Game day vs Alabama

2,159 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
Kbeauty63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
22-21 Alabama after 1. Sydney & Tineya with the 3 pointers so far
Kbeauty63
AG
39-27 Alabama 2:50 left in the 2nd Q.
Kbeauty63
AG
43-31 Alabama at halftime
aggiedrjdub
AG
It's funny to listen to the analysts trying to say something positive/good about our team. Lol. It's a struggle.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
giggitygigem
Ok too if that they'll say something so wrong, it leaves me speechless sometimes. Starters gonna have to show us something out of HT or this could get out of hand. Wonder if Joni comes out with the original starting lineup? 5/19
aggiedrjdub
AG
Our defense is comical. Layup after layup after layup after layup and an occasional 3.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Y'all. We have game. Almost afraid to post.
trackaggie76
AG
Bama killing us rebounding
aggiedrjdub
AG
I jinxed us.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Why are they letter her even touch the ball?
emoney
AG
Wish Joni brought Sarah Ashley Barker with her here when she left Georgia. She's pretty good.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We don't deserve Aicha Coulibaly. Never in my life have I seen someone work so hard and want to win so badly. She is special.
trackaggie76
AG
She is a great player!
trackaggie76
AG
Oh well!!!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
As good as Janiah is, just so many head scratchers.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh well. Another Fightin' Texas Aggie loss.
AggieCrew44
AG
Even without Rogers, Blair would have this team in the tournament

Poorly coached group
giggitygigem
That's funny
Rec
jja79
AG
Would next year be make or break?
StaceyS92$
AC has so much heart, determination, and passion for the game. Sge gives it her all!
mullokmotx
AG
2 key moments. Alabama's Barker came back in the game with 4 fouls with 6:46 left and stayed in. Coulibaly made a great steal when we were up 63-59 with 4:45 left but missed the shot in the paint and they went down and scored 7 seconds later.
mullokag
aggiedrjdub
AG
mullokmotx said:

2 key moments. Alabama's Barker came back in the game with 4 fouls with 6:46 left and stayed in. Coulibaly made a great steal when we were up 63-59 with 4:45 left but missed the shot in the paint and they went down and scored 7 seconds later.
yeah - that was definitely a momentum breaker.

i'm frustrated for this team. i don't believe it's coaching. maybe a different style could get a bit more out of them. coach joni did take time outs, and she tried all she could. at the end of the day, alabama is just better. they have 7-8 excellent players that run an effective offense and their barker is the difference maker. our offense is just too inconsistent. props to aicha for giving blood sweat and tears and doing all she could to help this team. the last 4-5 games, Ware has been ineffective. forcing passes, missing short shots; defensively opposing teams have been able to shut her down. our barker is so good when she plays within herself and doesn't force or try some crazy stuff. hopefully next year is a break thru year for her and i'm sure the pressure on her to succeed here is overwhelming.

i wasn't aware kk is a senior. idk where we go from here. we need an experienced an elite point guard that can run an offense and we don't have that and we are losing rogers. lots of integral pieces, but without a guard like rogers, we are pretty easy to shut down and too inconsistent to be a threat.

i hope we make the tournament, but if i'm honest, we don't look like a tournament team.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Will Rogers make either the SEC or the NCAA tournaments?
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

mullokmotx said:

yeah - that was definitely a momentum breaker.

i'm frustrated for this team. i don't believe it's coaching. maybe a different style could get a bit more out of them. coach joni did take time outs, and she tried all she could. at the end of the day, alabama is just better. they have 7-8 excellent players that run an effective offense and their barker is the difference maker. our offense is just too inconsistent. props to aicha for giving blood sweat and tears and doing all she could to help this team. the last 4-5 games, Ware has been ineffective. forcing passes, missing short shots; defensively opposing teams have been able to shut her down. our barker is so good when she plays within herself and doesn't force or try some crazy stuff. hopefully next year is a break thru year for her and i'm sure the pressure on her to succeed here is overwhelming.

i wasn't aware kk is a senior. idk where we go from here. we need an experienced an elite point guard that can run an offense and we don't have that and we are losing rogers. lots of integral pieces, but without a guard like rogers, we are pretty easy to shut down and too inconsistent to be a threat.

i hope we make the tournament, but if i'm honest, we don't look like a tournament team.
KK, MJ & Sahara *MAY* be back. They were the last incoming COVID class (MJ for sure since she didn't play last year recoving from injury)
KyleAsInKyleField
AG
Was at the game yesterday for 12MP. Coulibaly is just so dang impressive, when she had the ball going down the court before the miss and I was videoing I thought "dang we're gonna win this game" maybe I jinxed us…
aggiedrjdub
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Will Rogers make either the SEC or the NCAA tournaments?

I hope so but it doesn't seem like it. Almost sounds as if they are using the "it's not season ending" as leverage so the committee might still put them in the tournament.
aggiedrjdub
AG
realistically, we only have one game left. assuming we could possibly win our first sec conference game would push us to play South Carolina, so it looks like we will leave the tournament 0-1 and 1-1.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.