at the time. So I picked up around a thousand VET that way.

I bought some VET on Crypto.com a few weeks ago. Got in at .035.
jeremy
AG
Hoping and watching for a btc dip today. I'll holler if I see anything on Market Cipher in case anyone wants to get in.

Pepper Brooks
AG
wareagle044 said:

Decay said:

wareagle044 said:

jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

I like XLM as well and it's a good piece of my crypto-folio. It'll probably be $1 at the end of the year. I think XRP was a little further along before the SEC case. It just depends on how XRP recovers or doesn't afterward. The SEC case against Ripple as a company is rather weak. It's a good opportunity for the rest of crypto as there's also the potential to set precedent

XLM is the better play, IMO. I hold it as well.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
frankm01
Opened a coinbase account a few weeks ago but am having technical issues funding the account. I'm dealing with them now, but see that BTC, ETH and 2 others can be purchased through PayPal. Anyone else use PayPal?
jeremy
AG
I never have .
jeremy
AG
If anyone is watching this Sunday pattern, eth and btc (this most other cryptos are going to hit the dip soon.). Get ready to buy.
wareagle044
jeremy said:

If anyone is watching this Sunday pattern, eth and btc (this most other cryptos are going to hit the dip soon.). Get ready to buy.

Here. We. Go.
jeremy
AG
Bitcoin has Dropped from 57.7 to 55.5 so far.... watch for the dip to buy!

wareagle044
NTXAg10 said:

wareagle044 said:

Decay said:

wareagle044 said:

jeremy said:

wareagle044 said:

XLM is the better play, IMO. I hold it as well.

I grabbed some more tonight.
wareagle044
HtownAg92 said:

Kampfers said:

wareagle044 said:

Kampfers said:

jeremy said:

I bought some VET on Crypto.com a few weeks ago. Got in at .035.

A grabbed a few tonight would've used your referral link if I knew they had the bonus.

Shout at HTAg92 or myself if anyone wants a referral link to get VET
Skillet Shot
jeremy said:

What is the bottom of the dip
wareagle044
Skillet Shot said:

jeremy said:

What is the bottom of the dip

It's at 53,7 now so either there or lower

Everyone joining suit in the dip, but XRP had a fun ride last night around midnight

Find an alt you like and buy the dip there

tamu02
Looks like VGX and ADA are in a pretty good dip right now too.
Ag In Ok
AG
Just chilling - about to hit my prescribed cap for investing in crypto later this morning. Just waiting a little while longer. Then i make my last buy, likely BTC and not REN. Then i hold for just about the rest of the year.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Beginner here. Have a little ETH and XLM. Working off Coinbase for now. Any long term holds you guys recommend? Still researching and trying to see what' the real deal and what isn't.
Skillet Shot
Looking like a good buying opportunity today
Pepper Brooks
AG
A good place to start is to see what Defi coins Gemini supports. It's a smaller list than coinbase and most of those have solid use cases.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Decay
AG
Time to DCA!
TxAG#2011
NTXAg10 said:

A good place to start is to see what Defi coins Gemini supports. It's a smaller list than coinbase and most of those have solid use cases.
Bought some more CRV here
SMM48
AG
Don't worry. For every "big idiot" move we make. Someone will top it right after us. So the cycle goes.
jeremy
AG
Skillet Shot said:

BUY,BUY, BUY!! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THIS MORNING. When BTC (Bitcoin) bounces back up, so will everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING else. You can't really go wrong.

Vet, Algo, BTC, Eth, etc. When btc turns, those others will follow suit. I promise this pattern is easily recognizable over many months.
wareagle044
jeremy said:

Skillet Shot said:

BUY,BUY, BUY!! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THIS MORNING. When BTC (Bitcoin) bounces back up, so will everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING else. You can't really go wrong.

Vet, Algo, BTC, Eth, etc. When btc turns, those others will follow suit. I promise this pattern is easily recognizable over many months.

Agreed.
Last Page
Page 2 of 244

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.