Business & Investing
Sponsored by

LegalZoom for Living Trust

1,098 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Red Pear Realty
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any thoughts on their offering that includes wills, POA, and living trust? Or other on-line packages?

Our situation is pretty simple with no minor children.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I think it's a terrible idea. Pay an attorney to help you. My grandparents setup cost them like $1500. It's going to cost your heirs a lot more if something goes wrong.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
OldArmyCT
AG
You get what you pay for.
Jabin
If your situation is simple, why do you think you need a living trust?
rme
AG
Good question. Simple as in no planning required for care of minors and many assets have defined beneficiaries. Thinking about trust for home, land (when we buy some), and personal property.
PA24
AG
When I had my Living Trust drawn up in 2007, I went thru the Bond Law Fund in Houston Texas. I put everything into my living trust ~house, savings account, and bank account. Everything of real value. Once it is set up, forget about it, vey little maintenance.

Little did I know ten years later that these actions saved me a lot of trouble when I needed to move some inherited assets into a fiduciary account and was able to reach out to Bond law firm. By having an established relationship, the move was seamless.

Get a qualified estate attorney when dealing with your wealth, you will sleep better at night.

rme
AG
Thank you!
jagvocate
AG
No need for legal Zoom. If you want to do it cheaply, might as well tear the pages out of a book at Barnes and Noble and DIY.
rme
AG
Always love the comical responses. Not looking for cheap, just wondering if these services are a good alternative.

Now I'm curious about your view of people who do their own taxes or brake jobs.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Yeah, and what about people who cut their own hair?! What do you think about them, huh?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.