Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Accounting Audit

1,505 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by MAROON
LoneStarBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I own a title insurance agency in West Texas. Each year my business is required to have an audit of our escrow account. I'm getting a little frustrated with my current auditor and I fell like I'm paying a butt-load.

Does anyone know of a good person or firm that does this kind of work for a decent price?
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
Fireman
AG
What do you consider is a decent price?
LoneStarBQ
AG
Good question. I am paying a little over $17,000 per year currently.
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
Fireman
AG
Accounting students and graduates are dwindling, which is having a pretty negative effect on the availability of tax preparers and auditors. I've been doing this for close to 25 years, and you might find someone to do it for 14K to 15K, at the best, but unfortunately $17K is in the ballpark of where prices / rates are currently.

Edited: the original message included a link to young a CPA getting his practice going, that I thought might do it for closer to $10K, but unfortunately, I realized after the post he is not licensed in Texas and can't help you. If I think of someone else - I'll let you know.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
PM sent
MAROON
AG
never had to do an escrow account audit in my public accounting days but trying to figure out how hard that would be. Doesn't seem too complicated on the surface.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.