Youtube Golf Thread

9,575 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Unemployed
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cab559 said:

Anyone watching the Q today?

Micah is shooting a high number. Not sure how that guy has a you tube following - he's not good and doesn't have any personality to go with it.

Came here to post this. Love seeing that guy humbled. Classic case of someone thinking they're a lot better than they actually are simply because he can hit his driver far. He's in the same category for me as DOD King in terms of delusional confidence. Wish they would've invited someone like Brad Dalke instead of that clown d-ck.
lazuras_dc
AG
I didn't realize Dan Rapaport was a baller!

Definitely rough ending for George Bryan- was rooting for him. Really like him and his brother. As far as YT goes, aside from the Bryan Bros, I like Grant Horvat and Rick Shiels, the rest are just kinda meh for me.
Mr.Bond
AG
Man..... that's gonna haunt Bryan for the rest of his life
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

David_Puddy
AG
Maybe for a little bit but probably not long. Hell he will likely make more on their next Youtube video than he would in that tourney anyway. Also, the guy who won it I believe is pretty good friends with Wesley (and maybe George as well), and has been on of a few of their videos and has had numerous PGA and KF starts, so that probably takes the sting out a little. Especially being that guy that won doesn't have Youtube revenue or sponsorship $ like the Bryan Bros do. I know George hates losing but I bet he's pretty happy that spot goes to his friend who relies on tournament golf to make a living.
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't think it's gonna haunt him from a monetary standpoint.But all you have to do is make par on a par 5 and you get to start in a PGA tour event.....no matter how many videos you make on YouTube.That's something that's a once in a lifetime experience
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

aggiebonzo
AG
Caddie should've had him lay back on approach and just play for 5 with a two shot lead. Missing right in that rough left a horrible angle over bunkers to a narrow green and not being able to get enough spin on that pitch to stop the ball. He was dead over there.
RogerFurlong
David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Micah is shooting a high number. Not sure how that guy has a you tube following - he's not good and doesn't have any personality to go with it.

Came here to post this. Love seeing that guy humbled. Classic case of someone thinking they're a lot better than they actually are simply because he can hit his driver far. He's in the same category for me as DOD King in terms of delusional confidence. Wish they would've invited someone like Brad Dalke instead of that clown d-ck.
To me the DOD king is just a bit, he doesn't really believe anything he says. Micah is just dumb. Garret tried to get Brad to take his spot but they tournament wanted him instead. Garret said his game was in a really bad spot and would feel guilty if he won.
cab559
AG
I got to give it to Rapaport. I thought he was toast after the opening double but dude battled with a 76. In fact, I think he beat all the YTuber's except George. He's a lot better than I thought.
AustinCountyAg
aggiebonzo said:

Caddie should've had him lay back on approach and just play for 5 with a two shot lead. Missing right in that rough left a horrible angle over bunkers to a narrow green and not being able to get enough spin on that pitch to stop the ball. He was dead over there.
he literally could've pitched up to the back of the green and took the water out of play. then 3 putt and still win.
Unemployed
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

aggiebonzo said:

he literally could've pitched up to the back of the green and took the water out of play. then 3 putt and still win.
No, a 3 putt for bogey would put him in a tie with Atkins.
AustinCountyAg
my mistake
TXAGGIES
the 3 footer he missed on 15? for birdie really cost him
txags11
AG
I was pretty impressed with the 15 year old as well..he's got a really nice swing
aggiebonzo
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I don't think it's gonna haunt him from a monetary standpoint.But all you have to do is make par on a par 5 and you get to start in a PGA tour event.....no matter how many videos you make on YouTube.That's something that's a once in a lifetime experience
He's already had a PGA tour start and made the cut!
Mr.Bond
AG
News to me

RogerFurlong
George got a sponsor exemption anyways.
GoAgs92
AG
Golf Sidekick since I'm trying to get to 90 consistently

I watch Grant and Garrett play each other but think most of goodgood is meh
benlbates
AG
I've got the bug in a bad way and this kind of stuff helps on days I can't get to the range / course.

Poot
Micah is THE WORST. Unwatchable.
AgBQ-00
AG

Peter Finch Playing a 9 hole Stableford with Padraig Harrington.
gestapoparrot

Sergio and Abe Anser vs Luke and Sean. I've played with a Luke a few times and he talked a little about playing at OU with Abe so cool to see them share some of those stories.

If you're in SA and can get on Briggs is a great track to run around, if you hate putting on zoysia it can be a slog though.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Been watching the New Zealand series Kwon put out and now I'm ready to book a trip there.
David_Puddy
AG
benlbates said:

I've got the bug in a bad way and this kind of stuff helps on days I can't get to the range / course.

Taco is greatness. Dude is just hilarious and loved him in the New Zealand series on Kwon's channel.
David_Puddy
AG
RogerFurlong said:

David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

To me the DOD king is just a bit, he doesn't really believe anything he says. Micah is just dumb. Garret tried to get Brad to take his spot but they tournament wanted him instead. Garret said his game was in a really bad spot and would feel guilty if he won.

Yeah, it really is a bit On his channel he plays the bit hard and his bro "caddie" is a beatdown too. I watched him play that Henry Grillo guy that is good buddies with Grant on his channel, and he was such a complete pr-ck to him. However they did the other 9 holes on Henry's channel and he acted completely different.
RogerFurlong
David_Puddy said:

RogerFurlong said:

David_Puddy said:

cab559 said:

Yeah, it really is a bit On his channel he plays the bit hard and his bro "caddie" is a beatdown too. I watched him play that Henry Grillo guy that is good buddies with Grant on his channel, and he was such a complete pr-ck to him. However they did the other 9 holes on Henry's channel and he acted completely different.
It works for tiktok but he's going to get a new bit to be successful in longer YouTube videos.
Unemployed
AG
David_Puddy said:

benlbates said:

Taco is greatness. Dude is just hilarious and loved him in the New Zealand series on Kwon's channel.
His matches with Sam Heung Min and Harry Na are great.

O-Keeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.