I LOVE GOLF

13,985 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by AggieDruggist89
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your three putt for par belongs in the F golf thread , now
REMARCH11
AG
So far off to a strong start this year.
I told all my golf buddies that when I cam back from deployment I was coming back at 6 HC, took me just under 4 months to be back to a 0.
So far,
Shot 68 in my first kick off tournament, had 5 lip outs which really stung.
Made it to final play off hole of our Member Member tournament, lost to a pop……still haven't gotten over it.
Shot 73 in 30+ MPH winds on Friday, literally felt like it shot 67, one of my best overall rounds in a long time.
2022 goal is still the same, want to shot 65 in a tournament, I've been close but just can't seem to close the deal.

Love this game and really looking forward to this season.
The Milkman
AG
This belongs in both the love golf and hate golf threads. Probably my biggest 9 vs 9 discrepancy of my life.

51 front.
36 back.

Dumb game
Rusty GCS
AG
I played 9 this morning. 41. 5 over on the two par 3, even par on the 4's & 5's.

Went back and played the other 9 this evening. Didn't finish several holes because I was hitting it so bad. But I was with my kids, my cousin & his kids, and my uncle. Just riding around having the time of our lives. Love golf.
AggieSig16
AG
Played Riverside in Austin on Saturday and shot a 77 with 5 birdies. Most birds I've ever had in a single round.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Been playing Wednesday eve league at my club. It runs through September. First 3 weeks, I struggled as it's only 9 holes and I get out of the gate slow. Also got paired up with not so good players.

Yesterday, I got paired up with last year match play champion and member guest champion.

I birdied the 9th for a 36 to beat both ****ers, 37 and 41.
Rusty GCS
AG
My 2 & 3 year olds ask to go to the golf course instead of the playground.

My wife isn't happy about this.

The secret is getting them ice cream on the way
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Never really played much golf maybe four times a year but picked it up again for real after Covid.

Been struggling to break 90, shooting mostly low 90s rounds the last six months.

Fired off an 83 this morning. 39/44
G Martin 87
AG
10 weeks postop. It'll still be a little while before I can love golf again.
Rusty GCS
AG
36 / 42

First time to shoot par on 9 holes. First time in 70s. I played like a jackass on the back but hung on!!

Korn Ferry here I come! Or the F Golf thread. Whatever I don't care
AggieDruggist89
AG
Congrats! Finally
Rusty GCS
AG
AggieDruggist89
AggieDruggist89
AG
78-73-72 this weekend and $160 in skins..

I love golf
TwoMarksHand
AG
Quit using my driver after hole 4. Couple birdies, couple double bogeys. Stood on 18 tee, par 5, needing par to break 80.

Sank a long birdie putt for a 78.

Never broke 80 before.
clobby
AG
85 Yesterday. First time breaking 90, had the shanks on the first 2 holes and a rough putting experience on 18 but it was still a good round.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
This might belong on the F Golf thread and this one. Played 18 last Friday and shot 49 on the front and mi**** everything. Thought about going home after 9 and decided since I paid for 18, I better finish. Had a snack bag of Cheetos at the turn with my 7 year old and shot a 4 over 40 on the back. I was ready to be done and now I can't wait for Friday again.
AgfromHOU
AG
I broke 100 for the first time two days ago, after setting a previous best score last Thursday. I had a horrible putting day when I broke 100, too. I had 44 putts when I typically average 28-32 putts per round.
mike_ags_fan12
2nd time breaking 90 time this year

89 at River Hills in Corpus
5 GIR
4 Fairways Hit
39 putts
DannyDuberstein
AG
Got it to -5 through 11 during today's round. Slipped a bit coming in, finished at -3 (69, nice). Index is -3.3, so nice morning.

I should probably practice more (I don't at all). I played all 3 days on the last 2 holiday weekends, and both Monday rounds are the two under par rounds in my last 20.
Agwade_96
AG
Played Olympia Hills here in San Antonio last week. Double bogeyed the first so I almost posted on the other thread. Instead, I hit a great drive on the par 5 #2 hole and left myself 224 to the green. To the right of the green is a steep slope that is above the green and can be used to your advantage. There is nothing but trouble left.

I lined up a little right to use the slope and hit a perfect rescue 3. The ball hit the slope and kicked towards the green. When I get up there, the ball is sitting around six feet from the hole. By far the best golf shot I have ever hit from that distance.

I finished off the hole with an eagle. After that I proceeded to shoot a 79 for the round.

I love golf!
The Milkman
AG
Out with friends at 6:30 this morning. Body wasn't warmed up yet and +6 through 4.

+2 for the final 14 with an even back. Felt great!
dcrewint
I've been at par or near there a couple times before at the campus course, but I'm pretty certain I've never been under since the renovation. I haven't played the course in quite awhile. Maybe once in the last year. I play 95% of my golf at Pebble Creek.

Since Pebble was closed yesterday a friend and I decided to give it a go. I went birdie-birdie out of the gate which was a first. Gave both strokes back by hole 9. Birdied 13 & 16. Tried to go beast mode off the tee on 17 and hit a drop kick toey drive into the rough but managed to save bogey. Hookey off the 18th but not too bad. Pulled the approach just a tad but got over the bunkers. Short game saved the par thus giving me a 70 (-1)!
G Martin 87
AG
I finished my PT last week after scapho-lunate ligament reconstruction surgery on my left hand in March. Doc and therapist both said my healing and progress on ROM/strength have been great and I can start playing again, but "don't get cocky, it will take about a year to get your game back where it was pre-procedure. Take it slow." I've been getting out on the course at least every other night to play a few holes. So far so good; played 5 last night, nothing worse than bogey. Loving golf again and grateful to be able to play at all.
khaos288
AG
Last Monday was the last time I played. I'm playing again tomorrow, so I finally have to get it off my chest.

Front 9 of Westridge, blues, slight wind. Birdied all the par 5s, and the short par 4. Parred the rest including 2 par putts of 8 feet or longer on 3, and 7. It was a straight out of body experience. 32 on a par 36 9.
Southside AG
AG
Shot my best front nine ever scoring a 40*. Asterisk because I lost a ball just off fairway that should've been found on hole 8 par 5. No way was that ball in any jeopardy of being lost or in a hazard. Rough was a tad thick and just couldn't locate ball. 1 over after 7, followed by double bogey on 8 and bogey on 9. I was still super pumped. Off to the F golf thread to post my back nine 47 score. All together though this round lowered my index and the practice is laying off!
Southside AG
AG
Officially a 14.0 handicap index. Shot my lowest round of 85. As usual it could've been lower if…. Took lessons December and January and was an 18 handicap index; the swing changes are finally coming more naturally.
CapCityAg89
AG
Man. I can't wait until I can post on this thread for reals.
evestor1
This past week I shot my worst round of the decade.

Front nine - slow group in front of us with mega-heat beating down...54!

Took a 45 minute lunch break

Back nine - no one in front of us 10-16 even...catch up and wait on each shot...17-18 5 over to shoot 41.

54 - 41
oldflyer
AG
First round after rotator cuff surgery a couple of weeks ago. Shot 79.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Planning to play this afternoon as we hit 108 on the thermometer
SilverTongueDevil
Got a hole in one at the course where I live in East Texas. Not legit as well t was in the middle of a practice session but still felt really cool. 99 yard par 3. I'm a 20 handicapper so things like this, even in practice, are very rare for me lol.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
DannyDuberstein
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Planning to play this afternoon as we hit 108 on the thermometer

Shot -2 at Ridgeview Ranch. Man, is it baked. Drove the ball 390 on #10 LOL
clobby
AG
Don't know if this is love or hate but posted a 89 today, awesome for me. 1 triple, 1 birdie, 1 par, & 15 bogeys.
CAR96
AG
We Ko Pa is great. Hope you play when it's cooler weather.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.